Success Ballast and the new chassis... How to?

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by Slow Motion, Nov 11, 2014.

1. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

Hi guys,
    we know that we can add "success ballast" using the upgrade file, but usually the ballast works on both mass and inertia (of the specific mod) coefficients. Here is an instance:
    HDV=[GENERAL]
    HDV=Mass+=5.0
    HDV=Inertia+=(6.3,8.055,2.01)

We can also add ballast manually: /setmass (kilos) (driver)

BUT now we have the new "chassis" and using similar commands like used in the past (rF1) is no longer the right choice! Did ISI think to a new way for managing the ballast in the right way?In the meantime, I thought we can manage the chassis file adding the ballast to a specific part like the [RigidBody]
    Name="BODY"
    Mass=853.5
    Inertia=(1085.1787874999986,1036.5327562500006,314.77596875000006)
    Position=(0,0,0)
    Orientation=(0,0,0)
    Reortho=25547
    Velocity=(0,0,0)
    Rotation=(0,0,0)
    BUT, how to add the mass and inertia to a specific part? I mean, any other part in the chassis file contains the same words "Mass" and "Inertia".

OR, can we add the ballast to the HDV file like in the past? Yes, I suppose BUT what is the result? I mean the chassis has been generated by the "original" data of a mod, and Mass and Inertia are very important values.
    Have you an idea of what can happen altering them after we have generated the chassis?

Any help will be really appreciated! Many thanks in advance.

2. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

uhhmm after one week I see no answers/explanations.
    I tested a little the ballast with its old coefficients (I mean same of rF1) and it works. BUT "it works" means only that the car "feels" the ballast and, in addition, this result sounds really strange in my mind.

My thought is:
    1. the new chassis, if present into the mod, "moves" the mass and inertia from the "original" ISI position in the car calculated by rF1 to several parts of the car calculated by rF2
    2. I do not find a way to assign the ballast to a specific part of the chassis, that I think to be the best option
    3. what is the meaning to add the ballast in the old way to the mass and inertia of the HDV file, if we are using the chassis to improve and enhance the quality of the mod and its physic?
    4. in other word, the mass and inertia of the HDV file are coefficients used for generating the chassis file, but if we add ballast to the HDV and not to a specific part of the chassis file, how can we prove the correct behavior of the chassis, hdv and ballast??
    5. how different mass and inertia into the HDV file (without the generation of a new chassis file, because they are changed adding ballast to a released mod) can work right in rF2??