#SR4L Sunday Evening #370Z Fun Race

Discussion in 'Online Racing Discussion' started by Fergy, Jan 2, 2013.

1. Paul_Ceglia

Paul_Ceglia Registered

That is a very good point JJ ;)

2. Fergy

Fergy Registered

Opinions are always interesting;)

Don't forget JJ last nights race was a fun race to promote SR4L. I lucky enough to watch all of the last race as I was involved in an horrific accident that saw me fall of the earth and got to watch most great action. Croft is one of those tracks where it's possible on quite a few corners to push the boundaries. Keikei is right you do see other interpretations of the rule and that's why I'm always pushing to members to read ours.

Always great to get this stuff out on the table, it makes members aware and is another reason we've built such a good community.

Hope to see guys like Keikei sign up for SR4L, we've already had five or so new members jump on board.

1 person likes this.
  3. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

You're not mate :) You made very good and important points and I agree.

Hopefully, we will all learn from these :)

Cheers

4. KeiKei

KeiKei Registered

Yeah wasn't really trying to be cheeky but I see how people could take it that way. The reason I showed those particular places was to show where that fastest lap came from. I knew it wasn't legal because went completely out (third pic). First two places are more open to interpretation but as now known illegal for SR4L's rules. I was expecting this conversation and put those smileys so that people wouldn't get too serious about the lap. But it's good to have these converstations every now and then. However only really working solution is that the regulation system gets built into game engine itself.

1 person likes this.
  5. JJStrack

JJStrack Registered

Ah, ok! I really misunderstood you at that point. I hope you don't take offense in that...normaly i am quite friendly :)

6. gorgias1976

gorgias1976 Registered

Well, let's take it as it was.... a fun non-league race.
    Everybody took his shortcuts sometime during the event. Undeliberate going wide at turn 1 through the gravel was faster. At turn 3-4 with tyres missing it was easy to come a bit wide accelerating out of turn 2 and cut them. At Turn 8 exit everybody at sometime in the race went off line there.
    I think the combination of car/track made it prone to this cutting.

In my opinion, in league races cutting according to rules should be taking in the way of:
    Qualifying - laptime not valid
    Race:
    - happening occasionally (no further action)
    - Constantly happening (XX seconds penalty at the end of the race)

I think (as in real life) at every event of our league posted in the forum we should talk about this things according to track conditions.

7. KeiKei

KeiKei Registered

You nailed it on those pics! :D I've seen all of those so many times in regular open online races. Actually the second one was very common when Croft came out (since the anti-cutting system didn't work). One guy did it, then others started doing it - including me. After a while I was at pole and got straight ban from admin without any warnings. Few others got bans too. It was pretty hilarious but completely understand the rage of that admin. :)

8. KeiKei

KeiKei Registered

No hard feelings but happy you came out as you did. This is problematic issue and there's lots of possibilities on developers side to improve.

9. KeiKei

KeiKei Registered

Thanks, I would love to but unfortunately can't make it on Sundays 20:00 GMT. Oh well, war doesn't miss one man. :)