Simmunity pre-alpha testing + offline championship discussion

Discussion in 'Online Racing Discussion' started by P.S.R., Jan 22, 2015.

1. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Can you two reproduce the problem and confirm the following two lines are correct in ALL_TRACKS_AND_CARS_10.cch BEFORE launching rF2 and seeing the INCORRECT vehicle selected?

SinglePlayerVehicle="C:\Users\rf2sucks\Documents\rFactor2\Installed\Vehicles\HG4_car\1.1\HG4_37.VEH"
    SinglePlayerFilter="Howston_G4_MkIIIB_69"

2. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

You are correct. The program does not extract or change those two lines. Regarding backup I believe that can be accomplished by running the Collect tool, renaming the .zip file and runing Apply to restore?

3. matf1

matf1 Registered

I had mistakenly thought those were what determined the current car, I can see now after a bit of testing this morning.
    It seems to me, that the CCH file is being written to but the path listed in the scene section of the player extract is being used instead of my path.
    This path appears to be the track modders path ;)

Regarding the backup, no I don't think that's sufficient. If you are writing to any files on a system, you have to make it foolproof imo. Simply make a copy of the file before it's written to *.bak or whatever... Unless you are not writing to any files?

4. matf1

matf1 Registered

I know it's early and I'm not sure how much you want to invest on polish at the stage. I would like the tool to be more transparent with what file it is saving and what file it is reading from.
    I'm guessing (not tested yet) it saves and reads the same filepath/name?

I might be confused with how some of the application works, like the folder that is created is only temporary? Could it be deleted after the files are packaged?

5. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

I think i know what it is. Stand by...

6. matf1

matf1 Registered

See PM. Its not the track modders path. Just had to many test files confusing the situation.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

7. Rapala

Rapala Registered

Ok I see the problem. After running those 2 lines look like this:

SinglePlayerVehicle="C:\Users\rf2sucks\Documents\rFactor2\Installed\Vehicles\ISI_Renault_ClioCup_2010\1.51\CLIO_12.VEH"
    SinglePlayerFilter="Clio_Cup"

But because my mods are not installed in your location, it reverts back to the previous car. Seems easy enough to fix by having the tool ask the user for the mod directory before processing.

8. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen Registered

I like this idea a lot!!!

I wonder if it's possible to download a complete championship:

For example the FR3.5 2014 at 5 tracks (a Vmod and your zip file!!!)
    So you can do a complete FR3.5 2014 championship with the same conditions as other players, compare the results and get points..

Keep up the good work !!!

9. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

You are both correct and this is a bug. The design was to update these paths before copying to your PC. Stay tuned...

10. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Yes it is! See ==> http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.p...hip-discussion?p=339552&viewfull=1#post339552

Edit - Correction...I believe what you are saying is possible now (once I fix the bug mentioned above with the .zip file).

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2015
  11. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

I just did your Clios at Hock short race (result now uploaded).
    I found your app is also changing my spotter audio settings. I normally leave them off, jumped when the spotter shouted my lap time at full volume, damm you lol :D

Think you need a better name than 'tracks' for the .exe?

Also.. How about, instead of the file extension of .zip for the profile files. How about naming it something else, then we can windows Associate the program to the file extension. Meaning we can 1 click direct from a web browser.
    cheers

12. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

I have a small request for your website PSR :D,

Under 'Solo AI Championships'.
    In my Clio championship I've done 3 races. I made mistake on 2 of the races as I added too many AI cars that the Clio mod has. As you know rfactor auto-generates AI car names of cars for the rest and are just random from race to race.
    In my championship I now have a few cars that have not done the same number of races as me. I see you have got round this by adding a 'Adjusted Points' column. I don't like this, as a AI car in my example is in 2nd place, but he only did 1 of the 3 races.

My idea, I would like a button to filter out all cars that have not ran same number of races as you (or a delete button). When you have the cars filtered, you can then get rid of the 'AdjustedPoints' column as it's no longer needed.

See example below of my championship. The filter out button would filter out the cars I highlighted yellow.

[​IMG]

DJC

13. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

New version of automated race configuration tool to hopefully fix path issues (the spotter and units mph vs kph will need to be in next version after this one is stable). Please test and advise. Thanks. Also sorry for not being very responsive over the last several days I am in the midst of a bad system implementation in my day job and will continue to be over the next several days but will try to respond to all your posts and IMs ASAP...

https://www.mediafire.com/?ic4mc23g1471j2e

14. matf1

matf1 Registered

I think pathing may be ok now but I've hit another snag.

