The VLN 2018 GT3 livery package is now available.

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Frank Murphy, Aug 29, 2019.

1. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

I've made a private update for the skinpack, including new menu icons. If anyone can ask Frank if he is fine with me reuploading it on Racedepartement I can share the pack for you. I tried to get in touch with him in the past but didn't recieve any answer. This would be a mas file install, so that it doesn't break, once the cars get updated.

bears and vava74 like this.
  2. Eagle1982

Eagle1982 Registered

Hi. Many thx for the offer. I only Need the Origin VLN Skin Pack. On my opinion There was no Update needed…
    Can anyone give me the pack ?

3. Simonk

Simonk Registered

Interesting that it was removed from the workshop! Someone must have had a licencing issue with it? I was thinking of adding them to my workshop but maybe not a good idea.

4. vava74

vava74 Registered

Almost certainly it was removed because it would not install anymore: the package made reference to a base version of the DLC cars which no longer exists.
    Same happens with the Enduracers' livery packs for 3 or 4 Porsche Cup series which made reference to a base version of the Porsche Cup that also doesn't exist anymore.
    Related to this, how do you open a mod file? ie. how to get access to the .mas files from .rcfmp files?
    The MAS utility app doesn't get it done (at least not for me) and when those files make reference to base mods that I don't have, obviously they don't get installed...

5. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

There is a way to extract unencrypted rcfmp files. Not sure if I should link here to the tool as it is a bit of a grey area, but I thought it would be a shame to loose many of those great mods that are only available for old car versions,can't be installed anymore or only work with old car versions. Just google quickbms and I think you will find out how it works. ;)

vava74 likes this.
  6. Simonk

Simonk Registered

You have to have the rfcmp package installed, then locate the mas files in your vehicles folder and extract them using mas2

7. vava74

vava74 Registered

The method which @hitm4k3r mentioned worked and I was able to revive the Enduracers' livery packs for the 991 Porsche Cup DLC.
    I am thrilled!

8. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

As allready mentioned by @vava74, you won't allways be able to install the rcfmp file, if it is referencing to an older mod version. The Carrera Cup skin pack by Enduracers is a great example for this. That said, with the tool mentioned above you can salvage those old skins and extract the mas files as long as the rcfmp files aren't encrypted. It's a bit of a shame that neither ISI nor S397 though about the chance of offering such a tool to keep old skin packs and mods usable. In the case of ISI it's atleast understandable as the whole mod structure was allways designed with the rcfmp files and manual installs in mind, but for S397 with Steam it would have made alot of sense.

vava74 likes this.
  9. Joe Cole

Joe Cole Registered

does anyone have working GT3 skin pack?

10. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

Joe Cole and bigbad like this.
  11. vava74

vava74 Registered

I can't share the my Enduracers' skinpack update as I gave the 991 Cup different tyres (for me, much better, although they are endurance, so the wear is on the lower side) and I am under the impression that S397 would not like it to be shared.
    Perhaps Enduracers won't be thrilled either, but their disengagement by not updating the workshop package is shocking, so they can get stuffed :-D so... I will try to make a new package with just the base DLC car specs.

12. Simonk

Simonk Registered

I have the original VLN skin pack plus other liveries on Steam ready to make public if someone knows how to get in contact with the original creator to get permission.

rubennaatje and pkelly like this.