Share your OSW Settings

Discussion in 'Hardware Building/Buying/Usage Advice' started by cookie, May 12, 2016.

1. C3PO

C3PO Registered

Thanks ApainPlost - have the same set up as you and will try these. Default the FFB with the OSW is quite weird.

2. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

I have taken the Accuforce profile and adjusted it for OSW. Curious what the differences are between my current profile and ApainPlosts' :)

For instance, how this feels:
    Code:
    "Steering torque sensitivity":2,
    The flat6 at Spa, drove like a dream, smiled for entire laps :p
    The URD Ferrari is the first car which feels lacking to the other ones I've driven up to this point. It is only now that I might go ahead and make some adjustments but then again, only on the rF2 side. The granity side was completely pre-configured and tested by Ollie and I trust his knowledge more than mine ;)

C3PO likes this.
  3. C3PO

C3PO Registered

@ApainPlost - your settings are superb, thank you!

4. ApainPlost

ApainPlost Registered

@wgeuse

Can you send (or put) your controler.json and your MMos setup for the OSW ... I want to test something new ...

Regards.

5. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

Hi,
    Sure I can, nothing special going on here though!

MMOS
    Code:
    Drehwinkel=450
    LockGain=2080
    LockMax=4900
    DeviceFilter=1
    DeviceMin=0
    DeviceMax=10000
    DamperFilter=0
    FrictionFilter=0
    InertiaFilter=0
    DesktopEffect=0
    DesktopEffectForce=273
    DesktopEffectSaturation=7500
    UserEffect=0
    UserEffectForce=1000
    UserEffectSaturation=10000
    Controller file
    Code:
    "Force Feedback":{
        "Brake effects on steer axis":0,
        "Brake effects on steer axis#":"0 = Brake effects on brake axis, 1 = brake effects on steering axis.",
        "Brake effects strength":10000,
        "Brake effects strength#":"-10000 to +10000, applies to all brake effects (force, vibration, static spring, etc?)",
        "Brake spring coefficient":0.3,
        "Brake spring coefficient#":"Static spring effect rate (-1.0 to 1.0)",
        "Brake spring saturation":1,
        "Brake spring saturation#":"Static spring effect peak force (0.0 to 1.0)",
        "Clutch effects on steer axis":0,
        "Clutch effects on steer axis#":"0 = Clutch effects on clutch axis, 1 = brake effects on steering axis.",
        "Clutch effects strength":10000,
        "Clutch effects strength#":"-10000 to +10000, applies to all clutch effects (force, vibration, static spring, etc?)",
        "Clutch spring coefficient":0.2,
        "Clutch spring coefficient#":"Static spring effect rate (-1.0 to 1.0)",
        "Clutch spring saturation":1,
        "Clutch spring saturation#":"Static spring effect peak force (0.0 to 1.0)",
        "G920_workaround":true,
        "G920_workaround#":"Workaround for Logitech G920 firmware bugs ... may need to turn this off after firmware update if it gets fixed.",
        "Gearbox effects on steer axis":0,
        "Gearbox effects on steer axis#":"0 = Gearbox effects on gearbox 'axis', 1 = brake effects on steering axis.",
        "Gearbox effects strength":10000,
        "Gearbox effects strength#":"-10000 to +10000, applies to all gearbox effects (force, vibration, static spring, etc?)",
        "Gearbox spring coefficient":0,
        "Gearbox spring coefficient#":"Static spring effect rate (-1.0 to 1.0)",
        "Gearbox spring saturation":1,
        "Gearbox spring saturation#":"Static spring effect peak force (0.0 to 1.0)",
        "Ignore controllers":0,
        "Ignore controllers#":"Do not use FFB on: 1=controller1, 2=controller2, 4=controller3, 8=controller4, 16=controller5, 32=controller6 (or add values to ignore multiple controllers, for example 63 ignores all)",
        "Jolt magnitude":1.5,
        "Jolt magnitude#":"How strong jolts from other cars (or walls) are.  Suggested Range: -2.0 to 2.0.",
        "Off-road multiplier":0.3,
        "Off-road multiplier#":"Temporary test variable to reduce force feedback strength off-road (0.0 = zero FFB, 1.0 = full FFB)",
        "Other spring coefficient":0.2,
        "Other spring coefficient#":"Static spring effect rate (-1.0 to 1.0) for any other FFB-capable controllers",
        "Other spring saturation":1,
        "Other spring saturation#":"Static spring effect peak force (0.0 to 1.0) for any other FFB-capable controllers",
        "Rumble strip magnitude":0,
        "Rumble strip magnitude#":"How strong the canned rumble strip rumble is.  Range 0.0 to 1.0, 0.0 disables effect.",
        "Rumble strip pull factor":1.5,
        "Rumble strip pull factor#":"How strongly wheel pulls right\/left when running over a rumble strip. Suggested range: -1.5 to 1.5.",
        "Rumble strip update thresh":0.05,
        "Rumble strip update thresh#":"Amount of change required to update rumble strip effect (0.0 - 1.0)",
        "Rumble strip wave type":0,
        "Rumble strip wave type#":"Type of wave to use for vibe: 0=Sine, 1=Square, 2=Triangle, 3=Sawtooth up, 4=Sawtooth down.",
        "Steering effects strength":-10000,
        "Steering effects strength#":"-10000 to +10000, applies to all steering effects (torque, resistance, static spring, jolt, etc.)",
        "Steering resistance coefficient":0.1,
        "Steering resistance coefficient#":"Coefficient to use for steering resistance.  Range: -1.0 to 1.0",
        "Steering resistance saturation":0.1,
        "Steering resistance saturation#":"Saturation value to use for steering resistance.  Range: 0 - 1.0",
        "Steering resistance type":0,
        "Steering resistance type#":"0=use damping, 1=use friction",
        "Steering spring coefficient":0,
        "Steering spring coefficient#":"Static spring effect rate (-1.0 to 1.0)",
        "Steering spring saturation":0.1,
        "Steering spring saturation#":"Static spring effect peak force (0.0 to 1.0)",
        "Steering torque capability":19.5,
        "Steering torque capability#":"The maximum torque capability of the wheel (in Nm, obviously)",
        "Steering torque extrap blend":0,
        "Steering torque extrap blend#":"Higher blends of extrapolated value allows driver to feel torque changes even when actual torque exceeds 'input max' (0.0=disables, 1.0=max)",
        "Steering torque extrap time":0.015,
        "Steering torque extrap time#":"Time in seconds to extrapolate steering torque based on current change (Range: 0.001 to 0.050.  To disable, set 'blend' to 0.0)",
        "Steering torque filter":5,
        "Steering torque filter#":"Number of old samples to use to filter torque from vehicle's steering column (0-32, note that higher values increase effective latency)",
        "Steering torque minimum":0,
        "Steering torque minimum#":"Minimum torque to apply in either direction to overcome steering wheel's 'FFB deadzone' caused by friction",
        "Steering torque per-vehicle mult":0.6,
        "Steering torque per-vehicle mult#":"Per-vehicle steering column torque multiplier (this is a copy of the .CCH value)",
        "Steering torque sensitivity":1,
        "Steering torque sensitivity#":"Sensitivity curve applied to representable torques: 0.0=low 1.0=linear 2.0=high",
        "Steering torque zero-speed mult":0.3,
        "Steering torque zero-speed mult#":"Multiplier at zero speed to reduce unwanted oscillation from strong static aligning torque",
        "Test_workaround":true,
        "Test_workaround#":"Workaround for apparent driver CTD on release",
        "Throttle effects on steer axis":0,
        "Throttle effects on steer axis#":"0 = Throttle effects on throttle axis, 1 = throttle effects on steering axis.",
        "Throttle effects strength":10000,
        "Throttle effects strength#":"-10000 to +10000, applies to all throttle effects (force, vibration, static spring, etc?)",
        "Throttle spring coefficient":0.1,
        "Throttle spring coefficient#":"Static spring effect rate (-1.0 to 1.0)",
        "Throttle spring saturation":1,
        "Throttle spring saturation#":"Static spring effect peak force (0.0 to 1.0)",
        "Type":1,
        "Type#":"Type of force feedback: 0=off 1=wheel 2=joystick 3=rumble\/gamepad 4=custom",
        "Use thread":true,
        "Use thread#":"Use a separate thread to issue FFB commands which may block with some drivers"
    }

