Simmunity pre-alpha testing + offline championship discussion

Discussion in 'Online Racing Discussion' started by P.S.R., Jan 22, 2015.

1. Rapala

Rapala Registered

Just had a really great race with a grid of 29 AI, seems like the way to go if your cpu can handle it as it fills up the spaces a 15 ai grid has. Managed to surprise myself with 2:17.8. :) Whats your best time so far Matt?

Something that has come up is that I haven't gotten bored racing this track quite a few times now. I was thinking perhaps the championship can be comprised of racing each track twice. How often do you finish a race saying to yourself 'I know I can do better, lets do that again?' Would this be difficult to implement Kevin?

2. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Automatically? Yes, would be very difficult since the combo is the basis for points calculation.

A possible workaround could be to somehow use both the Interactive Offline Championship (which uses the first result uploaded/added) and Rank (which uses the last result uploaded/added) and manually combine results, post to your League/Private Racing thread (or website if you have one), etc. or some such...

3. Emery

Emery Registered

If each AI team uses different setups, then the field will spread out more. I think I could do multiple setups in rF1, but not sure if it is possible in rF2, especially if the MAS is encrypted.

4. Rapala

Rapala Registered

Right, best we leave at as idea for now then I guess.

5. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Yeah. And the cool thing is the out-of-the-box Rank function allows you to "do better" and also make it count. Matt has no idea the wrath that I'm about to unleash on his BT20 results in Rank, especially after beating me by less than a second at Silverstone that bastard :p

6. matf1

matf1 Registered

2:16.4 mate, there is a link to simresults under the video for analysis.

Mwwuuhhhaaaaahhhhhaaaa!
    I must be getting slower in my old age, how'd you get so close, lol.

7. Rapala

Rapala Registered

OMG, Alien!

8. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

ROFL

9. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

Following the tutorial steps right now.

10. Lenniepen

Lenniepen Registered

Hi, are there any problems with the site? I can only see 'Upload', 'Session Summary' and 'Logout'.
    I started using it for an offline championship with AI, which seems to work great!

11. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

I actually took it offline because there was a bug with it and no one was using. I will fix it and get back with you...

12. Lenniepen

Lenniepen Registered

I don't understand why no one is using it for offline championships, or is there an alternative?
    You shouldn't keep it running for just me :p. Is there a way to use this tool (the offline AI championship part) without use of the website?

Thanks in advance.

13. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

There is a rF1 tool floating about. Don't recall the name but a forum search might dig it up or I'm sure someone can tell you where to find it. Others use paper or spreadsheets.