SOLVED Slower loading times

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by fsuarez79, Sep 5, 2018.

1. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Registered

After clicking the race button to join any type of session, my game would change pretty much instantly into the loading track screen.
    A few days ago my wheel got accidently disconnected from the power supply while in the middle of a race.
    Ever since then, after clicking the race button, it will always take between 30secs to 1min for the loading screen to appear for any track. Loading replays are also taking a considerable amount of time since then.
    I don't think it's a coincidence. Any idea on what might have happened and if there's a way to solve it?

2. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

fsuarez79 likes this.
  3. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Registered

4. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

As well as the player.json possibly being the problem as @The Iron Wolf linked to, I would be looking at the controller.json and also your saved controller.json (seeing as the controller discoed) if you have no luck with the player.json

While we're talking load times, it helps keep loading times down if you keep the number of installed mods and tracks minimal.
    With workshop content, before unsubscribing, you can always make a copy of the rfcmp file that Steam downloads.
    If you need it later and it hasnt been updated in the Workshop just put the rfcmp in the Packages folder and install via the Launcher.

fsuarez79 likes this.
  5. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Registered

@The Iron Wolf
    Your suggestion fixed it!! :) Would've never guessed it. Thanks a lot

@ADSTA
    Yeah, thanks. I can live with the initial loading times of verifying workshop content and stuff, it was more about solving this issue when going to race and the Game version on player.json fixed it.

Cheers

ADSTA and The Iron Wolf like this.
  6. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

@Marcel Offermans :) Problem is still present.