#SR4L Sunday Evening #370Z Fun Race

Discussion in 'Online Racing Discussion' started by Fergy, Jan 2, 2013.

1. Fergy

Fergy Registered

2. Lecram

Lecram Registered

Very fun night racing!

But those tirestacks ;)

3. KeiKei

KeiKei Registered

Thanks mate, was lucky to put it together! :) I had so much fun racing tonight at Croft. Very clean and hard racing from everyone. I took some unedited screenshots from the event, enjoy! (click to enlarge)

Lots of participants
    View attachment 5584

Micha making little mistake giving 2nd position to me
    View attachment 5583

Marcel and I braking hard
    View attachment 5582

Marcel and I trying to overtake a driver lap behind. This was my best shot for victory but had to back out to avoid collision
    View attachment 5581

Few corners later Marcel had performed his overtaking and I'm trying to do it at the same "door opening". Guess the guy who got lapped didn't notice I was about to pass him too. We touched little, sorry for that
    View attachment 5580

I'm desperately trying to catch Marcel
    View attachment 5585

Desperate push for victory continues
    View attachment 5586

Hard racing with Marcel
    View attachment 5587

Couldn't overtake Marcel who took the victory with very good driving - followed by me and Micha
    View attachment 5588

Donuts for the victory!
    View attachment 5589

Clearly on top of white line on my fastest lap (1:20,963) so didn't cut there! ;) It looks like I'm going over the white line but actually car is sliding little and that right rear tire never goes out of the line
    View attachment 5590

On fastest lap again - isn't curb part of the white line too? :)
    View attachment 5591

Fastest lap continues. Hmm, maybe few inches wide there... :D
    View attachment 5592

Thanks guys at SR4L for organizing this memorable event!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2013
  4. gorgias1976

gorgias1976 Registered

it looked as if somebody was paid to remove them all in less than a single lap.
    I don't actually like the fact that in this track anyone can cut and gain extra time once you remove tires and poles.

In Qualifying I remember my fastest lap came in a lap where the end of straight poles had just been removed. I then lost my reference for the braking and went wide through the gravel, that mean for a quicker time.

5. gorgias1976

gorgias1976 Registered

keikei, I get invalid atachments.

6. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Awesome evening! Really enjoyed it, thanks guys for organizing this!

Had some great battles with Baked Bean and Joggel in first 2 races. Was lucky to hold them really as they were much faster and I did not manage to put a good set and had issues with brakes.

Unfortunately not so much luck in last race..starting from the back I had to go through some accidents and my car ended up damaged and race was over.

And we had some aliens too! Very fast guys at the front. Well done Kalle :) (PS: your links are not working)

Looking forward for next race :)

Cheers
    B!K3R

1 person likes this.
  7. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

I saw you flying in those tires in race 2, that chicane is deadly with 2 cars trying to squeeze in :p

8. baked bean

baked bean Registered

Dude you defended like a warrior i didnt think i was ever going to get past as you was pretty quick yourself, it was only because you went a bit wide in the hairpin i got past. great racing mate, great racing all, had a blast :) Thanks

9. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Thanks mate. I hate that freken hairpin, was loosing lots of time there.

But strangely enough, I have huge issues with 370Z brakes, can't get a good feeling with them. Maybe it's a setup issue.

You were mush faster but Croft is a difficult place to overtake unless one takes a few risks and make some little pushing :)

10. KeiKei

KeiKei Registered

Re-attached images, should be OK now. There was something strange when I originally uploaded the images. I was able to open them but thumbnails didn't work and also description showed no info (hoovering over with mouse cursor). I guess forum software deleted images automatically as it may have looked to it that images were not used.

11. KeiKei

KeiKei Registered

I think it's kind of attitude thing. I take it as a characteristic of this track. I mean it's not cutting as long as one doesn't go off the track. I believe white lines and curbs define track borders - not tire stacks and poles.

12. Fergy

Fergy Registered

SR4L league rules on cutting. While there not enforced in a public race such as last night in a league race it could result in time penalties.

