Simracing mini survey

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Golanv, Jun 14, 2015.

1. Ken Barlow

Ken Barlow Registered

im still waiting for the VW Scirocco to be released in early 2009!!

2. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

1. Just pump out all sorts of high quality, super flashy, over blown, over dramatic videos. Like I mean really pump them out. It's not about how good or bad a product is, it's about marketing/advertising and general public awareness. If you keep shoving "shiney," glittery movies down people's throats - all day, everyday - without giving them a chance to breath then people will buy.

Constantly pumping out preview pics, all sorts of fancy videos, news articles, etc. etc. etc. Just don't give anyone a single chance to even not think about rFactor 2

2. Give every feature, or upcoming improvement/update, some over-dramatic marketing name and then also shove that name down everyone's throats by way of the previous paragraph. E.g. Seta-tyre model! New Tyre Model Version 6 million! 4WD Dream Pack! Legends of Honor car & track Pack! Water Droplet's v2.0! Moveable Cones!!! 75,000 Post-Processing modes including "Gamer," "Movie," "Court-Drama-That-My-Mom-Loves-Made-for-TV Movie," "What-TVs-Looked-Like-in-April-of-1976 TV," "Living/Viewing-Life-Through-a-Camera-Lense (pretty-much 99% of the PP modes)."

3. Over-explain all your build update notes into something that sounds as if you just made absolutely tremendous updates that have finally transformed the product into gold, and that make the game sound so complex/deep with all sorts of fancy terms, numbers and physics/programming jargon (ahem, Pcars) which almost subconsciously makes the build-notes themselves another piece of the over-hyping, misleading, over-blown marketing/advertising pie.

There, now watch the sales surge, and constantly. Don't give anyone a chance to breath, keep the RF2 "war machine" running non-stop until everyone knows about it (RF2) which eventually leads a ton of people to having to finally try/buy it.

Not my style, nor it seems ISI's or most humble, grounded people's but that's the only way. 99% of people just believe/like/dislike what they're told to and what's constantly shoved down their throats all the time until they don't even realize they're even being manipulated and brainwashed. Heck, have you seen the ridiculous crap of mainstream media (MSNBC, CNN, NBC, "Faux" News, etc.)?? 99% propaganda, full of fear-mongering, insane bias - it's pure totalitarian-&-fascist-reeking evilness. Anyways, I'm going off on a tangent here. The point is to over-blow, over-hype and do it constantly while hardly giving people time to breath and the masses will follow/believe/buy-into-it.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2015
  3. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Hooray for a bunch of posts driven by fanboyism, full of hyperbole and sentences that instantly dismiss points of view.

4. Kristoff Rand

Kristoff Rand Registered

Spinelli I read that whole diatribe in the voice of Dennis Leary...

5. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Spinelli you are wrong. Just need more hot chicks.

Intel and Race Department know how it's done...

6. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Hahahahahaahha funny guys :)

I think RF2 honestly fared well. Remember, AC and PCars, not to mention the new Dirt Rally - which isn't even a sim and shouldn't even be in the same category as stuff like rFactor 2, Live For Speed, Netkar Pro, Richard Burns Rally, etc. - are much more "mainstream" games than RF2. Much more promotion, ads, marketing, hype, "shiney" game-y features for graphics whores (that's what sells, don't forget, people are sadly mostly driven by looks, not just in games but almost everything in life), was/is done with those games than has been done with RF2. Same with iRacing; they plaster there name all over real-life racecars, have events, have videos of drivers talking about it, etc. etc. and many people really fall for that stuff as I mentioned in my post above, especially - it seems - from certain parts/countries of the world. That's why I'm actually surprised how well rFactor 2 did, and even more surprised at how well it did in the "what will you most likely try/buy next" thread.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2015
  7. stonec

stonec Registered

It faired well among us hardcore sim racers no doubt. It would be interesting to know sales figures though. I would be surprised if rF2 has sold a third of copies that rF1 did, because rF1 was so much more featured everywhere (just my perception). Still many racers are using rF1, even a current F1 driver recently asked me through another contact with help on installing rF1. There are definitely a lot of rF1 users that haven't got into rF2 yet, for reason or another. ISI is quite active on social media and YouTube etc, it's not about that, I don't think you need to have camera in every dev's bedroom :). Some deeper look into technology behind rF2 would be interesting though.

8. David Wright

David Wright Registered

People who have bought and love rF2 are not really the best people to understand why others don't feel the same way. But sadly they seem to think they are.

9. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Just make this the default background. Done.

[​IMG]

10. deak1944

deak1944 Guest

I love rFactor 2 and think you are correct.

11. Kristoff Rand

Kristoff Rand Registered

I find that rFactor 2 lovers tend to be very demanding of variety and precision in their sims, they've been racing for many years normally, they know all the sims, they know their strengths and weaknesses... I'd say they are the perfect demographic to ask about sim racing and rFactor. If you race Need for Speed or some other arcade game and think you have an informed opinion about sim racing, well... I say... lolz...

12. WSVR

WSVR Registered

We ran a small similar poll recently on our league community Facebook page and on various sim racing groups and pages. Although the response was small by comparison, number of people actively using rFactor 2 was 46.2% over AC and R3E, both on 30.8%

I do think there is more that can be done to engage RF2 in the sim community. The product has the quality but competitors seem get better engagement in the community. ISI facebook feeds are much more active than AC yet AC gets far more likes/shares...if that kind of thing is important to you ;)