Silverstone v1.01 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Jun 28, 2013.

1. Tony

Tony Registered

Want to add my 2 cents/1 penny to Silverstone comments:

Love it, superb modelling of a fantastic track - my local, 1hr away in a car - congrats to ISI

Niggly bits: jaggies here more than other ISI tracks? ..and hope it can be optimised a bit more than now - as Estoril is a great looking ISI track that's easier on the frames

Still love Silverstone though - thanks ISI :D

2. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Right, finally got a chance to try out Silvers, 1st impressions:

1) yep it's a damn right awesomely created track, huge credit to whomever made it, attention to detail is stunning. Easily set a new bar in terms of track creation for ISI tracks at least, although saying that Mills still looks great to me.
    I do get more of a Pinkish colour with the curbs as has been mentioned, may need to fiddle with my GPU and/or monitor colour settings though as not touched them in....ages!

2) Performance; after all the bitching & moaning I was expecting to be disappointed but after sticking with the same settings (not lowering anything) I was pleasantly surprised that a field of 16 AI never went below 39fps on the pit straight...I was expecting much lower than that. Other parts it got into the 80s, sure I can lower the texture detail a notch and yeah maybe a bit more optimising where applicable but overall I'm pleased. (overclocked HD7850)

3) AI are mighty impressive from the first few laps of racing.

4) My tires did not explode!

uumm yeah that's it, great looking track, perfomance hit nowhere near as bad as expected. Two Thumbs Fresh - Score: 9/10

3. CosmiC10R

CosmiC10R Registered

Top of last page, Hedlunds tip of setting garage detail to 0.1 will help with that pit straight as well if you havent tried setting it in the player file... with 50k people in the stand it might be nice to be able to reduce that as well in the track specific setting... even if it was just a config.ini that could be tweaked it may help those that are not getting good performance

4. BlaringFiddle5

BlaringFiddle5 Registered

messed with silverstone extensively this morning - great fun! Good track! Well done!

5. MarcG

MarcG Registered

yeah saw that and checked out the PLR just now:
    Garage Detail="0.60000" // LOD multiplier when vehicle is in garage (0.01-1.00)

to me that does'nt mean on track but I'll give it a try and see what happens, thanks for the reminder!

6. MarcG

MarcG Registered

yep confirmed no difference for me at all.

7. CosmiC10R

CosmiC10R Registered

lame... that should help... this is what drives me nuts about pc.... not everything works the same for everyone... I notice the LOD diff a bit... I set this awhile back so my reference is a little off...

I wonder if this a player car only setting... I would think that as you run down the main straight ... the game is rendering all the cars in full detail as you come close enough to render the high detail car model... I'll test it a bit too and see if i can get a difference on my setup

8. MarcG

MarcG Registered

maybe the "when vehicle is in garage" refers to others when racing online? dunno, I'll have another play another time.

9. Thor

Thor Registered

:confused: After many tests. The running game with everything max. When the 30/40 fps. After disconnecting many things. I discover. What weighs on Silvestone is ... First the Enviromente Reflection (put on OFF). According FXAA (put on OFF) and Third Antialiassing (Use the Maximum 2x). Now turning to the Silvestone 60 FPS. When oscillates to 50 FPS. :eek: Hope this helps! Google Translator!

My PC:
    CPU: Intel Core i7-2600k @ 3.4 Ghz
    Motherboard: Asus P8Z68-V Pro
    Memory: Corsair 16GB DDR3 1600 MHz
    Vídeo: XFX Radeon HD 6970 2GB

10. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

@MarcG
    If you tested that with no other cars then obviously, you won't notice any difference ;-)
    That setting will have an influence when there are other cars in garages - AI or other players.

11. deBorgo83

deBorgo83 Registered

I also finally got to try Silverstone today. So impressed, I've been there loads of times and the feeling of "being there" is superb. So much detail, great atmosphere. Amazing work. Thanks and kudos, ISI.
    I adjusted my gfx options as suggested by various posters (thx guys) as my normal settings were impossible. Reducing circuit/texture detail to high seemed to be most important. Lowest fps i saw was 55 in pit lane, easily sitting on my cap of 60 everywhere else and very smooth. This was with no AIs so I may need to do more tweaking when I try to run a race.
    Oh, and I used a lot of the green space beyond the kerbs and never saw any disintegrating astroturf at all! :p

12. kaptainkremmen

kaptainkremmen Registered

It stops it rendering parked cars fully. ie when you drive past the pits it doesn't try to render all the waiting AIs in the garage.

13. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Yes silverstone is a top track now, I like the clean straight forward look, I hope this is the way future tracks will be done,

I spent a few hours with it earlier (can't drive it yet as sim stuff etc not setup)
    I always have track details set to medium, lowest fps with 18 AI's in front on grid is 63fps, so performance is fine for me

Looking forward to actually driving it!

14. MarcG

MarcG Registered

yeah gathered that after I had a quick look, did'nt have much time earlier so did'nt test thoroughly. I still get a drop off on the pit straight regardless of other cars or not anyway so will lower textures by one click anyway then have a fiddle with the garage detail if need be.

15. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

Then that's a very good performance tweak. Going to give it a try now.

Agreed. It would be great to see the older tracks like Sepang and Estoril given some better textures and sharper details.

16. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

I really can't complain about performance in this track considering that I run 3monitors!
    I have everything in high expect:
    opponents cars-medium
    Shadows-low(fast)
    environment reflections-low(road reflections-high)
    AA-3
    So I have car, circuite, textures, road reflections on high, special effects-high
    HDR-ON
    Sun occlusion-ON
    mirrors-ON during the race and OFF in practice and qualification!
    FXAA-Off and never used it!
    With 5760*1080, yesterday with 25cars, I have 30fps at the start of the race and 45-55fps after the first lap!
    I think that having opponets car in medium helps me a lot, because having 25cars with full detail would kill my performance!

17. nosslrac

nosslrac Registered

Great track! I used to hate Silverstone(old layout) but after playing this, I love it.
    I have the graphics on the maximum possible (in game), level eight anti aliasing and 1768x992 resolution.
    I had some FPS-drops at first but after re-installing the game it now works perfectly so it must have been something else bugging down my PC. Now I can run with 29 opponents in any weather without stutters or (obvious) FPS-drops.

Edit: PC Specs:
    MSI B75MA-P45
    Intel i5 3570K @ 3.4GHz
    Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz 8GB
    MSI GeForce GTX 660 2GB
    Intel® SSD 330 Series 120GB
    Windows 8 Nordic 64 bit

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2013
  18. François Bessard

François Bessard Registered

19. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Sorry if it's been dealt with already, but am I the only one who doesn't see pit stands and crew in the pit lane? Are the poor FPS everyone is reporting BEFORE we have those graphics added-in (that are at Malaysia, e.g.)? All settings maxed.

20. François Bessard

François Bessard Registered

Be patient, ISI will fix bugs in a short time