rFactor2 in two different PCs

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by javirulo007, Sep 20, 2014.

1. javirulo007

javirulo007 Registered

Hi everybody

Due to a business travel, I have to install the game in the laptop. However, although I put the login data and password, the game does not allow me to start. The game recognise my personal data and say Welcome Javier, but the three frames (single player, online player and Developer) turns into grey and don't start.

Is there any possibility to have rFactor2 installed in 2 different PCs? How must I do it?
    Best regards

2. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

3. kaptainkremmen

kaptainkremmen Registered

Go to Purchase Tab and Activate.

4. javirulo007

javirulo007 Registered

Really?
    It is my license and only one license is going to be active. While I am travelling, I will use the laptop installation, and when I am home the pc installation. There will not be any possibility to start the game simultaneously from two different PCs, but I need that two installations :(

5. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

You'll wear out your maximum activation-counts quickly and then have to contact ISI

6. javirulo007

javirulo007 Registered

I only need 2 activation (one for each PC)
    By the way, In my PC I have 3 installations (for doing test and modding). Do all 3 installations count as one activation or 3 activation?

7. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

All installations on same PC uses the same license-key, but you don't get several licenses, you just move it when (re)activating - but you are welcome to try... :)

8. javirulo007

javirulo007 Registered

If any case, I will inform you ;)

9. Bryan Birtwell

Bryan Birtwell Registered

I don't have his email here... but I would get in touch with Gjon. I don't think that IsI will give you a hard time about having it installed on two PCs as much as having a problem with the multiple IPs used on your LapTop.

I know (read; this has happened to me) that you will/would get a "fair warning" email from Gjon before anything happens.

I had an issue where I had installed the game at home while trying to get a server running. At the same time I was in Boston for an extended visit with my mom... anyways... long story short, I ended having the game 'installed' on 5 different computers at different IPs although I only raced on my home machine.

That being said... I believe that if you were to uninstall it from one computer, then re-installing it on the other you won't have any problems. Part of my issue was not uninstalling it from one computer before installing it on another.

IsI knows all. LOL.

Hope this helps,

Bryan

10. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Activating in Holland and in Italy with one account no probs :)

11. lagg

lagg Registered

I'm in the same case.
    I use the laptop to modding and the desktop to play for more than a year without any problem.

12. Max Angelo

Max Angelo Registered