SOLVED IMPORTANT Logitech G29 Wheel Issues

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Hans Tesmo, Jun 2, 2016.

1. Hans Tesmo

Hans Tesmo Registered

Hello @ ISI RF2 DEV'S,
    is it possible to integrate a full logitech G29 support to rFactor 2 ? The Problem with the Logitech G29 wheel is, that it does not apply the specific wheel degree for all different car classes, it always stays at the value you set in the logitech software (for example 900° degree), that means if you want to drive for example a formula one car, you need to tab out everytime of rFactor 2 to change the wheel degree manually to a lower value, other wheel's (for example my old sold logitech driving force gt or a Logitech G27) have that degree feature already included and it applys automaticly the degree for the car you want to drive. It would be nice if you as a developer could integrate a code in rFactor 2 wich allows that the logitech g29 wheel picks automaticly the right degree up for each unique cars, that means please update rFactor 2 to the Newest Wheel SDK, i spoke with a Logitech Dev about this issue he has the same opinon like me.
    Thanks in advance.
    Greetings

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

3. Hans Tesmo

Hans Tesmo Registered

I could explain my fix for the G27 Issue but not for now since i own a G29 and the Dev's didn't replied me on this thread, first i want a reply by a Dev about my issue and my suggestion to update rF2 to the newest Wheel SDK.
    Greetings

4. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

I've passed this on already :) Sorry sometimes we don't answer every thread/post, but I read all and make note of the issues.

5. Hans Tesmo

Hans Tesmo Registered

Thankyou for your answer Dev Christopher ! :D Thats not a problem, but hopefully you will make it fast and fix this annoying issue with the Logitech G29 Wheel since this Issue is not a new one, by updating rFactor 2 to the Newest Wheel SDK which will make the G29 Wheel proper working. When the Issue will be (hopefully) soon fixed i can enjoy rFactor 2 again in his full extent. Please Let the fix happen fast via a game update.
    Thankyou in Advance for any future updates on this Issue,
    Greetings

6. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Good for you.

I recently got my hands on a T500 which feels 3 times better than the Logitech wheels and works flawlessly with changing angles, but that doesn't change the fact that it's an annoying issue that G27 owners would love to fix.

IF you have a fix for it the least you could do is help others, just as you want help yourself here.

Until you do, your post there just looks like some sort of weird attention-seeking exercise.

7. Hans Tesmo

Hans Tesmo Registered

Of course the T500 feels more preciser and better than Logitech Wheels but Thrustmaster Wheels don't have a good lifespan or should i say there are not so reliable. (I owned a T300 by myself and returned it.)

Okay since the Dev care about my thread i will help the others with their G27 Issue.
    Greetings

8. Lazza

Lazza Registered

My point is, the issue doesn't affect me in any way at all, but I'd still like to see a fix for it.

9. Hans Tesmo

Hans Tesmo Registered

Already done

10. Hans Tesmo

Hans Tesmo Registered

After 2 Months of waiting there is still not a new build from the Dev's available which fixes the G29 Issue or should i say there is still not a sign of life by the Dev's about the G29 Issue. What can be so hard to integrate a proper G29 Wheel support to rFactor 2 ? You Dev's only need to download the Newest Logitech Wheel SDK (which includes proper Logitech G29 Wheel Support for the respective game) from the Official Logitech Site and you Dev's also only need to paste / integrate those files into the rFactor 2 Main Code (C++ or whatever Programming Language you Dev's are using). I won't be playing rFactor 2 until this G29 Issue gets fixed, in the present situation rFactor 2 is just not enjoyable with the G29 Wheel and this Issue ruins and breaks the fun.

11. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Hmm... maybe Copernicus was wrong after all.

12. Hans Tesmo

Hans Tesmo Registered

13. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

This has been forwarded on, as soon as I know something new I will let you know :)

14. Hans Tesmo

Hans Tesmo Registered

This is great to hear, thankyou Christopher Dev for the support!

15. GaetanL

GaetanL Registered

I solved the problem about rotation ;)

Go to "...\UserData\Controller\", then edit "Logitech G29 Driving Force Racing Wheel USB.json".
    Find this entry in JSON and change values to :
    "Steer Ratio Speed":0,
    "Steer Ratio Speed#":"Speed at which low speed steering lock override ends (for pit navigation, units are meters\/sec, 0.0 to disable)",
    "Steering Sensitivity":2,
    "Steering Sensitivity#":"0.0=low 1.0=linear 2.0=high. These are applied after other controller effects like deadzones, digital",

Then launch game, in control panel clic "Detect", your G29 parameters are loaded. Set your control. You must chose "Vehicule set" (or "Car set" I'm not sure I've french UI :p
    Then for FFB smoth on 7 is good, minimum torque on 16% is a good value for me ;)

16. Lazza

Lazza Registered

You've either found a very obscure bug or it's coincidence that it worked with those settings. Both of those aren't related to rotation at all, and the second will adversely affect steering response for most people.

17. GaetanL

GaetanL Registered

Possibly, I've better FFB's sensations now :D

Edit : And I saw for a street car like Honda NSX I need to put "1" to Steering Sensitivity for 900° rotation.
    I think it's a way to find the problem between G29 steer ratio and RF2 (for example I've no problem with Assetto corsa)

Last edited: Dec 18, 2016
  18. Hans Tesmo

Hans Tesmo Registered

The Issue with the G29 still exist as of today.
    Sidenote / little consolatory: A Logitech Dev told me months ago that they plan to deliver a driver update for the G29 Wheel sometime in 2017 which will include adjustable FFB effects like the old Logitech Profiler (for DFGT, G25, G27) had.

19. GaetanL

GaetanL Registered

Humm... cool but it's only a part of the problem. With Assetto Corsa, for example, I have no problem. My logitech setup is on 900°. With a road car i'm on this 900° and with a sport car rotation takes right values automatically ;)

20. Hans Tesmo

Hans Tesmo Registered

I also don't have problems with my G29 at Assetto Corsa, For Example Assetto Corsa like you said and PCars got full proper G29 Support (Because AC and PCars Dev's already added the newest Logitech Wheel SDK for their games long time ago which granted proper G29 /G920 Support), these titles changing the wheel degree automatically for each different car you want to drive ingame.. Only games that don't have that proper G29 / G920 support are rFactor 2 and AMS like this whole topic is about, namely to add the newest Logitech Wheel SDK to rFactor 2 which will grant full proper G29 Wheel Support but which unfortunately did not happened as of today.

GaetanL likes this.