rFactor 2 Minimalist UI Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Eduard Mallorquí, Apr 2, 2014.

1. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

Didn't downloading it yet (I do registration only partially and if I can avoid, I prefer). In any case, great work from what I can see around! :)

I agree with Foxiol, having a minimalist way to know the selected combo will be great IMHO.

Thanks a lot for this new UI which bring rF2 to an upper level! :) and thanks ISI to allow also UI modding! :)

2. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Just when I was feeling good about rF2...

Installed the new UI and the sim won't launch at all. ??? Went in to Mod Manager and noticed the default UI was installed and the new one, too, so maybe I should uninstall the default. Still won't launch. Realize that I would likely have to select the new UI from inside the sim, so I should put the original back and get rid of the new one as a test. The original is now no longer in the list, even though I only uninstalled it, not deleted it. Now I likely have no UI for the sim to load, so big surprise if it doesn't launch. Although that doesn't explain the initial lack of launch after just installing the new UI and not using it yet.

Why is the original UI not in the list waiting to be reinstalled? How does one get it back without going through some annoying reinstall of everything?

Thanks in advance for any help.

3. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

@Marc, possible solution from post #27:

4. Prodigy

Prodigy Registered

It think you can't reinstall back the original UI, it doesn't come in packages folder, it happened to me too once before. I have just installed the lite rf2 version over that one with missing UI.

5. Eduard Mallorquí

Eduard Mallorquí Banned

If you need to reset the default UI for whatever reason you can just check that box in the rFactor Launcher.

View attachment 12215

6. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

:)

7. fluffert

fluffert Registered

Where are the Finish Session & Next Session buttons?? - Can't see them anywhere !!

Looks terrific, by the way!

8. kimikaze

kimikaze Registered

I like overall design a lot, great job. I have no right to complain, but one minor thing :)

[​IMG]

9. Eduard Mallorquí

Eduard Mallorquí Banned

You are right, the setup notes are missing but is because garage is already very tight and I don't have more space.

I already have some plans for this, but I wanted to release it before FSR starts the season. I guess I will do some improvements in that area in a next update.

I will see what I can do, but like the setup notes it's more a matter of design issue.

I will look into that but take into consideration that making such big changes involves a lot of time, it is not easy or fast at all to redesign pages like that. Also I have been working with this UI for more than a month and I need some time to rest and take a break, it has been a very intense month of hard work.

Press the voting button below the chat.

I already made some suggestions, but ISI usually follows his own road trip so we will see.

10. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

love it, very nice and gives rf2 a very up to date look, nice colour as well so it's not a strain on the eyes

just 1 thing is it possible to switch off the faint picture of silverstone with the formula car on it on the first screen???
    if poss I'd prefer just as minimal as possible with no picture

EDIT:

(p,s please don't take this as moaning, I'm very much appreciate your hard work on this)

11. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

it's ok to click "voting " button as this keeps the voting selections hidden unless their needed + more space for the cam screen

12. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

I think he means the fact that location wise, the button to access other sections are far apart and a little less convenient.

For myself, "garage" button is far away from the garage menu when clicked on. Then to get back the live timing you have to go all the way back to the other side and juggle between the two.

13. kimikaze

kimikaze Registered

Yes it's ok to click voting, but really this cam screen really isn't that important, that we can't sacrifice a few % of cam screen for more "direct" control. Specially in single player where we have nothing really to vote, as we are "Zeus" hehe. But i guess is down on personal preference.

Eduard: Thnx on reply and don't worry. I can imagine redesign can take a lot of time, so take a well deserved rest. You probably dreaming this design by now when you go to sleep hehe. This was just my observation and if it is too much work, i say don't do redesign, because then definitely is not worth because is minor thing in the end. Otherwise i love your job. Real talent you have :)

14. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

That assumes it hasn't been uninstalled. There should not be an option in the Mod Manager to uninstall it if it can't be re-installed as a component the way everything else can.

15. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

What is the name of the new UI? Mine still has the now non-existent original one (as in the example). I could try changing it to the new one in .PLR before I resort to a reinstall.

Thanks

16. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

OK, I think this may have nothing to do with the new UI. I restored the original UI from my weekly backup. The .PLR still had it referenced (since rF2 wouldn't start). Still won't start.

It was working a few hours previously. Have never had issues starting the sim--ever. It just ignores the command to start when you click on the image even though the image registers a click in the normal way (graphically). I'll have to assume this would have happened had I not tried to install the new UI. New UI is uninstalled and removed from packages folder. Old one shows up properly in Mod Manager.

So what causes are there for complete and sudden non-starting? ...when it was working fine since version whatever the first release was?

17. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

@Mark
    You don't have to reinstall rf2, just install rf2Lite over your current install and the default UI will return so you can select it again.

@Eduard
    When you watch sector times the fastest lap is not highlighted in a different colour as it used to be, makes it hard to quickly compare sectors with other drivers.

The button in chat which enables us to unlock chat (to scroll chat) is missing here. its used allot by admins and others, would be great to see it return.

Just a few notes, don't see them as criticism please, I assume you would want to know these things :)

As for setup notes missing, ah well, it was handy but pen & paper work just as well.

18. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Mark have you tried Configure Sim, it seems to set things straight when changes where done, like drivers, maybe also for this thingy.

19. Radar

Radar Registered

Have to agree with Tim, great job.

20. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Ignore my problem. It is solved by restoring from backup. Resolved...we'll never know what caused it...