Should we better avoid the Halloween sale for rFactor2 in future?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 8bar, Dec 27, 2023.

1. elgagon

elgagon Registered

But who knows if the BMWs are excluded?
    Next week we could have races between BMWs and Infinitis.
    It's not possible to have every week all cars (at least at the moment)
    We could complain in the same way with tracks.

2. 006

006 Registered

They have run FWD only events a couple of times due to the fact the RWDs are considerably OP. Take a look at the leaderboard times for the current intermediate touring car series in race control now for an example. And i would say there are plenty of tracks where the gulf is wider than VIR.

I like to think they wont do FWD only too often as its a poor solution to the problem, but bare in mind that people who bought a FWD car (or have both but just like to drive them) have no chance to compete at the front so if its the odd event i dont think its a disaster. Unfortunately they arent going to do what needs to be done ie actually balancing the cars as they are only working on LMU not rf2.

The_Bad_Fasterd likes this.
  3. 8bar

8bar Registered

Great answer!
    @Studio397 please raise prices, there are enough fanboys here that will pay you whatever you ask.

4. 8bar

8bar Registered

I'm not complaining about having to buy a lot of DLC, I'm complaining about the way they offer it:
    A bad offer is sent up front, people buy it and WITHIN ONE MONTH it's upgraded and those who bought too early are annoyed.
    Why like that? It could have been done differently.

But it looks like there are a lot of people here who don't care at all, but there are also people like me who will learn a lesson from this and think carefully in future about whether and, above all, when to invest money in rFactor2 again.
    I would argue that the really fair offers from Studio397 only come at the end of the year.

Studio397 is known for a number of bad decisions, one of the biggest being claiming over the years that it's not possible to race online unless you own every single car in a race series.
    This is one of the biggest mistakes in the company's history, otherwise rFactor would be in a completely different place today.
    It took others like LFM to show them how to do it.
    Again and again a big THANK YOU to LowFuelMotorSport at this point.

If anyone from Studio397 gets the stupid idea of asking for money for the RaceControl system, then I'm gone, guaranteed - and I'm not the only one for sure.
    Then LFM will have to save rF2 again or hopefully AMS2 will have its own RaceControl system until this point in time.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2023
  5. Comante

Comante Registered

This is the Disney's effect in his fullest.
    8bar, I want to tell you the truth: you are not special, nobody is, no matter how much you want it, there is no guarantee you will achieve it.
    If you don't live under a cabbage, you see that Steam is always STREAMING offerings and discounts continuosly. Even without looking, it should be obvious that discounts are not incremental, and not always the same amount or formula. This mean that below full price, everything is a discount, nobody cares of your feelings if you feel robbed, because.. it's not true. You decided to buy at a price you deemed fair. Xmas has come, and with it better discounts, probably only you are surprised.. and upset.
    All in all you are making this thread for a pint or two of beer.... I would never put up a fight over two beers..
    Then you go postal "menacing" to play another game , assuming that everyone think you are on the moral high ground and you are legion. You are not, and you are probably not alone but in scarce company.
    Your feelings doesn't make you right.
    Take a look back and read this thread from the beginning, maybe you will change your mind.

6. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@8bar you probably should have given up in 2020 like you said you were going to, when you refused to understand how your purchase had gone wrong and why your price complaint made no sense.

Buy stuff if you're happy with the price, and accept that things change. This happens everywhere, trying to rubbish S397 for it shows your negative bias.

nonamenow likes this.
  7. 8bar

8bar Registered

Everywhere people are trying to save money and are annoyed about bad pricing policies,
    only in the Studio397 forum they try to talk it up somehow - of course, that makes sense :)

@Lazza @Comante @davehenrie
    are you just fanboys or do you work for this company?

8. trichens

trichens Registered

You don't have to be "fan boys" to believe that people should be paid for their work that you want to use.

My employer pays me so has to charge customers to do that, cover their costs for buildings, power, etc. and make a little profit.

What always amazes me is that people complain about paying £6.00 for a single car or track but will readily pay £600+ on a GPU - and surprisingly buy a new higher spec GPU a couple of years later.

9. 8bar

8bar Registered

So would you confirm my assumption too that the three of them work for Studio397?
    It's pretty obvious, isn't it?

I'm not complaining that I'm paying £6 for a single car or track, I'm complaining that they first charge €15 for the English track package and only 3 weeks later offer the full TOURING CAR TOTAL PACK for €22.
    The question of why they didn't offer both at the same time should be allowed in a forum, shouldn't it?

How many times do you want me to repeat this and how many times do you want to turn my word around?

10. Bernat

Bernat Registered

Who's complaining that the last sale was cheaper then the previous one? Who's against cheaper prices then?