6. ApainPlost

ApainPlost Registered

@wgeuse

Thanks .. I will test that this week-end.

Regards.

7. Markj

Markj Registered

I thought I'd share this news here in case anyone isn't on the iRacing forum, but seems Granite will have open source firmware in Q1 this year, my understanding is this will replace MMOS. The same post also mentions newer Simucube boards have extra braking resistor but that if you have the latest Granite firmware then you should have no issues anyway, part of Mika Takala's post below + link to iracing forum page.

'But last year things aside, during Q1/2017 we aim to release our own firmware which will bring improvements compared to the popular 3rd party firmware. The firmware will ease and make more flexible the configuration of pedal and button inputs, encoder settings, steering angle limit setting, and (later) incorporation of the IONI filtering settings into switchable profiles. We will have similar architecture to the 3rd party firmware with different setting profiles that are saved and configured with a configuration tool on PC. Also the initial setup steps, such as encoder CPR and wheel indexing will be handled with more information available to user. These should make initial setup process much easier and less time consuming for everyone.

After we release the firmware, we encourage those in the community with knowledge of filtering to develop more filtering techniques and effects. Also the codebase will make it possible for the community to implement for example serial display device support, wireless bridges to button boxes/plates and other things. We will then include the community's work in future official firmware releases.'
    http://members.iracing.com/jforum/posts/list/1375/3469537.page#10263659

Hope Marcel and the team know about this as might help them with any integration too. :)

RaceNut likes this.
  8. ApainPlost

ApainPlost Registered

Thanks @Markj for your sharing.

I'm not a IRacing member ... so ... I can't read the post. Can you share it ?

It will be great if Marcel add an OSW (small mige) profile in rFactor2.

9. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

Did you try out my profile though?

