Rfactor2 - In Game Sound Issue

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Craig Waddell, Dec 1, 2022.

1. John

John Registered

I have a different issue with sound in rf2. I use a Audio-Technica ATH-GDL3 that connects via the 3.5mm headphone socket on the front of my case.
    The Rf2 sounds in menu is perfect, and when I go in car it starts good as well, but after just 20 seconds of driving out the pit garage it starts to have a doppler like effect that just gets worse until it's just a fluttering noise 30 seconds later.
    Unplugging the headset and using my old Harmon Kardon sound sticks - plugged into the green audio out socket at the back (on the MB) and the sounds are 100% perfect.

Weird right?

Thing is when I run GT Legends, there is ZERO sound when using the headset and perfect sound using the speakers.

So must be the headset is bad or the front headphones socket is bad? Right? You would think.

But no. My headset works 100% perfectly with all other games, apps like media player and browsers like youtube etc. Windows 11.

It's doing my head in.

2. falconitage

falconitage Registered

only engine sound could not be heard, things get fixed when checking files with steam.

3. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

This may not be relevant to your sound issues but, I was experiencing audio issues for months but, only with a couple of titles. Game audio would degrade or stop working altogether in some cases. I tried using various soundcards (both PCIe and USB ext.) to no avail. However, as long as I used only the Mobo audio, the issues stopped but, the quality was not the same.

Finally, one day, I found an interesting suggestion in a Windows user forum related to PCIe settings in the system BIOS. It involved downgrading the PCIe systems to Gen3 in BIOS (Default set to Auto or Gen4). Since doing that, my audio has worked flawlessly, no matter which audio card I've tested, and I don't notice any detrimental effects with overall PC or SSD performance.

4. 8Ball

8Ball Registered

I have Audio Technica G1 with Sound Blaster X3 placed next to DD base.
    4 Metre USB to Orico 15 port hub across room. Good sound in rF2 very good in LMU
    Spatial mumbo jumbo does great job can hear the wind whoosh past even the road posts at Belgium.
    Close my eyes in pits I can point to every sound.