Silverstone v1.01 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Jun 28, 2013.

1. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

I don't know, why Ati lacks so much in ISI engine but there must be a valid reason for that. I remember few years back, Ati decided to go more towards shader computing rather than geometry (nVidia was more towards geometry). Maybe that is still the main reason? I mean, I have a single GTX 580... which now gets beaten by GTX 670 so I consider mine as mid or mid-high class card and with no OC at all, full details with reasonable AA level, I get smooth gameplay with at least 60 fps.
    GTX 780 is ca. 70% faster than my card so 100+ fps with the same settings is what can be expected, I think. As you can see, with high end PC parts you get great performance in rF 2... as long as it's with nVidia GFX.

EDIT:
    I went through older tracks yesterday and I must say, Mills still looks very, very good compared to Silverstone. I think models and textures on most ISI tracks are very good but the graphics engine doesn't calculate stuff as should and that's why it doesn't look as good as it could.

2. FONismo

FONismo Registered

Exactly!

3. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

Agree about Portimao. One of the finest tracks built in recent years.

4. FONismo

FONismo Registered

Most sims over the years have always for whatever reason run better with nVidia. I remember back when i had my 4870x2 and then switched to a GTX470 how much of a boost i got in smoothness and just general utilization. 4870x2 is the only AMD i have owned so unsure of how the newer cards perform with sims. At the time the 4870x2 was a killer card of that gen for the money. Since then i have been strictly nVidia

5. tjc

tjc Registered

nVidia all the way here too, always have been nVidia.

I really do need to upgrade though as only on a GTX470 atm and although it`s a really good card, I`m needing more pc grunt in general...

6. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Registered

The only quibble I have is to see more reflective glass on the main stadium :)

7. mr71mb0

mr71mb0 Registered

Doesn't load for me. Gets to 80% on the loading screen and never goes further. I have to force close the app. :-(

UPDATED: Ah didn't see there was a v240 update. Downloading now....

8. feels3

feels3 Member Staff Member

Are you sure that you have proper TV setup?

I took those photos of my TV a while ago during Porsche Cup.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Luc Van Camp

Luc Van Camp Track Team Staff Member

Yeah, it looked a lot better on TV this morning than what I saw during F1 practice yesterday.

10. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Yes, I had to go to scaling options and set overscan to fit the image to screen, but this is only working with highest resolution... For lower resolution the black frames are back, and I've tried enable gpu scaling and stuff already... strange.

11. pleclair

pleclair Registered

I was thinking the same yesterday! The F3 is also very nice to drive there as well! I tuned mine to handle much like the skippy, with the tail getting looser as I lift off the throttle. Handles really nice too!

12. pleclair

pleclair Registered

You are right, I wanted to post an update yesterday, I switched off MSAA and enabled 4x AA instead of 2x... got a little less jaggies :)

I'm not a dev btw, I was just reporting what worked good for me :) Not the ultimate, and only solution :)

13. pleclair

pleclair Registered

Yes, indeed, performance is better by setting AA thru Nvidia or ATI CP than using it from the game.. it's not a 100% boost, but it's not negligible.

14. pleclair

pleclair Registered

I was going to reply about the same to that same post :)

Mills and Lime Rock Park are both amazing tracks, visually, and track flow wise... Silverstone might be a notch above, but it certainly doesnt render the older tracks obsolete :)

To those complaining about rf2 graphics, stop playing at noon! Start your session at different time, and put the time scale to 10x... you will see a lot more changing skies... makes a lot of difference thru your session!

Try to start the day at 5:30 am, 4:00pm and so on :)

15. Marek Lesniak

Good to know there are more people with similar thoughts :)

By the way, does time scale work for you in Build 240? I tried it and it doesn't work at all - time goes at normal rate. Tried with 60x and 30x.

16. Robert Gödicke

Robert Gödicke Registered

Visually wise Silverstone is awesome, cockpit view in closed cars is still too bright though (because of HDR), but already very, very immersive.

The only downside: My old PC will only manage some very choppy 20fps at max detail when I'm alone on the track. Time to get an upgrade soon, but nevertheless I think rFactor 2's renderer needs to be optimised one day.

17. MJP

MJP Registered

Time scale seems to work as expected for me.

18. Marek Lesniak

Thanks but just to be sure - if you set time scale to x60, local time also goes at accelerated rate, right?

EDIT:
    Did another reinstallation and now time scale works.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2013
  19. WiX

WiX Registered

I have a problem with the Silverstone SKY in DevMode.
    The sky contains a grey polygon. i assume this is the cloud plane. It only happens on Silverstone.
    Resolution, settings, or reinstall does not seem to solve it. Any idea? Does it have something to do with the SkyBox settings?

20. MJP

MJP Registered

Sky looks ok for me, no weird stuff in the sky that I can see.