rFactor 2 Minimalist UI Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Eduard Mallorquí, Apr 2, 2014.

1. Paul_Ceglia

Paul_Ceglia Registered

I make notes with my setups, I can't find notes in the setups. Is this part of the UI or am I missing something. UI is beautiful BTW where can I donate?

2. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

3. Paul_Ceglia

Paul_Ceglia Registered

Right, thanks. That sucks. Ill have to get a note pad no biggie ;)

4. mavericckk

mavericckk Registered

5. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Great stuff, easy to switch what more could you ask for, sky is the limit hey :cool:

I much rather static menus, no movies or different designs.
    Great that you won't have to edit files to use the Ui you want with particular mods.

OT

I would like ISI to design setup menu available before booting a session.
    Would be handy if it could retain current setup changes after leaving a room that could be saved before closing the launcher, maybe even a warning.

You could play and look at new setups, give you something to do and look at while waiting for a room to open. :)

6. mavericckk

mavericckk Registered

don't find the compare setup button online ,it's very important.

7. Domi

Domi Registered

8. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I would assume they never concentrated on colour or themes.

Like ISI left it up to community to produce the UI, why not leave it up to the community to produce UI custom themes. ? :)

My preference would be for a nice iridescent blue with silver accent, easy on the eyes. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2014
  9. Luis Armstrong

Luis Armstrong Banned

Many thanks. Great UI.

10. Golanv

Golanv Registered

Love it. Thank you.

11. Eduard Mallorquí

Eduard Mallorquí Banned

http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/resources/rfactor-2-minimalist-hd-ui.2019/

12. mixer61

mixer61 Registered

And the french translation is missing !

13. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Superb work, love the design, nice easy flow to it....but as it's "noted" that it's missing may I please ask the next version includes the Setup Notes section. Seems strange to do away with an area that many people use, it was a godsend when first introduced by ISI as it keeps notes neat an tidy without countless pages of scribbled text on a notepad that you end up losing!
    And yes it's only a small thing but for that simple reason alone I wont use this UI on a regular basis :(

plus finally and again aimed at ISI, please look into introducing Controller.ini & player.plr items into the base UI with a simple "Save and reload" option in game, thanks.

14. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

I'm not even sure anymore... lol! Had a good long session yesterday and actually started liking it quite a bit.
    The look and feel is really nice. As you said, loading times in the menus seem more fluid.

What I don't like is that "next session", "finish session", "restart session" etc. is hidden under "voting". This seems bizarre to me.
    MP and SP getting a little too mixed together.

15. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

Looks great (on mobile right now), wonder if it has been made "tripple screen friendly" ?

16. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

17. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

I will echo the needing to push Voting to get to session controls is bizarre...as in I have no idea what logic could suggest that. Notes are essential, of course. Perhaps a slight bit of colour/tone variation more than exists now. But overall it is WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!!!! Especially given that the creator was stuck with the current restrictions of not being able to add items that aren't in the original UI.

Based on how good this is upon first release, I am sure the small problems will get addressed and that many people, including me, will be using it as their only UI. It will take quite an effort to come out with something so dramatically better that I would want to switch from this (once it is tweaked to address the known issues).

18. stonec

stonec Registered

It's all a matter of space. For example in UI as in Assetto Corsa you can scroll down to find new options, but rF2 is limited to static view, which limits the available space. I'm not sure where setup notes or vote buttons would go with the current design. I already see a lot of buttons on the main view.

19. RJames

RJames Registered

Its great imo, although i did ditch the formula car in favor of a GT car.

Really great job!

20. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

We had a compare setup button???
    I never even noticed that lol, sounds pretty great :)

As for buttons placement like the voting, I joined a few servers last night and there was quite a bit of voting going on, with the new UI I got used to it pretty soon.
    I think a big portion of initial hickups we experience is purely because its new and we haven't spend much time with it yet. in a few weeks most of the buttons are in our memory and with a bit of luck things become effortless.
    The garage button for example, its way up on the other end, but so what? once you know it well those few extra pixels you have to drag your mouse over wont hurt a bit imo. pretty soon you will find it blindfolded.

As for setup notes Eduard, you already auto-resize the viewer with livetiming, it becomes smaller when using it, so perhaps that is a space-saver for some features? it works quite well with livetiming so why not with other stuff?
    And the preview window is big enough as it is! :)
    Heck, it could even be an indicator, as soon as you press garage your preview window becomes smaller, it shows where you are/what you where doing just by the size of the preview, and you know you're out of garage when its bigger again (because that's one of the things I noticed, a bit confusing at times in which category I am in)
    Plus most people are not using the preview window when in garage or otherwise so it wont matter too much how big it is when we are fiddling with buttons.

anyways, time to put some money in my paypal account for the donation.
    Take a well deserved break :)