The Simpit -formula Renault 2014 vid

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Adrianstealth, May 16, 2014.

1. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2014
  2. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Beat me to it! :cool:

3. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

well that didn't look carefully scripted and planned at all :p

4. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

It was an editorial, pretty neat actually. Looking at the comments it has worked. I haven't seen anybody mention Arca Sim Racing in a long time. You'll get flamed pretty hard for mentioning it in the iracing forums so to see someone say they have been trying it lately is actually quite shocking. So hopefully this video will get some sim racers to drop their guards and give rF2 a good go.

5. vittorio

vittorio Registered

Some great thoughts for the wider audience by Shaun IMO

6. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

You can say wathever you want, but that tiny bit of Formula Renault Footage got me super excited, and I'm really looking forward to it :)
    I am wondering if this will have DRS though. It does have it in real life, but didn't see it in the footage. If it does have DRS, I'm curious how it will work. In real life every driver can use DRS for an x-amount of seconds, no matter if you are in front, or behind someone, or driving in no-mans-land. (at least, it used to be that way, not sure if it is the same this year excually :p )

7. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

agreed,

I'm really happy there is now second sim show, also I have the feeling that the Simpit will not be mainly Iracing based
    ( due to I think not being sponsored by them ), would be good if Shaun stays fairly neutral

Also be a good additional place for ISI to release positive news out if Shaun's happy to report it etc

8. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Footage was sent to everyone on the media list, but specified to be for youtube channel usage as it was uncut footage of shot x, shot y, shot z.

9. Galaga

Galaga Banned

I give him an A+ for good attitiude, something others are sorely lacking. Clearly, this is a response to Darin's horrible fumble with the in depth rf2 review, but done very tastefully IMO.

10. Minibull

Minibull Member

Yeah that was very good, glad I subscribed to him. I hope it can do the same for all sims and all hardware manufacturers. It would be nice to see some proper reporting and reviewing of sim racing related items. Seems so many of the news sites eventually get "tainted" by a product sponsorship or a particular interest the owner has.

11. Luc Devin

Luc Devin Registered

this puts the mouth water :)

12. Robert Gödicke

Robert Gödicke Registered

I am trying all "wip, beta or early access" sims, and I was surprised about the improvements of some of the titles. So I totally agree with Shaun, he's really a friendly and clever guy I think. ISI has probably received the most beating from the sim community (wrongly), I hope that some will change their minds and re-try rFactor 2 again. I'm tired of reading comments like "I've tried build 49 at my friend's place, so I know what rFactor 2 feels like!". It's still the best package and continues to surprise me.

13. bwana

bwana Registered

nice Balance Shaun, responsible piece .. Im sure he said the Fr would be released this week?? hope so ..

14. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Tim, are the new Renaults using the new steering/FFB code, same as the Karts?

15. Valter Cardoso

Valter Cardoso Registered

It focus on one important issue, the new type of release, beta´s, alpha´s, etc.
    I really am not a fan of this new simracing titles release options.
    I think companies get some money early but they lose an huge ammount asweel cause of the negative opinions spread worldwide made by people who dont understand what a in-development product is.
    Rfactor 2 has a negative image cause of this and i believe its almost impossible to get back a guy who tested rf2 back in 2012, very dificult indeed.
    Question is, if rf2 was released now how would it be? Maybe it would get some better media/opinions i think but in other hand if devs didnt get the feedback they did much probably rf2 was not at this stage by now.
    Something to think off when rf3 starts to be developed in 2022.

16. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Everything is.

17. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

But everything else still has FFB in B494 ;) I guess it's anyway time to upgrade to 660 then :)

18. hariseldon

hariseldon Registered

Can't wait, the existing FR is bloody brilliant. Should be an interesting few weeks with the FR, DW12 and Indy. Excellent work ISI.

19. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

I'm not a open-wheeler fan, but the ISI Formula Renault is the only open wheeller that I drive some times and can't wait to test this new one with the all the physics update!

20. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

This might make me finally ditch the other openwheel-sim currently installed...