[REL] rFactor2 Log Analyzer ver. 2. With offline and league Championship Manager

Discussion in 'Other' started by Nibo, Apr 15, 2015.

1. [LSF] Pierre

[LSF] Pierre Registered

Hi Nibo,
    the follow message is from google translate. sorry for my bad english.
    I currently have a championship in progress and we have entered the team names in the VEH files. But I have to change 2 team names afterwards. could you see if you could add an option to change a team even when the team option is set to automatic. right now I can switch to manual but suddenly I have to enter all the names in manual to change just two

2. Nibo

Nibo Registered

[LSF] Pierre, changing team name with automatic option will be hard to add. But you can edit log files in r2la, in "Results Viewer" select log file, press "clone to edit" button, then press "edit" for that cloned log and change team name. Then assign that edited file in your championship. You have to do this for both Qual and Race logs.

Alternatively, you can open both Qual log and Race log in some text/code editor and use find/replace feature to change that team names. Save changes to xml files and press "refresh" in r2la to pick up changes.

3. [LSF] Pierre

[LSF] Pierre Registered

OK, Nibo, it seems better than all manual. thx for tip, have a good day.
    and congratulations again for your work

4. TIago Santana

TIago Santana Registered

Hello @Nibo, first of all, thanks for your great work!! It very relevant for our comunity.
    I would like to ask, if it possible, to add a column with the values of max/top speed (better for every lap). It is the only thing I miss.
    Thanks again and congratulations for the excellent work.

5. Nibo

Nibo Registered

TIago Santana, xml files do not contain data for top speed, unfortunately.

6. TIago Santana

TIago Santana Registered

I'm sad to read this. Thanks for the answer.

Edit: But, if I'm not wrong, already exist a top speed column in "live" tab, or not? So isn't possible save that?

Last edited: Sep 19, 2022
  7. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Top speed in Live Timing is different, it comes live from Shared Memory plugin and only available live on that page. There is no way to add/mix live data to xml reports.

8. Myrvold

Myrvold Registered

@Nibo Do we have a chance to force it to recognize a practice/qual session as a race result? Looking to do some hillclimb, but that works best in practice mode, or qualifying.

9. DanRZ

DanRZ Registered

Hello, i have a request on the live timing ...

When players disconnect, their datas disappear on the live ttiming.

Would it be possible to keep them in display and always visible ? Only the best time for example.

I would like to visit it and see all of the results from the full "Testday" session for everybody who has connected in the "session".
    Today i need to wait for the end of the session or the shutdown of the server to see or compare results from eerybody.
    It would be great ...

10. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Myrvold, you can assign any session log file as race result in championship.

DanRZ, I get it, its theoretically possible, but practically it would be too much work, basically re-writing current live timing module. I can not do it, and not sure if I would succeed doing it. It would be much easier if rFactor itself stored/showed disconnected drivers data, it would then be available in plugin data stream automatically.

DanRZ likes this.
  11. Myrvold

Myrvold Registered

I tried to, but didn't get points for any other drivers than the one who were at the top. It's likely me doing something wrong though!

12. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Try setting "Classification distance" in Championship options to minimum, like 1 or 0.

Corti and Myrvold like this.
  13. Myrvold

Myrvold Registered

That did the trick! Awesomesauce! :)

Corti likes this.
  14. buzz hornet

buzz hornet Registered

@Nibo would it be possible to display the AI% for each session?

15. Nibo

Nibo Registered

I think optionally, yes. Do you mean percentage of AI drivers present in a session? I probably can put it in a header on session results tab, after date... Or in a log selector, but I'm not sure if I can put another column there.

buzz hornet likes this.
  16. buzz hornet

buzz hornet Registered

Yes percentage of AI drivers present in a session would be perfect. Don't mind where, but if its there somewhere it would be handy.

17. Nibo

Nibo Registered

buzz hornet, while doing this I remembered that "isPlayer" tag is not always reliable. Looking at my log files now, it sometimes shows some human players as AI in server logs. I don't know why rFactor is doing this. So keep this in mind if you see some players marked as AI and AI percentages off sometimes. There is no other way to say which driver is AI.

Updated to v2.1.010.
    • Added option "Show AI driver percentage in session header and AI icons near driver names in session results".

buzz hornet, Corti and DanRZ like this.
  18. buzz hornet

buzz hornet Registered

many thanks

19. DanRZ

DanRZ Registered

Hello, i have found a bug on the version 2.1.005.

If you drive two cars in one session, only the first is registered ...

I join a xml result file where i made two runs on the same session "Trackday".
    First with the Oreca 07 LMP2, and next with the Aston Martin Vantage GTE on the same session.
    Only the first, with the LMP2 registered ... The GTE results never showed in Results or records.

Is it a known bug fixed in later versions ?

Thanks.

I made a "patch", copy the xml file, renamed it to another hour,
    the removed the LMP2 part (<driver>...</driver> ) in it and the GTE result appeared ...

Attached Files:

20. Nibo

Nibo Registered

DanRZ, that is not a specific bug, but just how r2la works internally - driver name is his unique id in session. So if you join with the same name, but different cars, then only first block of data is showed. I can not change this. You can edit xml manually as you did, to see second driver block in this cases.

DanRZ likes this.