SIMUCUBE 2 kerbs, bumps, or deformations in the track feel way too strong

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by fasttuning, Dec 31, 2019.

Tags:
  1. vava74

vava74 Registered

Aren't there lines the controller.json specifically for certain effects?

2. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

I have cancelled my fanatec order for a simucube 2 pro, I will give you my settings when my rig will be ready, I know many friends with a simucube 2 and they don't struggle with the settings...
    I prefer using 100% in Truedrive panel, and 30% in game...but it's most of time 12% -15% range.
    And try the official Granite forum you will find many settings...and adjust for your taste.
    I like the way I can have a different FFB per car, it's so professional, and you can save each profile for each car.

https://community.granitedevices.com/t/rfactor-2-and-simucube-2/2975/726
    you have 717 answers since 2019, I'm pretty sure you will find some good settings.

edit : you are there already, did you read all the posts ? did you try all the profiles ?
    help.jpg

Last edited: May 25, 2022
  3. Mitch9

Mitch9 Registered

Yes, for the legacy canned effects that were used back in rf1 and some rf2 tracks. But any 3d modelled kerb will make the car shake because of the geometry anyways.

vava74 likes this.
  4. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

Friction / Damping can help tame harshness in rF2 FFB.

5. MileSeven

MileSeven Registered

Hang in a sec - I’ve skim read the replies above and all seem to be dancing around the true drive or in game settings…

I’ve had an SC2 Pro for 18 months or so and had the same kind of issues with kerbs and impacts - you need to play with your mycontrollername.JSON file in the Controllers folder - I’ll try to post my settings later. There are specific settings that can manipulate these forces/effects and that are only accessible through the JSON…