The following was found after starting with a clean slate, collecting a session, changing it, then applying it back.
    Failed to read file, not a valid json

The Scene in json extract:
    "SCENE":{
    "AI Database File":"C:\\Games\\ISI\\MatsData\\Installed\\Locations\\Nordschleife2\\2.01\\NORDSCHLEIFE2_24HOUR.AIW",
    "Options Component":"rFactor2 UI",
    "Options Dir":"C:\\Games\\ISI\\rFactor2\\Core\\UIData\\",
    "Options File":"UI.OSC",
    "Options Version":"1.0f",
    "Scene Description":"NORDSCHLEIFE2_24HOUR",
    "Scene File":"C:\\Games\\ISI\\MatsData\\Installed\\Locations\\Nordschleife2\\2.01\\NORDSCHLEIFE2_24HOUR.SCN",
    "Scene Signature":"0778708667eadd162e587967d81deaf57c95456f4ba6c11df919759b17c63177"
    },

The Scene applied to json

"AI Database File":"C:\\Games\\ISI\\MatsData\\UserData\\playerrFactor2 "Options Component":"rFactor2 UI",

"Scene File":"C:\\Games\\ISI\\MatsData\\UserData\\playerrFactor2 "Scene Signature":"0778708667eadd162e587967d81deaf57c95456f4ba6c11df919759b17c63177"

},

It then created a new json file. This is the scenario I was thinking of when suggesting a backup system. The new file(or modified) has pulled a bunch of info from the old one but not everything, the sound settings being some of it.

15. matf1

matf1 Registered

Hmm, see that space in locations, that is not visible in editor, nor in json.

View attachment 15812
    Here's the file for testing.
    Also, no stress about time mate, RL first unfortunately ;)

16. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Many thanks for testing, Matt, especially since I am working with my programmer as we speak so is very helpful to get feedback quickly...

Regarding the scene file issue I am not getting the same result. If you can reproduce would you please send me player.json before, .zip and player.json after?

Regarding not pulling everything you are correct and that is by design because I only wanted to pull data that is specific to the race config not player specific settings like sound.

I see that space in "Locations" but cannot reproduce it. Can you? Let me try here...

"AI Database File":"C:\\Games\\ISI\\MatsData\\Installed\\Locations\\Nordschleife2\\2.01\\NORDSCHLEIFE2_24HOUR.AIW",
    "Options Component":"rFactor2 UI",
    "Scene File":"C:\\Games\\ISI\\MatsData\\Installed\\Locations\\Nordschleife2\\2.01\\NORDSCHLEIFE2_24HOUR.SCN",
    "Scene Signature":"0778708667eadd162e587967d81deaf57c95456f4ba6c11df919759b17c63177"
    },

Edit - Yep there is is ;) Lemme pull it into a few editors to see if there is a hidden character so I can explain to my programmer...

Edit #2 - Weird I opened in MS Word and Notepadd++ and still nothing there...

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2015
  17. matf1

matf1 Registered

Here, I've started from scratch and each step is in a numbered folder.
    View attachment 15813

*I couldn't see it anywhere either, apart from pasting in this forum.
    Don't waste time on it unless it can be replicated easily.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2015
  18. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Hey Matt. Many thanks for this. I have been able to reproduce the same problems using the same files so very helpful so I can re-test when get code fixes. Two questions for you. Did you "Collect" and "Apply" to the same directory? If so what was that directory (i did not see a config.txt file in your .zip file which is where the paths are stored)? And if they were different directories then what was the directory for "Collect" and what was the directory for "Apply" (if you remember, no need for additional effort but I did notice some very weirdness in your "after" files such as....

"SinglePlayerVehicle="C:\Games\ISI\MatsData\UserData\playerrFactor2SinglePlayerFilter="F2_2012"

... so would help to interpret if I knew what it should have been.

Regardless, I know the paths I used and was able to reproduce problem so I should be good but if you remember then may help ensure I nail the issue but no biggie (provided you help me test next version ;))

Thanks again, man! :D

19. matf1

matf1 Registered

I knew I'd miss one. Never mind that it was a small hand edit as I didn't want to start from scratch :)

Path has been set once only c:\games\isi\....

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

20. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Ten four thanks