SLS Safety Car

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jonathan Cecotto, Sep 27, 2013.

1. mac22

mac22 Registered

gupster thanks for the reply but not sure I understand the question- you have attached a vmod file but I have no idea what it is/what it does or where to use it!

I download all mods I use into the rfactor2 packages folder (as .rfcmp files) - then install them in the mod manager in the manage mods menu from the rfactor2 launcher - then in game I select the vehicle and track from the "vehicle" and "track" menus - I have no idea what a vmod is although I can see in game their is also a "series" menu although have never used it either.....

2. Gupster

Gupster Registered

3. Gupster

Gupster Registered

Ok, unzip the vmod and put it in your packages folder.
    Open mod manager and make sure "Mods" is checked at the top.
    Find this file and install it.
    Start game and in the "Series" window the vmod should be shown there. Select it, Choose a car, Choose a track then play.

Know that this does not include any "Third party content" that is to say only ISI built content is included, no addons.
    Hope this makes some kind of sense.

ATTN ISI GUYS!
    This is going to happen to 90% of your customers. Most of the folks are not puter/gaming wizards and creating a file/vmod isn't friendly at all. I agree you should have an option/box guys like Mac can check and be off to the races don't you think?
    Thanks for the great Sim btw ISI!!

4. mac22

mac22 Registered

MJP just re reading your post - I play the game as I described in the above post - not clear from your earlier post (below) what the RFM is and where or what the "allcartracks_10 MAS" file is or where its located? (but I am thinking this needs to be done for each track I play?)

"For offline you could just extract the RFM out of the 'allcarstracks_10' MAS, change the safety car line as in DJC's post, then put it back in the MAS. "

5. mac22

mac22 Registered

Gupster thanks for your post just re read it and its becoming a bit clearer!
    Just checking are you suggesting using your initial vmod file you posted in the earlier post as a tester?
    If I understand you correctly I need to deal with the vmod file as I would a standard .rfcmp files - install it in mod manager then I go to the "series" in game menu and load it up - then I can select a vehicle and track from the other in game menus next to the series menu (ISI created content only if I use your vmod) and the SLS should be used as the safety when I do a single player race? - hope my understanding is correct?
    Some further noob questions
    1)how do I know the SLS is selected (guess it appears at the end of the pit lane?)
    2)what is a vmod and how is it different from a standard .rfcmp file and what exactly is it loading when I select it in series?
    3)How to I go to my original set up (before I had your vmod's loaded)

6. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

Best advice is just try it and see.
    If you want to see the pace car in action you can set in the options start type to 'Rolling'. When you start the race the pace car should be leading the field for 1 lap.

7. Gupster

Gupster Registered

DJ is right to say try it heh.

8. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

It's inexcusable that we have to go through these hoops to use the SLS Safety Vehicle. ISI is clueless about what we want.

9. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Well, a quick rfm edit for offline usage (allcarsandtracks) is really not sooo bad.

10. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

Looks like someone was having a bad day. :p

11. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Wow--all of this and what is needed is a very simple selection in the UI to manually pick which (of what could be half a dozen or more eventually) pace car you want. Series and mods and online are all free to impose whatever they want via these methods described above, but the simple single player should not have to touch anything outside the basic UI assuming both pace cars were already installed via Mod Manager. I'm waiting for the UI update...

12. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Sorry for hijacking this old thread...but I`m sticking on a strange problem. I installed a rfmod including the sls safety car. The default.rfm is edited with SafetyCar = SLSSafetyCar01.veh. The SLS SafetyCar doesn`t appears in the server vehicle list. When I`m starting the server and join the server, the Safety Car appears very strange:

View attachment 13846

Any ideas?

13. canastos

canastos Registered

It's a bug present since last two builds; a server restart (or two :p) could help

byyyyyyyye