rfactor 2 with Reverb G2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GTClub_wajdi, Dec 3, 2020.

1. DJChrizz

DJChrizz Registered

2. Kelju_K

Kelju_K Registered

That AAx8 is possible due overclocking the card. x4 is possible without oc. That said i'm little disappointed on the overclocking potential of this particular red devil card. it seems to be lower end bin of these. dont really know what i paid the premium price for.. well it is what it is.
    But it's a shame as rf2 is one of the few titles that ACTUALLY benefits from overclocking the gpu. This has been true with all my nvidia cards aswell. Im actually looking to swap this card to 6900xt if i can find used/tested that is proven to oc well.

3. Kelju_K

Kelju_K Registered

Edited the 1080ti post. realized later that the steam vr SS% setting global and per game stack on top of each other.

4. DJChrizz

DJChrizz Registered

ah ok yes, this sounds better :) I don't use Steam SS 110%, I'm under 80% but good settings and 90 fps most time.
    No smoothness ? I use this motion smoothness, I test without. my player.json is not much different than yours.
    this reproyection opton in Win mixes Real. f. Steam have to turn off, every oversample to much cost FPS.
    I will try to OC my Gigyb. 2070 super OC, think there's not much space but a little perhaps I try with the MSI tool.
    Edit .. ok no smoothness Opion don't switch from 90 to 45 fps .. only from 90 sometimes to 85 or something. good!

With VR please test the Circuit D'Asur (Monaco) with the USF 2000 Racer. Oh my god, much fun and drive feeling :)

Last edited: Apr 19, 2021
  5. DJChrizz

DJChrizz Registered

it's a problem with the G2 and Nvidia RTX cards too.
    https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforc...-index-missing-dropped-frames-since-nvidia-d/
    I use now NVIDIA 456.71 and tuning a little, flash new Firmware on my RTX 3090 card. Works very nice now, all Details on max, only Raindrops low
    4 x AA and low Post Effects no sync
    90% SS in SteamVR and motion smoothing. sometimes 45 fps (Daytona GP) normal 90 fps fix
    the driving in rFactor 2 is awsome in VR now.