10. ApainPlost

ApainPlost Registered

@wgeuze,

Yes ... and i like some effects and dislike some other.

The main problem with your setup is that I have a large neutral zone with too much blind spot and I don't know how to fix it.

11. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

I would dial in some torque minimum then to be honest, easy fix! :)

12. ApainPlost

ApainPlost Registered

Ok .. I will fix this in the <RF2><DATA>\UserData\player\Controler.json

Line : Steering torque minimum="0" // Minimum torque to apply in either direction to overcome steering wheel's 'FFB deadzone' caused by friction

13. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

Indeed!
    Go easy on it though, you need small numbers since its a normalised value, 0,05 is 5 percent for example :)

14. ApainPlost

ApainPlost Registered

15. Markj

Markj Registered

Full text of Mika's post on iracing forum below, sounds good to me...

Hi all,

Status update and 2017 greetings from Granite Devices: Yes, we have slightly changed the hardware configuration of SimuCUBE. The braking resistor is now doubled. In order to clarify how many (in percentage) of the SimuCUBEs actually had any issues with braking resistor the numbers are as follows: Until the time GD acted to make changes to hardware and IONI firmware, less than 2% of the sold SimuCUBES got this issue with broken braking resistor. All in all 2,6% of the SimuCUBEs sold before mid September 2016 were returned back GD to be fixed, and for the whole year 2016 the number is 1,6%. Since October 2016 GD haven't got RMAs related to broken braking resistor.

From manufacturer's perspective the issue related to the braking resistor failing was solved during September 2016. Doubling the braking resistors and changes made to IONI firmware have basically eliminated the issue that the end-user could break the SimuCUBE by accident. The reason why few of the SimuCUBEs got broken was mainly due to end-user setting the IONI FOV value too low, close to, equal to, or even below PSU voltage, when it should be 2,5-3% higher than PSU voltage (switching PSU). Setting FOV value too low to IONI is basically mishandling of the SimuCUBE hardware. All or close to all of the SimuCUBEs sold after September 2016 have double resistors and the IONI firmware which in part addresses to this issue was released on 8th of September 2016.

The improvement in IONI firmware release of 1.5.4 (and later) is such that the calculation that how much energy is released to (and how much of it is left at) braking resistor is more accurate now. The most important improvement however was the improvement against accidental mishandling of SimuCUBE. From 1.5.4 we have safeguards that help the user from setting too low FOV value. These 2 improvements in effect make SimuCUBE with one braking resistor as reliable as the current version that has two braking resistors. There is no need to think that the functionality of SimuCUBE with one braking resistor is in any way "lesser edition" than that of the current version. All in all put together, the RMAs which were directly related to IONI firmware during last year were 0,4% of all SimuCUBEs sold before mid september 2016, and from the whole year, ~0,2% since the sales almost doubled close to Christmas time.

I felt the need to explain about this in order to correct the impression that some OSW users and potential buyers may have. For us it is important that the hardware we manufacture is rock solid, as our company slogan is "Reliability first".

But last year things aside, during Q1/2017 we aim to release our own firmware which will bring improvements compared to the popular 3rd party firmware. The firmware will ease and make more flexible the configuration of pedal and button inputs, encoder settings, steering angle limit setting, and (later) incorporation of the IONI filtering settings into switchable profiles. We will have similar architecture to the 3rd party firmware with different setting profiles that are saved and configured with a configuration tool on PC. Also the initial setup steps, such as encoder CPR and wheel indexing will be handled with more information available to user. These should make initial setup process much easier and less time consuming for everyone.

After we release the firmware, we encourage those in the community with knowledge of filtering to develop more filtering techniques and effects. Also the codebase will make it possible for the community to implement for example serial display device support, wireless bridges to button boxes/plates and other things. We will then include the community's work in future official firmware releases.

16. ApainPlost

ApainPlost Registered

Thanks @Markj ...it's a really good news because I have an OSW simucube.

17. sman

sman Registered

Maybe you already solved it but you dont need to change it every time Just adjust to what car you drive and save in FFB config select add new config give it a name ex RF Nissan 500Gt or rf2 456 and save other car just select it

18. sman

sman Registered

Hi if anyone interested i have for sale a Brandnew never used not even been mounted Small mige with 2 connection cables and with brandnew servo mount
    if interested pm me i sell for very interesting price

19. rocafella1978

rocafella1978 Registered

any OpenSimWheel (OSW) users who have successfully gotten their MiGE 130STM10010 (10,000CPR/ 40,000PPR) to work properly, fine tuned it and make it work in rF2? I don't even know where to start with OSW in this sim, what to change or do, MMOS? Granity? complete and utter amateur and beginner with OSW. any help and guidance I will be grateful for!

20. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

Read through this topic first, you can copy lots of settings found in here. I suggest you start with loading the accuforce profile and adjust the steering torque capability to what you can output.

Double check in MMOS that you setup your encoder correctly. For example, I still have a 5.000CPR encoder and I had to set the encoder value to 20.000 in order to read it out correctly. For a 10.000CPR encoder it should be 40.000 if I'm correct.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2017