rubber buildup on track to differ depnding on tires?

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by rwkeating, Jul 22, 2012.

1. rwkeating

rwkeating Registered

Currently it feels that the rubber and marble buildup is the same for all tires. For example, a soft F1 tire will lay down more rubber and create more marbles than a street tire but I am guess rFactor2 isn't doing that now.

I've been driving the RTrainer (a car with street tires) and the difference in grip between where the rubber builds up and where the marbles are just appears way out of line with what I would expect from a street tire especially after such a short period of time. I was running a 30 minute practice with AI at 2x normal time.

2. Radar

Radar Registered

I think you will find, ISI has had to create a happy medium between tires.. I'm sure they will answer (I hope) to clarify this, but to create different rubber build up for different tires will be hard on modders (if it needed changing) and hard on coding (I would think) as it would involve looking at the tire file to determine how the track file shows rubber build up..

Would be nice, and a good wish.. but, I don't think we will see anything different in this department.

3. blakboks

blakboks Registered

I think another explanation as to why the rTrainer 'may' not be laying down an appropriate amount of rubber is because it hasn't 'officially' been released yet. Yes, it is in the ModDev section for modders to check out, but hasn't been properly packaged and (probably) tuned to be released to the public yet. Not to mention, I believe it has been in the known issues list that the marbles are not finished yet, either.

That said, I do agree that it should depend on the tire compound. I imagine it will be related to tire wear (which the sim is already taking into account), so it really shouldn't be that difficult to set it per tire properly. What's probably considerably more difficult to model for realtime simulation is mixing compounds on the track (in the groove) to determine proper grip levels.

4. Slothman

Slothman Registered

I do believe it has been stated that individual tire compound effecting the rubber build is "not activated".

Another words it is planned.

5. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Don't suppose you know where this has been stated do you? As I read something from Tim along the lines of what radar says above so may of missed it.

6. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

I can confirm that this has been stated already.
    More over, you may find info that build-up speed is artificial in current builds.
    In short, it looks like BL is build with some fixed speed and amount, only place to build is selected dynamically tracking vehicles positions

7. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

Michael and/or Terence answered that question some time ago so yes, eventually each individual tyre from each vehicle will be leaving its marks on track. And different tyres will be doing that on their on individual way.

8. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Cool thanks, looking forward to that already!

9. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Just run a session with BT20 and F3 and you will see totally different rubber to either run alone with different feel.

10. Bryan Birtwell

Bryan Birtwell Registered

What??? I think you fell asleep, mid-sentence, DD. 8*D

11. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Run BT20 ai at Spa Hour
    Then run F3
    Then Run Both together

Well dur DD its artificial lol ....what I am meaning it overlays well at this time and changes the feel in corners for the F3 then a normally rubbered F3 session

F3 even 12-24 Hours rubber ( how many rooms have even done it :p ) does not change grip after the first hour no matter how long you rubber.