"Sync" option in Video Setup?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jorgen, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Jorgen

Jorgen Registered

What are you referring to by this? The "Max framerate" player file option? If it is, is it really needed if you have vSync enabled?

2. martymoose

martymoose Registered

Yes thats what I mean, i havent needed to do that in other games before but by setting the max frame rate along with v-sync it smoothed out my rendering. Not sure if its only SLI related but everything i tried in the sync settings, even though the fps was showing a steady 60 it was having some micro stuttering. With this option set its very smooth with no weird stutters and looks a true 60p so maybe with single graphics it may not have an effect but on my sli setup without it set its pretty rough.

At first the only way I could get smooth rendering was.by running in window mode with sync set to video, window mode was running fine on my setup but this must have an effect on performance. I didnt notice it as it was still running fine but others that had tried the window mode method were having a large performance hit. I thought there must be a way to get the same smooth rendering in fullscreen mode and max framerate seems to be the one.

Setting just max framerate without v-sync still had screen tearing and wasnt as smooth, with both it works great for me.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2012
  3. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

I too get some weird things in using 'Software Sync'.
    I get slow motion marshals with flags.
    Slow motion flags on flag poles.
    Plane that flies over Mills track, almost frozen in time.
    Also Helicopter and birds frozen too on MidOhio track. :p

Ok not literary frozen, but you know :p
    [​IMG]