A driver must keep two wheels on the track at all time, the white line being judged as the track. Croft is a tough place to do this every lap but most made the effort;)

You can check your laps with this guide to see how legal they are or are not, also found in our forum under Rules and Regulations.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. JJStrack

JJStrack Registered

People should try to comply by those rules much more. I think bending the rules like Keikei did there is not just a bit cheeky, it is the beginning of cheating. When you go that wide on one corner, and the curbs suddenly become the white lines, why not do that on all corners. Next race at croft i will just take turn 2 on the right side of the tire stacks and the bumps....there is some asphalt there, so who cares!? and the last hairpin could also be cut 5m earlier...why not!?
    I hope everyone gets my sarcasm!
    If your run wide in the heat of an battle - ok, you do that. But cutting all the corners on purpose to get a faster laptime than someone else is just not the gentleman way. If i accidentaly cut a corner like that in qualifying, i stop pushing my laptime for that lap....for me that lap just doesn't count.
    But it seems there are many, to whom only the number counts, that will be seen by others.

14. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Did he? I think we better check before we accuse :) I'm not saying he did not or did, but I prefer to see images before I talk.

15. Lecram

Lecram Registered

Great screens KeiKei ;) Those last three look like you never were ON track lol

j/k

16. Lecram

Lecram Registered

:rolleyes: ;)

17. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Hehe, OK, I just saw the images now :eek:

18. KeiKei

KeiKei Registered

I know and to be honest I try to make it clean. But when you're at the limit squeezing those last tenths these things happen. Based on SR4L's rules that lap was illegal on all those three places. Sometimes you see slightly different rules and in real life even different stewards judge things differently. For example in F1 there's lots of cases where drivers are allowed to put all four tires out of white line as long as they stay on curb. Also usually by going wide after corner there's not even warnings given. Main thing is that there are clear rules given and a reliable system to do the monitoring. Hopefully ISI is going to implement a comprehensive system for informing drivers and stewards about staying inside the track. For example judging from replay if someone went out of the track is very problematic because car position over the network isn't accurate anymore. So the detection system should be on the client side. Also it's impossible task for race organizers to check every lap for every driver and hence it should be done by the game engine.

Just my 2 cents. :)

19. JJStrack

JJStrack Registered

I joined late on the first race...so had to watch it...watched from his perspective.
    But i accused him of bending the rules and first signs of mild cheating. No wild accusations made. I think now is the right time to speak up against that. Otherwise, if the first signs of cheating won't get frowned upon, it will only develop further. Next time, maybe you only have to be 2m near a white line to get through without someone frowning.
    Maybe someday we will end up at this:
    View attachment 5593
    Tires on the line, didn't touch the red asphalt...going well i guess? :rolleyes:
    View attachment 5594
    Didn't even touch the pole ;)
    View attachment 5595
    Widely accepted line right now
    View attachment 5596
    Classic overtaking move on the inside line :D
    View attachment 5597
    Getting creative with the hairpin ;)
    NOTE: these are pictures of me overexagerating. But maybe not so much in some cases. People do this when they think no one watches them. And i don't like it, and therefore i speak out against that right here. It's nothing personal, and not meant against Keikei - i think he was only on the edge, not yet over it. But we as a league have to make clear, that this is not the way we want our races to be like. It is stated in our league rules (which Bryan posted in shorter version at the top). I think one important passage gets widely ignored: At least TWO wheels have to be at least on top of the white line.

20. JJStrack

JJStrack Registered

Yes, i know these things happen in the heat of the battle. That is not my problem. I just didn't like your way of presenting it in your post...as if it was just a bit cheeky and the way to get the fastest laptime. People will see this and think: "ok, i'll do that on my next race"...then they go a bit wider and people see that again...and the development to my post above begins...
    Again: this is no personal accusation against you. I just had to be the a*'hole that points things out, so that the development doesn't start
    I joined the sr4l league, because the public racing was too dirty for me. Now i see the rules getting bent even in the league and i want to stop that!

1 person likes this.