You should know that waiting always gets you cheaper prices. But wait for the cheapest price of all time and you'll be always waiting. Enjoy what you have and stop worrying about what ifs...

jayarrbee36, Emery and trichens like this.
  11. Comante

Comante Registered

I would love to be paid from Studio 397, but the truth is just that I'm almost 50 and probably time injected some wisdom in me.
    Fanboy? This means nothing to me I'm just here since 2012 waiting for this game to be where it is today, and enoying it in my spare time.
    (Often still training with skippy at Limerock )
    And no, I don't even own all the content, just what I like or intend to use, and when I decide to buy something, I just buy it, if it is discounted, all the better, otherwise, I won't get bankrupted by a pint.

pkelly, Emery and trichens like this.
  12. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

YES I AM a fanboy. NO I DO NOT work for the company. But I do try and help folks now and then & you clearly need help in perspective. Sorry to say it apparently hasn't taken. Happy New Year.

pkelly and trichens like this.
  13. trichens

trichens Registered

I'm probably 75% fanboy too.
    However, a couple of weeks ago I bought a couple of boxes of chocolates for Xmas from a local supermarket.
    Last week they were doing a deal where buying two boxes would get you a 20% discount.
    I'm not expecting to be given a refund of the difference... would you?

I'd prefer not to have "sale" offers but have a year round discount for buying multiple items, but I believe I read that Steam can't do that

14. Emery

Emery Registered

Oh good lord, you really love the conspiracies and jumping to conclusions, don't you! No, they do not work for Studio 397. You can verify this by reading the rF2 credits. LOL, it's pretty obvious that you haven't read all their comments, either (over a decade's worth of reading posts is too much). The comments where they criticise Studio 397 (and ISI before the handoff to S397) for flaws in rF2.

Seven Smiles likes this.
  15. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Oh no, not the chocolate! Now that would hurt me :p

Disclaimer: I haven't checked recently but I think I am in the credits. It wasn't for any paid work though, in fact as far as I know nothing I did ended up in the game. The fact my forum-version name ended up and stayed there is typical of the slow and bewildering nature of rF2 development.

@8bar childish accusations speak volumes. Grow up and learn to deal with consumer challenges. A few dollars here and there is nothing in the scheme of things, especially in terms of real world issues (it's a game!).

Remco Majoor, pkelly, Emery and 2 others like this.
  16. Emery

Emery Registered

Your contributions deserve credit.

pkelly likes this.
  17. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Debatable ;)

But seriously, game credits should be for those officially helping out or contributing. I believe (could be wrong) my name was added when some of my work was to be used, but it never happened. So it's not random, but also likely not justified.

Anyway, stuff went on sale, and later went on sale cheaper. This is why when I (finally) buy something, I do everything I can to avoid looking at it or similar products afterwards. I hate that disappointment when I see it cheaper. It's easier to avoid in rF2, but I bought stuff when I was happy with the price so it is what it is, and some of that I've literally never even used.

trichens likes this.
  18. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I did get my name attached to ARCA, all I did was figure out the math for using CANS of fuel instead of gallons/litres. I think I gave them 1 or 2 cans(full tank) and a splash for late race strategy. Also the A1-GP mod for rF1, worked on that and did a tiny bit on the champcar mod, also rF1...gave them the format for alternate tires.(that was it....really) Finally, of course, I ended up running the SCC mod for GTR2 after Pierre retired. I started as a beta tester and asked a question. Why did one particular Saleen always work it's way to the front? It was something like 2 or 3 kilograms lighter than the other cars I was told. From there I learned to mod GTR2 simply by changing almost every parameter one at a time to observe the results. I was so burnt out from working on the GUTS of the SCC mod for half a decade, I didn't pick up another sim for a couple of years. When I first explored rF2...I knew right away it was 99% above my experience. So now, @8bar, I'm just a user whose advice is sometimes helpful. If that makes me a fan boy, then I'll wear the tag with pride.
    I'm pointing all this out so @8bar can see the decided lack of any mention of ISI or S397. I just enjoy the feel of rF2 over other sims I've tried so I stick with it. And yes, we have long suffered similar threads over the years about having to buy an entire group of cars. I guess I thought that NOW, when you only need one single car, the carping about price would go away. Sigh... Funny, there are guys over at the ACC forum on RD that think 9.99 is too much for a laser scanned version of Le Mans. Universal one might say....

Emery likes this.
  19. 8bar

8bar Registered

Wow, people tell me here that I have a negative bias or attitude, I'm childish and should grow up.
    People compare prices with Coca Cola, chocolate, rice, etc.
    And why all this?
    Only because I talk and wish a better pricing policy from Studio397?

The same nonsense as all the years they've been trying to convince us that it's necessary to own all the cars to take part in a series.
    Great, keep it up, continue to sugercoat everything the marketing geniuses at Studio397 come up with.
    Happy New Year to everyone.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2024
  20. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Your same nonsense regarding this issue.

The game wasn't made to allow for that, and they had to make quite big changes to finally do it. No devs said it wasn't possible. Some users might have implied it wasn't possible, but that's on them.

trichens likes this.