Suggestion to deal with settings (high/full details)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by pleclair, Jun 29, 2013.

1. pleclair

pleclair Registered

Ok, I think I'm not alone in this boat... we previously had a computer capable of running rF2 with everything to full, and got used to it... but now with silverstone, have to fiddle with settings, to run the tracks looking at their best...

The track overrides would be nice, but implementing them will add lots of clutter in the UI, and for now, not really needed...

I thought about something that would work even better, and would be easy to do in the next update...

Since High in Silverstone = Full in Lime Rock... we could add a new setting, say Ultra, that would only really work on tracks that supports it (need a small notice somewhere), otherwise it defaults back to Full...

So people with the hardware could play at ultra and enjoy the best in every tracks, and the rest could tone it down to full or high, and not worry or changing for every track...

What do you guys think?

2. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Visually I don't see any difference between full and high setting , so I use always high!

3. pleclair

pleclair Registered

Take a screenshot with both, and you will see... it's very minimal actually, well, at least for the older tracks.. I dunno for silverstone, the difference might be greater...

But when recording a replay, it's nice to run the settings at their best... so if it ever comes down to track overrides, we should also have a replay override, to have replay specific settings.

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Why are you posting this here? You made this exact same post in a thread related to actual attained FPS, this thread is NOT about what people are getting, but options to make it easier to manage different tracks.

*And in response to the OP, the main issue I can see with that idea is that tracks are built with various objects made visible at specific detail levels; to add an extra level for Silverstone (and future tracks/updates) would mean changing the setting for many of those objects. I'm not sure that's feasible given how many objects might need adjusting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2013
  5. coops

coops Banned

is that better

6. Coanda

Coanda Registered

7. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

There's no computer able to run rF2 as it should be (+60FPS with at least 20 cars visible, all maxed and wet conditions). Not even Pixar mainframes are capable to. ISI opted to insist with their dated engine and are trying to compensate with good modelling and texturing and this is making the things worse, capping FPS and stuttering everywhere due the overload of data to manage.

Sad, but true.

8. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Hi, is this your first PC game?