rfactor 2 release date

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by coops, Apr 21, 2011.

1. coops

coops Banned

i am new to rfactor. but everything im reading about rfactor2 is that ppl are very impatient but i do think they should be able to come up with some type of time frame on which it will be released like 2011 or 2012 for example. as with all the talk they must be close to being finished. i hope some1 from ISI will post a reply to this as then hopefully sim racers might be able to get some sleep lmao. also some pc requirements would be nice, and an idea on cost. well lets hope some1 knows and instead of complaining you all might be able to sleep better. lol

tyvm coops :)

2. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Release date not set. Cost not set. System requirements not set, but latest guess was in the Q&A we released and posted here in the forum recently.

3. theother5

theother5 Registered

Hey Coops ....

Fair questions you have however ....

.... most folks on here and in the rFactor community have asked these questions. ISI are aware of them and have answers consistantly the same as post #2 above. There was an existing expectation of Q4 2010 but obviously that passes ... and generally without any noise .... ISI acknowledged that other business priorities took top of the list. There is some silver lining to this dissappointment as we've been told that some of the more important work that ISI do may feed into rFactor2 !

Whilst there may well be impatience in the community, [and it's fair to call it that], it's controlled impatience in the most part. There is acceptance that ISI are working on it and will release when they have it is ready.... and no sooner.

Sure, we all want it now but we all know that the wait will have been worth it.

What ISI have released in Q&As helps position the game well in terms of PC requirements etc without being terribly specific. I would carefully set an expectation that I will NOT have to go out and build/buy a state of the art latest and greatest gaming PC to run rfactor2.

I don't know how new you are to rFactor but by now you hopefully have realised that rFactor [current release] offers plenty of fun and learning opportunities for the coming many months.

4. coops

coops Banned

tyvm guys im happy at the moment but just hearing alot of chat and thought no better place than ere 2 find out. coops:eek:

5. hoover

hoover Registered

Tim, what's that in the avatar picture? Have you reproduced yet *again*? ;-)

All the best,

Uwe

6. Jeffo696

Jeffo696 Registered

this is crazy, when it finally come out? :(

7. Spacekid

Spacekid Registered

When it´s done!;)

8. shum94

shum94 Registered

Whats with the silence lately ? I mean since the last preview (the ugly 370z). There is no more screenshots published.

Can't we have decent screens ? We had one screen at night, an outside cam one.

The discussion on the headlight is very intresting, i like to have some answers on that.

I wanna see an onboard cam screen at night, see how the headlights right now are in progress.

Any screens should be taken on full graphics full filtering in 1080p resolution.

9. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Yeah Tim, that avatar....when is the release date????

we demand awnsers!!!

10. JuanitoRPM

JuanitoRPM Registered

Nine months?... :p

11. michael1

michael1 Banned

i don't think we need rfactor 2 yet rfactor on its own is good. with graphics mod an some good tracks and cars rfactor can be as good as any new racing game i only use it for F1 racing and atm i have my mod F1 2011 cars all and more tracks than you get in a f1 ps3 game . so my setup=uptodate. i do not see how rf2 is going to be much better http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0oGFMmGb8k&feature=youtu.be&hd=1 rf1 in HD

Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2011
  12. Spacekid

Spacekid Registered

You think so, but we don´t! :)

13. dragon

dragon Registered

Yes, you're right does not potrzebnuje better graphics. But I want improved physics, dynamic weather and road surfaces, and improved tire physics. The rest does not interest me.

14. michael1

michael1 Banned

15. simfan

simfan Registered

Those are only visual effects.

We need completely new tire model, new physic engine, track surface improvements.

16. theother5

theother5 Registered

No question rFactor is still a favourite .... DTM 2010 mod being my chosen way to lose a few hours simming!!!

Graphics and immersion is dated now and given today's tech capability, there's a need I would say to take that step up for ISI. How important it is for ISI is probably from them to answer but relevance in their market probably needs it too I'm guessing.

So why just do the graphics mod .... when as stated, there are tyres, weather and so on to improve also.

A graphics update to rFactor alone would not be enough imho.

An across the board update set [as rF2 appears to be] on the other hand is worth the wait even if we're waiting for most of 2011 ... [speak for myself there I guess!!]

17. michael1

michael1 Banned

i have 3 graphics mods for rf

18. dragon

dragon Registered

19. michael1

michael1 Banned

no what you are looking at is thunder an lightning not dynamic. most people online dont even have a system powerfull enough to run rfactor let alone rf2

20. Lenniepen

Lenniepen Registered

@michael1
    You've done some community research? Cool, can we see it? :)