Safety Car Options

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Matthew, May 8, 2024.

1. Matthew

Matthew Registered

I'm setting up my own server, when the safety car comes out, the laps under the safety car doesn't count towards the total laps, is there a way to turn this off?

Also does the game have time penalties instead of drive through penalties? if yes how to change it?

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Go to the mastemp folder your .rfm is normally located when making the rfmod, and check out the stock car rfm in there. It'll have all the available options.

I don't think there's any time penalty option,.unfortunately.

3. redapg

redapg Registered

First Question should be this (should work in the Series rfm File and the gdb File of a Track:
    // Whether caution laps are counted towards the total number of laps; default=1, possible values 0 or 1.
    CountCautionLaps = 1

and the 2nd what @Lazza has said.

4. Corti

Corti Registered

5. DanRZ

DanRZ Registered

Time penalty, flags rules off, you're turning a real life simracing game into arcade mode ...

A drive-through is an actual time penalty.

And if needed set Track limits to Disabled i think it's possible.

And for laps under safety car, maybe use timed races instead. If i remember well duration is not affected by laps under safety car.

6. Corti

Corti Registered

:oops: perhaps I should have quoted Chris's words

7. Matthew

Matthew Registered

@DanRZ, @Lazza @redapg thanks for your help!

So to confirm, for the laps under the safety car counts towards the total laps, i need to change CountCautionLaps to value 1?

Also do you know how i can set Mandatory pits stops?

8. DanRZ

DanRZ Registered

The only way i personaly achieve that is by modifying the capacity of fuel tanks, and make sure everybody is forced to pit at some point in the race, and don't know other option in rF2.

You can upgrade cars to modify the capacity of tanks (Workshop item needed) or use the factor to accelerate fuel consumption like 4X or more. Second option is the most practical.
    You can also use tyre use and accelerate it. It forces people to pit for tyres instead of fuel, but it's a lot less precise.

Have you tried the very last "StockCar" plugin ? It uses a Safety car from Nascar, with way better management of laps under safety car and lapped cars. And maybe there is some other options.
    > https://forum.studio-397.com/index....d-and-enhanced-stockcarrulesplugin-dll.60541/
    Go to the discord server ...

Last edited: May 13, 2024