SOLVED Steering Rotation

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by TJam11, Mar 26, 2017.

1. TJam11

TJam11 Registered

Hi,

Does anybody know how to set the steering rotation in Rfactor 2?

I'm using a Logitech G29 and it seems to be stuck at 900 degrees. Even when I drive a single seater, I have to turn the wheel 900 just to achieve full lock.

I can't find what I need to adjust, Rfactor 1 was so much easier...

I've set the wheel to 450 degrees in the Logitech profiler but nothing seems to have changed. It's rather frustrating. Does anyone else here know if there is something else I have to do?

Many thanks,

Jam

2. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Check options/controls "vehicle set".
    Then it´s the rotation of given car. At the same place you can set a fixed wheel-rotation if you wish.

nurogize likes this.
  3. TJam11

TJam11 Registered

Many Thanks!

4. TJam11

TJam11 Registered

Hi, sorry but this does not seem to have fixed my problem, only just had chance to try it out.

While altering the above value changes how much the virtual driver turns the wheel visually, I still have to make a full one and a quarter turns of my physical wheel to achieve full lock. The logitech profiler seems to have no effect regardless of what I put in.

I only want to make 3/8ths of a rotation to acheive full lock either side, just like in real race cars.

As it takes 45 minutes of rearranging my tiny room and setting up all the wires every time I want to play this game, it's really rather frustrating on my third attempt I still can't play it properly.

But I shall persevere!! There has to be something else I'm doing wrong...

5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@TJam11 The auto-set rotation may not work properly with Logitech wheels, as far as I know a root cause hasn't been identified yet. It works for some people, not for others.

If you want the wheel to just rotate a certain amount, go into the Logitech profiler and adjust the global device settings.

But, very few, if any, real race cars use 3/8ths each way (ie 270° rotation). This seems to be a common misconception.

6. AceLain

AceLain Registered

But sure to un-check "let allow game to change rotation"

And un check vehicule set

G29 have a problem with driver at the moment...

7. Hans Tesmo

Hans Tesmo Registered

8. TJam11

TJam11 Registered

Hi guys, many thanks for the replies, nice to know I'm not the only one having this issue.

I think I've managed to figure out what's going on.

My Logitech centre automatically created a profile for Rfactor 2 which I had assumed it was using when I booted up the game. I was wrong.

It was defaulting back to the standard profile which explains the reason why my changes in the RF2 profile settings weren't having any effect.

I've now forced the program to read the RF2 profile settings instead and it seems to now correlate with the steering test in controller options that I did.

Thanks for the replies, I've marked this thread as solved and will keep an eye on the updates in the link posted above.

Jam

9. ayrtonforever

ayrtonforever Registered

can you explain how you did it?

10. TheMattyOnline

TheMattyOnline Member

I don't think this is actually a solution.

Indeed, the Logitech software is useless at loading the correct profile, and you have to manually switch it.

But I think you'll find that even if you have the rf2 profile selected, when you swap cars for one with a different rotation, you will still have to go back into the Logitech software and change the rotation there.

I will double check when I get in, but I think you are simply replicating the work around that we are already using.

11. ayrtonforever

ayrtonforever Registered

at the moment the only solution i found is to change the wheel rotation degrees in the logitech software before starting the game...not so much comfortable when you want to try different cars. i'm wondering that in over a year there is no solution for this problem.

EDIT: I have just realized that pressing Alt+tab you can switch to the Logitech software and change the degrees of rotation without going out of RF2, one step forward

Last edited: Dec 15, 2017
  12. Lazza

Lazza Registered

It makes you wonder, when the majority of focus has been on graphics and attracting new users (who seem averse to using plugins or spending time configuring the game through ini files - which isn't a criticism, but the game doesn't yet suit them), and the perhaps most sold line of consumer wheels isn't supported properly.

In hindsight it would have been faster to add a UI option to enter the wheel rotation and have the game implement the soft lock based on the current car itself, rather than relying on the drivers. Probably still at least 6 months, but it's been much longer than that.

Sorry to criticize, but people can't wait forever, even if they aren't the "try it for 5 minutes then request a refund" type.

patchedupdemon likes this.
  13. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

With my t300 if a vehicle has a rotation of 540 I have to manually change it to that by holding two buttons on the wheel base,because rf2 loads my wheel with 360,even though the default is 900.
    T300 has a few rotation settings that can be switched by pressing buttons,180.360.540.900.1080,and rf2 always sets the rotation one setting under the cars stated rotation (vehicle set).
    Not a big deal because of the buttons I can switch settings,but for those that have to alt tab every time it more of a pain.
    but like lazza said,there’s a lot of basic stuff that needs sorting within rf2

14. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I'm surprised the T300 doesn't work right. T500 auto adjusts no problems.

patchedupdemon likes this.