Shadows Disappearing in front of car?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ZeosPantera, Jan 11, 2012.

1. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

Most noticeable when driving through the tunnel and on the strait afterward all the shadows of the trees on the leaves disappear in a large diagonal slash about fifty feet long.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzpILNg4ilc

I also saw it when watching a replay from swingman. Could it be the low FOV I am running 21 and I know that screwed up rF1 skyboxes and such.

Also while I am here..

Crazy Sunbeam reflection through world

Hit a garage pretty hard in pits and this happened..

PS.. It is great so far.. I know how beta's can offend people but I am sure you will work all this out.. Now add Global OrientationOffset so I can change my Horizon line please. And the rain texture is a bit low end.

2. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

Yeah, I've noticed dissapearing shadows on Grand Prix tribute video.
    Apparently, frustum for selecting shadow casters is incorrect. There's nothing you can do about it - it's a flaw / misconcept in rendering engine.

I'm pretty sure they're aware of that, but they have their hands full with other issues right now. Especially these related to account activation and modding.

Once I start testing I'll probably collect my thoughts on various aspects of graphics and provide my own feedback to them but now it's not the time to work on graphics anyway (but I believe they're planning to work on graphics towards the end of open beta period).

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2012