Released The 2022 UI Update

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Jan 27, 2022.

1. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

None that we know of YET, but the option is now available. I would expect the new Indycar shown on the main menu would be the first to expose P2P.

atomed likes this.
  2. atomed

atomed Member

None yet, that's the point :cool:

3. Desesseints

Desesseints Registered

Yesterday i could open the game to see the new UI.

Today i'm getting an "Steam application load error 3:0000065455" all the time.

I've verified integrity of installation files, disable Windows antivirus, run the game as administrator. Nothing works.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2022
  4. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

That appears to be a Steam issue, the same error message was reported by several users of other games including Fallout. Exit Steam. re-enter and verify your Steam Cache: Here is a short quote from another Steam thread about how to clear the cache.
    This is a Steam overlay error, I *strongly* suspect. Exit and restart Steam completely and then verify your game cache.

To verify your game cache, go into your Steam library, right click on Fallout 4, click of Properties, and then open the tab for Local Files. Click of Verify Integrity of Game Cache and go from ther
    e.

5. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

are we always forced to install unwanted content with a fresh install ? (I have always my content on a backup drive, so I don't need to lose time with unwanted forced downloaded content....)
    Is the wizard setting still there ? it's a ridiculous feature for wasting time.
    New UI but same bad features ?

Nieubermesch likes this.
  6. Nieubermesch

Nieubermesch Registered

It wouldn't be S397 if everything was alright ;).

7. Turbolagg88

Turbolagg88 Registered

My own observations of the new UI:

I went from the original "Classic" UI straight to this new one and it was pretty straightforward. Never even got the Launch wizard screen.
    I did notice a few things that might need looking into however.

1.On the setups screen where "wheel load" is located, it's only showing me approx. 10% of the actual load it should be. It's like the last two digits are not showing up.(ie: if the real load on a specific wheel is 730.8 lbs, it only shows 73 lbs.) This occurs on all cars, not just mod cars.
    2. Using the mouse to click on items in the various setup screens is delayed by 1/4 to as much as 1/2 second.
    3. I'm not able to move a specific car setup from one track to another. I'll load up a setup from one track and want to save it into another track but I'm not able to. I click on the new track where I want to save it to but it always reverts back to the previous track. (hope that makes sense)
    4. Lastly, in the "Notes" box within the setup screen where you can type in text and save it for a particular setup, I use this for almost all of my custom setups and it lets you type several lines of text, but the new UI only actually saves approx. 128 characters. Can this please be modified to at least 200-250 characters? The older UI handled this great.

Other than the above and some other issues that people have already mentioned it seems to be a capable UI.

Warlock likes this.
  8. Hmatty

Hmatty Registered

did I miss a place to put comment by setup?

9. Turbolagg88

Turbolagg88 Registered

@Hmatty, when you save a new setup there's a box at the bottom for notes. But only 128 characters worth it seems. The older UI made it easier to type in notes. I actually wish they would go back to that specific method.

Lars likes this.
  10. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

When you save a setup, it changes to a new screen where you can type in a filename for your setup. Below that line is a rectangular box where comments can be entered.

Lars likes this.
  11. DimmG

DimmG Registered

Yeah you are right

12. leigh

leigh Registered

ui is awesome way easier and looks modern this game imo is the best handling of any game bar none and weve been racing 20+ years just need to make it so people can host from in game as its to hard for average joe to work out and more people will play this awesome game

13. Lazza

Lazza Registered

The wizard that allows people to download a smaller selection of content, spending less time downloading? You mean that one?

How often are you reinstalling anyway?

And... the wizard is no longer linked to player.JSON, or UserData. I might need to ask a dev what triggers it.

This reminds me of the almost immediate "what? An extra click to get into the UI? What happened to saving clicks????" when the UI was released. How often are people starting and exiting the game that this is an issue? I started and exited 10 times in 5 mins while testing the 'exaggerate yaw' bug and clicking into the UI didn't even bother me then (and that's 10 extra clicks! My finger!)

14. Johnny Speed

Johnny Speed Registered

People will always find something to bitch about. The new UI is nice, thank you.

15. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

if you ask my thoughts, I'm not hyped with this (new) new UI, as I spend all my time driving and not in the menu...
    I have the feeling we are at the 2017 year, when the (old) new UI was announced.
    I have hoped something bigger about the news.

DaREALMastaD likes this.
  16. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Great step with the new Ui! I do think this is a great start in bringing rF2 into the now instead always being years behind.

Can you add a star or something to show latest release or official content in the car/track selection.

Ricknau and Elcid43 like this.
  17. elbo

elbo Registered

for me at least the VR stutter bug is specifically related to the setup summary page...the others are ok

Lars and MileSeven like this.
  18. Lazza

Lazza Registered

The setup summary page scrolls to the top of the folder list unless you open up one of the folders - any chance opening a folder also stops the VR glitch?

19. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

My first experience with new UI is brilliant. I'd have to spend many more hours to build proper understanding of how god this UI is. I also might discover some imperfections in that time. But today my experience with rF2 flowed beautifully, couldn't have been better, I guess. I even found myself not even thinking at all what I am doing, just thought what I want to do, and I just did it almost subconsciously like if I already knew this UI very well. This UI to me handled like Lancia 037 in control of Walter Rohl. The only issue today to me was slightly lagging tracks and cars selection scrolling, but it didn't cause any problems.

VERY NICE

pkelly likes this.
  20. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Is there a way to remove the writing at the top and make the showroom full screen! Also it seems a little stretched in this resolution. (5760x1080). 20220129102844_1.jpg

Havner likes this.