[WIP] SuperCharged Miata Level2 - beta

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by PlickBadger, Jun 25, 2014.

1. PlickBadger

PlickBadger Registered

I'm considering SPCL3, but it might become too hard to drive. My main goal was to match up the SPCL2's with the Clios in order to facilitate RW vs. FWD racing.

I originally had planned to port the power levels over exactly as rF1, but it didn't quite make sense.

The new SPCL2 is in between the old SCL2 and SLC3 with 247 HP

2. PlickBadger

PlickBadger Registered

It's blip the throttle :) Essentially Heel/Toe

3. jrcn50

jrcn50 Registered

"talon/pointe" in French?

4. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

OK finally got a chance for a short test. Excellent. Only one question and for my own education. Is the absence of power on oversteer due to differential? I noticed this in rF1 too.

Edit - Also just finished a test a Neva Ring. Inconclusive, however, since only five cars of 20 finished and only one Clio finished :p

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2014
  5. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

This thing is great Plick, it's so balanced out of the box. Made about 5 laps around Lime Rock no chicanes, and getting around corners is not only fun and exciting, but fairly easy. Set up for the turn in, lift off the gas and when the tail wants to follow around, catch it with the gas again. Perfect.
    Thanks for this.

Just found some more fun. Load up Putnam Park - GP, get a boatload of Miata Level 2 and a boatload of Clio's and hang on.
    Haven't raced yet, it was too much fun just running practice session.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2014
  6. Coanda

Coanda Registered

I have to say this is an excellent mod. Thank you very much! I normally race big HP cars however I really enjoyed myself around LRP. IMO its currently A grade material however it could easily become A++ with a few texture updates to the cockpit etc...

7. jrcn50

jrcn50 Registered

1) I've noticed the AIs used only 5-speed gear box (I've tested that at Indy oval) and when you choose a 6-speed gear box to race, there is some impact on the race isn't?

2) I've done other race-tests with SCL2,Clio, Corsa and it's only on the very fast tracks that the SCL2 are ahead in the race (and often it's tight). On the other tracks, the Clio/Corsa are ahead or slightly behind and there is a match. Yet, with my first remark, what I'm saying is only true with 5-speed SCL2 (I did AI's races) and it's perhaps wrong (slightly?) with 6-speed SCL2...?

3) In a race you can choose to drive a SCL2 against Clio and Corsa (but no other SCL2) and, depending on the track choosen, you can vary the AI's strength to even the chances.

So for me, this confirms that it is better (perhaps?) not to decrease the power of the car.

I'll make other tests driving myself 6-speed SCL2 against Clio/Corsa but the result will depend on my driving skill (lol) and I'm not a fast driver!!:)...that needs other testers!

8. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Makes sense :)

9. Ricklandia

Ricklandia Registered

Brilliant!

10. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Do you mean SC2 is good against default Clio and Corsa?

11. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Did a quick test (on Carolina track) and I was like 7 seconds quicker with Corsa than with SC2... In my hands at least it felt overpowered compared to Miata...maybe we could ask K3nny to do slower version of Corsa. Would be cool to have them 3 racing against each other. Atm I felt that Corsa is more suitable against Civic.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2014
  12. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Wanted to say also that all Miata version are great and 1008 degrees steering feels awesome, thanks :)

13. jrcn50

jrcn50 Registered

Not at all : SC2 is faster than Clio only on very fast tracks (F1 tracks, for instance) but on slow tracks Clio is much better and on intermediate tracks the 2 cars are close and you can have,really, a match.

Corsa is very fast, too fast for SC2 except on very fast tracks : Monza or Ovals (of course).

14. PlickBadger

PlickBadger Registered

I believe I found the issue with my Miata Mods. The following instance name in the .gen file creates the bug

Instance=SUSPENSION

If I change this instance name to something else, everything works perfectly.

I hope this helps in some way. I'll be releasing version 1.2 of all 3 mods soon

15. pkelly

pkelly Registered

Thank you Plick for your curiosity and diligence in sherlocking the issue out in your superb Miatas. Good on ya mate.