Targa Florio WIP

Discussion in 'Locations' started by 6e66o, Oct 1, 2012.

1. rob1178

rob1178 Registered

i saw that. and i wont be installing spyware just to get a track from an unconfirmed source

2. Knob

Knob Registered

Agreed. This is a pretty bad convert, nothing special about it.

3. tjc

tjc Registered

Yeh, I thought (knew) that... that`s kinda why I asked.

Good to have it confirmed though.

Pretty sad (IMO) to see it being available to download really...

I guess respect for peoples wishes doesn`t go as far as it used to.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2013
  4. Saabjock

Saabjock Registered

I couldn't agree more.
    Tracks like Targa and Nords really need multiple efforts to get them done right and released in a timely manner.
    What they do not need are egos bigger than the tracks themselves. Guys need to stop bickering and work together.
    As long as any permissions are given and everyone associated with it's original 'construction' gets proper mention, I don't see what the issue is.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2013
  5. Mario Morais

Mario Morais Registered

This kind of tracks needs automation tools to reduce the Working Time dramatically.

6. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

+1
    Less ego, more play.

Who said that the orig modders' permission was not granted? I have seen nothing one way or the other.

7. Tony

Tony Registered

Yea.. simply put but accurate Guy

There is one factor that raises its head these days - we've come to expect more now than we did with rF1, & some conversions are looking a bit dated now in rF2, especially when seen in comparison with Tuttle's, woochoo's & feel3's tracks & the upcoming Symmons Plain by Shaun, & Nords by pleclair ..oh yea & Essington by Mario & Tosch.. & Bahrain by Mandeglor

hope I haven't missed any :eek:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2013
  8. tjc

tjc Registered

Don`t bother waiting till you know permission has been given then will you...

:rolleyes:

Anyway, nikos already quoted Georg`s post saying "I sincerely hope you dont release this conversion."

That not enough of a hint for you?

9. Tony

Tony Registered

Missed that post by Nikos, so stand corrected! ..it'll be all about quality as Georg does like to do things properly

Edit: & kuato :)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2013
  10. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

11. filippu

filippu Registered

Why would you expect more ? on rFactor too there were tracks that were way better than the others. The difference is that the most vocal members here have so ridiculously high expectations that they bash anything that's not on that gold list.

12. Knob

Knob Registered

There's nothing wrong with having standards. What's the point of releasing a conversion if you're not even taking advantage of the new technology?

13. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

No, it's not. I don't see the name "Georg" anywhere among the 22 names listed. Who of the 22 should grant permission to convert the track- which was from rF1 and converted to GTR2 and now to rF2? Should we look for 22 permission emails before anything is done with the track? The situation gets complicated very quickly.

14. tjc

tjc Registered

Well you can be as pedantic as you like and make as many excuses as you need to feel justified in using illegal content.

Why don`t you PM Georg (6e66o... and that`s one person btw) or anybody else on your "list" and actually ask someone who could give you a straight answer then everybody would know...

Btw, the situation wouldn`t be complicated at all if people just didn`t use content that they know perfectly well shouldn`t be used...

But then some people obviously have no morals or thought for the feelings/wishes of others.

Nice...

15. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Really.

This is the original release for GPL
    http://srmz.net/tracks/targa/

After this kuato and 6e66o -that is Georg- and their team asked for permission to convert it for RFactor2 and they got it, as I understand they talked with Ginetto, who is currently an admin at SRMZ.
    They enentually released it for RFactor because the waiting was too long, again with Ginetto's blessings.

What is so complicated about it?

Only thing I see here is great disrespect for an achievement so huge that there will be many years to surpass.

16. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

Is that group going to convert it to rFactor2?

17. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

That is what this thread is all about.

18. Tony

Tony Registered

We should call this thread: Targa Saga :p

19. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

So who of the 22 on the loading screen is doing the conversion and has this person gotten the permission of the other 21? Who of the 22 on the loading screen have to be contacted and permission given for this mod to be considered "legit" by the ISI forums governing body? Apparently there is an existing protocall but I am not able to find any information on it. Some people in this thread appear to be experts so I am asking for help so I can assist the person who converted this to rFactor 2. Do we have a set of rules that we go by?

20. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Im far from an expert and I dont know of any rules, just common sense.

If you want to bypass kuoto and 6e66o wish and release your own version, obvious move is to contact Ginetto at SRMZ site and ask for permission.
    He is one of the major participants of making the original track. You can see his name at the track announcement.

What I would do though, I would try to contact the team that is working atm on Targa at their site
    http://194088.homepagemodules.de/
    and ask their view on this.

An interesting read is this, HistorX did the testing of Targa prior its release for RFactor.
    http://historicgt.fr.yuku.com/topic...lorio-Conversion-Team-working-together?page=1