rFactor2 Rank: Looking for beta testers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hoover, Jan 12, 2012.

1. hoover

hoover Registered

Hi folks,

I just changed the DNS entry to point to the new server, naturally it can take up to 24 hours for this change to propagate around the planet. The upside is we'll finally be able to properly secure the site using TLS, so if you uploaded your lap times during the last couple of days please do so again once you end up on the correct server (a news item on the "what's new" page will show the info).

Thanks & all the best, Uwe

David Kolody likes this.
  2. hoover

hoover Registered

Hi folks,

thanks to Tony "Seven Smiles" Whitley we now have a nice & easy to use utility to create the "career.blt" file needed to upload and register your lap times with rF2 Rank. This version does not require you to install Python first (hence its slightly larger size at around 5MB as the binary already includes the Python interpreter) and it's also an "exe" file that you can simply double click on to create or update your career.blt file.

Usage instructions:

o Download Tony's binary from https://github.com/TonyWhitley/rFactor2-Rank/releases

o Save the create_file.exe file to your rFactor2/UserData/player directory (the one that contains all those ".cch" files)

o Double click the create_file.exe to create / update your career. blt file

o Head over to https://rf2.gplrank.info/ and upload your lap times by pointing the upload page to your career.blt file

o Crack open a cold one & enjoy :)

Thanks again to Tony for the creation of this easy to use tool.

All the best, Uwe

3. Narrowbackwing

Narrowbackwing Registered

4. hoover

hoover Registered

Hi folks,

I fixed a long-standing bug in the "view laptimes" function so the selection of track records from multiple countries should now work as expected (please check below for an example).

Also we have a big new feature coming to the ranks during the next few days, so stay tuned :)

All the best, Uwe

Example selection for all Lime Rock Park overall best lap times from Canada & Uruguay:

upload_2018-10-25_14-34-6.png

Art_Pereira, jimagn and David Kolody like this.
  5. hoover

hoover Registered

The GT3 class has been added. Sadly all those fantastic cars are bunched up in single "GT3" class name that covers them all, too bad really as it would have been very nice to discern among the various car types and their respective lap times.

Merry christmas,

Uwe

Art_Pereira likes this.
  6. hoover

hoover Registered

Some tracks added: Botniaring (various layouts), Dover 2016 oval and RaceRfactor Melbourne GP 2013.

7. hoover

hoover Registered

Hi folks,

please do some laps on the server "NRTservers.com" and we might have something in store for you over the course of the coming F1 season. I'm thinking of creating an "F1 2019" handicap ranking that follows the real F1 season, using the FISI 2012 car (do you have other suggestions?) and the fastest race laps of the real GP as a benchmark time to calculate your handicap from.

You would not need to upload your lap times as I've created a tool that exports them from the server replays (so tinkering would also be not as easy), just make sure your rF2 "online name" matches your online driver name. If your rF2 Rank real name matches the one you use online, it should get picked up automatically.

The export / import scripts aren't active yet, but if there is enough interest I'll try to set something up in time for the inaugural GP at Melbourne in a couple of weeks. The server is already online (and mostly lag-free since the last update), so feel free to do some laps there (session doesn't matter) and we'll have your lap time available for import & use with the new handicap ranking system.

All the best,

Uwe

Art_Pereira and Numrollen like this.
  8. hoover

hoover Registered

Some new Tracks have been added to the database:

Autodromo di Imola (3 layouts)

Lester Street Circuit (2 layouts)

Monza 1988 C4

Enjoy!

Uwe

Art_Pereira and jimagn like this.
  9. hoover

hoover Registered

PS: Formula E 2019 has also been added to the ranks.

All the best,

Uwe

Art_Pereira likes this.
  10. Karlis Vitols

Karlis Vitols Registered

do i need new acount op i can use existing gplrank acount? (grand prix legends gplrank)

11. hoover

hoover Registered

There used to be a function to migrate your gplrank account but I think I disabled that years ago... it might be easiest to create a new one (also makes sense because we're running on a completely separate DB backend now).

All the best, Uwe

12. Karlis Vitols

Karlis Vitols Registered

how old laptimes can be uplouded? seems it uplouds only some last ones

13. hoover

hoover Registered

How many .cch files do you have in your player directory? the create_career.exe should extract all the relevant lap times from all of the CCH files. Are you getting any error messages about invalid / corrupt entries?

All the best,

Uwe

14. Karlis Vitols

Karlis Vitols Registered

i created career file, but my some PB times were missing by upload.
    also, is there in one timetable drivers with no aids and drivers with steering help and other helps ON?

15. hoover

hoover Registered

No, we have no way to find out about the used driving aids at the moment. Same goes for track grip level, weather conditions etc.

BTW, I'm working on a system of extracting PB times directly from a server replay (it's mostly finished, but I've yet to bring it into production).

16. hoover

hoover Registered

PS: You can open the career.blt file in any text editor and check wether your times made it in there. Might also be missing car / track during upload.

17. hoover

hoover Registered

A few tracks have been added to the database:

• Sebring 12H Special Edition (SEBRING_12H_SPECIALEDITION)
    • Oschersleben MC (OSCHERSLEBEN_MC)
    • Monaco Formula E (MONACO_FE)
    • RaceRfactor Monaco GP (MONACO_GRAND_PRIX)
    • Sachsenring GP (SACHSENRING_GP)

cars added:

o Formula SimRacing 2019 (ACA)

All the best & enjoy,

Uwe

18. hoover

hoover Registered

The NTT IndyCar Series 2019 by Apex Modding has been added to the database.

Cheers, Uwe

19. Dave^

Dave^ Registered

Hi Uwe,

Is there anyway to implement choosing a random combination of car and track on your site so I have something to aim for?

I don't have much time so tend to jump in a practice session for some hotlaps, but there's so much content it's hard to find a good combination sometimes.

Quite annoying when I upload my times only to find the track or car is not listed so I have nothing to compare to. Not your fault obviously, as there are often multiple versions of the same tracks, etc.

Used to use your site for GPL rank back in the day, damn I'm getting old!

20. hoover

hoover Registered

Hello Dave,

I'm happy to hear you enjoy the ranks both new & old :)

We're always looking for help from people to add new cars & tracks, so if you have a bit of spare time let me know and I guess we could set something up.
    I agree though, the number of combinations is huge and some modders (including S397 I'm afraid) often use very generic car & track names which makes it hard to set up meaningful ranking schemes.

All the best, Uwe

Dave^ likes this.