Some Car and Track Mods

Discussion in 'Third Party Content' started by redapg, Mar 19, 2023.

1. redapg

redapg Registered

Because i did make some Modifications for Cars and Tracks in the Past, where some of them are linked in Posts of different Threads only, i have made a new small Website, to get them together on one Place.

The Site is linked in my Signature and can be found here: Some Car and Track Mods

If you notice something strange or not working, please report here. :)

Last edited: May 3, 2023
    pascom, 8Ball, sg333 and 17 others like this.
  2. redapg

redapg Registered

Due to the Fact, that Tracks, that don't have DRS Zones defined, have DRS deactivated by default now (INFO), i did remove my no DRS Mods for the Tracks Monza, Spa and Sebring.
    And you can delete them on your Machines too. ;)

3. redapg

redapg Registered

Coming from THIS Post of me, i plan to create such Updates for all S397 GT3 and GTE Cars in the next Weeks.
    It may be a "senseless" Work, because (i at least hope it) S397 will Update these Cars with a more realistic Wiping Area of the Windshields, one Day.
    And my Update Files will only expand the wiped Area, because i can not create new Animations for the Wipers, that matches a bigger wiped Area, because of the Encryption of the DLC.
    And also the Textures that i use will not fit to the Wiper ARCs.
    But you at least should have a better View on the Track, when it's raining. :)

sg333, marmagas, atomed and 7 others like this.
  4. redapg

redapg Registered

I checked all GT3 and GTE Cars and i only found the Aston Martin Vantage GTE and the BMW M6 GT3, that could need a bigger Wiping Area on the Windscreen.
    I did add the Aston Martin Vantage GTE to my Download Site already and will add the BMW too.

Do you think that other GT3 and GTE have to get bigger Wiping Areas on their Windscreens too?
    From my Point of View, all others are OK.

EDIT I also added the Ferrari 488 GT3 and GTE

Last edited: Mar 17, 2024
    marmagas, atomed and Corti like this.
  5. redapg

redapg Registered

Just as an Information:
    I've added Updates, with expanded wiped Areas on the Windscreen, for the Ferrari 488 GT3 and GTE.

Radkappe, philrob and Corti like this.
  6. redapg

redapg Registered

I just noticed, that, if you want to download the "expanded wiped Area" Update for the Ferrari 488 GTE, you've got the one for the GT3.
    It is fixed now.

Corgan and Corti like this.
  7. atomed

atomed Member

Hello Chris, I was wondering if it is possible to update a DLC car to check if the delay of their pitstops is caused by a too high random delay multiplier in the *.hdv file, like here:

FuelTime=(3.0,2.0,1.2,0.7,1.0) // Fuel fill rate (L/s), random delay, nozzle insertion time, nozzle removal time, concurrent fuel filling (0.0=separate, 1.0=concurrent); default=(12.0,2.0,1.0,0.5,1.0)
    TireTime=(15.0,32.0,7.0,1.0) // Time to change two tires, time to change four tires, random delay on any tire, concurrent tire changes (0.0=separate, 1.0=concurrent); default=(5.5,5.5,2.0,1.0)

Do you think it can be done?

8. redapg

redapg Registered

Yes, you can overwrite every HDV Line with a Line in the Upgrades.ini, that is accesible/not encrypted.
    If you want to modify the above Lines for Example, add something like that in the Upgrades.ini and modify the Values:

UpgradeType="Fuel and Tires"
    {
    UpgradeLevel="modified Values"
    {
    Description="overwrites the original HDV Settings"
    HDV=
    HDV=[PITMENU]
    HDV=FuelTime=(3.0,2.0,1.2,0.7,1.0)
    HDV=TireTime=(15.0,32.0,7.0,1.0)
    }

UpgradeLevel="Original Values"
    {
    Description="uses the original HDV Settings"
    }
    }

This is made in that Way, that the AI uses it too (the first Option is the Default).
    If you want them to use the original Values, swap the Options, but you have to select the 2nd Option in the Upgrades Menu then.

DanRZ and atomed like this.
  9. atomed

atomed Member

Thanks!

8Ball likes this.