[REL] S397 Nordschleife instant Timing Mod

Discussion in 'Locations' started by redapg, Aug 22, 2022.

1. redapg

redapg Registered

Coming from this Thread, i open this new Thread, because @Bernd, who was so kind to open the old Thread, because i still was blocked in the Forum at that Time, is not active in Sim-Racing anymore, due to personal Reasons.
    And i don't want to disturb him everytime, when i release a new Update, to edit the first Post in his Thread, accordingly to the Updates.

Available in the Steam Workshop now

Update to Version 2.43Atime 23.05.2023:
    Update for the 24H P and 24H P+Q Layouts, to better avoid to get a Cut Track Warning, when the Shortcut back to Start/Finish gets used.

Version is 2.43time, that Updates the original Track Version 2.42.

Due to the new/modified Cut Detection, it was a bit tricky to get this Modification working again.
    So please, if you notice something strange, report it here.
    I can not test every possible Configuration. ;)
    This Time the File is "a bit" bigger, because i included all CBASH and RRSHD Files, to get it loading faster.
    4 Layouts are included and for 3 of them, you can select, if you want to have the instant Timing working in Practice only or in Practice and Qualifying.
    The Update is made with the Files from S397 Version 2.43.
    All Layouts have the DRS deactivated.

Old Info for manual Download:
    To avoid any Conflicts, ensure that you delete all former "Time" Updates, that you maybe still have in the Folder: ..\rFactor 2\Installed\Locations\Nurburgring_2018
    If you have no other Updates installed, that Folder should only contain the Subfolders 2.42 and 2.43, before you install this Update.
    HINT: To avoid to delete the Base Component 2.42 too, always delete the "Time" Update Subfolder by Hand and not with the in Game Content Manager.

Nordschleife.jpg
    24hEnduComb.jpg

Last edited: May 23, 2023
    zerohunter, pascom, Bernat and 13 others like this.
  2. redapg

redapg Registered

I could create the Update quicker than expected, so the new Version is available.
    The Link is in the first Post.

muzikant, davehenrie, atomed and 2 others like this.
  3. Hazi

Hazi Registered

THX als allways....

redapg likes this.
  4. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

Thank you for the update. I went to try install it but it's not showing in Mod manager. Normally it would say Update available or something like that. I have it in the package folder as seen in screen shot.

upload_2022-8-23_18-53-38.png

I did get it installed in the end by using a program called Extract.exe that I've had for years.

Short cut works again :). Well done. Thank you.

5. redapg

redapg Registered

Thank you for reporting.
    I can confirm that it doesn't get shown in the Mod Manager (ModMgr.exe).
    So i have tested it with an Update for another Track, that also doesn't show up there.
    But both show up in the in Game Content Manager and can be installed there.
    So it maybe is a kind of a Bug in the Mod Manager, when the Content Manager detects it.
    And i also still use the very useful Extract.exe, that was made by @Noel Hibbard when i remember it right. :)

6. redapg

redapg Registered

@DJCruicky Short Update
    It seems as if the Mod Manager kind of ignores an existing Update, if there is an Update installed already.
    In the Mod Manager, the Version of Nurburgring_2018 is shown as 2.37.
    But my Update, of course, is for the base Version 2.36.
    So the Mod Manager seems to ignore the Base Version, if an Update is installed.
    When i delete the original 2.37 Folder in the installed... Folder, the Version 2.36 gets shown in the Mod Manager, written in bold Letters and with the Hint that there is an Update available. ;)
    But as said, in the "in Game" Content Manager, you can install it, even if there is another Update installed already.

7. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

Good find.
    I think you can make the update point to 2.37 and not 2.36, or was there a technical reason for doing it.

I did manage doing a sub 2 minute time at the 24 hour layout. I'm not going to say how it's done as everyone will be doing it, but it's something I fixed on my Nords track last Christmas. We call it the Cock lap :D. Hands up who's done the cock lap? :D

8. RoWo

RoWo Member

Technical reason. Always update the base, not the update!

9. redapg

redapg Registered

@RoWo and @DJCruicky In the Past and for that i agree with @RoWo, it was impossible to create an Update of an Update, like in this Case, where the base Mod is 2.36, an Update from 2.37.
    One simple Reason, at least for the DLCs, was, that the base Mod contains the gmt, Textures, Animations...., all common Files and the Update, in Case of the Tracks, the Layout MAS Files and the MAS File with the tdf File.
    So you had to link your Update to the base Component, to get it working.
    But that seems to have changed now.
    I have tested it now and i indeed can Link my Update to the existing Update.
    And in that Way, as @DJCruicky did suppose, the Update also appears in the Mod Manager and can be installed from there.
    So next Time i will Link it to the existing Update, if i didn't forget it until then. :D

Last edited: Aug 24, 2022
  10. RoWo

RoWo Member

But in this case, I think, you can only use the newest update. So you can't join a server with the original v2.38 running.

11. redapg

redapg Registered

If i am REALLY bored one Day, i will test that, with which Update configuration which Layouts can be used on a Server. ;)
    Normally, it should be easily doable to allow to use everything, because all Updates have their own Folder.

DJCruicky likes this.
  12. lagg

lagg Registered

Hi all.
    Is the link working?

13. DanRZ

DanRZ Registered

Yes, it works fine for me.

14. redapg

redapg Registered

If it's still not working, can you please say what exactly the Problem is (any Error Message?) and which Browser you are using?

15. lagg

lagg Registered

Hi @redapg (and thanks for all your work)
    I use Chrome.
    Something strange happens.
    When i click on the link of the first post, a new tab opens in the browser, but suddenly disappears and doesn't download anything.
    But if i copy the url of the link, manually open a new tab and paste the url in the address bar, it works perfectly.

Note: I've just tried with Firefox and works perfectly.

Corti likes this.
  16. redapg

redapg Registered

Hi @lagg I didn't tested it with Chrome, because i don't want to have it installed on my Machine. :)
    The Link leads to a php Site (that i use to count the Downloads) that redirects to a Google Drive, where the File is stored.
    I think that Chrome prevents this Redirecting, because of safety Reasons.
    And as you say, with Firefox, that i use for Testing, it works without any Problems, so just use that. ;)

Corti and lagg like this.
  17. lagg

lagg Registered

OK, it's strange, because pasting the PHP url in the address bar, works with Chrome.
    In any case, is possible to download the rfmcp, then it doesn't matter.
    Thank you.

18. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Right-click, Save Link As... also works. (with a security warning)

lagg likes this.
  19. redapg

redapg Registered

The Problem probably is this:
    When you click on the Link here in the Forum, you open the php Site (that won't get really opened), that has the Redirecting to the Google Drive.
    So you have 3 Stations. Forum->php Site->Site where the File is stored.
    And because many Websites, that try to betray for Example, do use a similar Structure, Chrome prevents to open the Website to that the Redirecting leads.
    When you copy the Link and paste it into a new opened Tab, you directly open the php Site and the Redirecting works, because it misses the first Step, where you open the Link on another Website (in the S397 Forum in this Case).

lagg likes this.
  20. Johnny Speed

Johnny Speed Registered

Thank you for this mod. It really makes my offline/single player experience much more enjoyable. You guys really help make this game shine. :)

pkelly and redapg like this.