rFactor 2 Build 982 Now Available

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Jul 1, 2015.

1. Justy

Justy Registered

You're welcome, hope it sorts it for you.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

2. schigara

schigara Registered

https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/380/19508147031_14bddeaf83_z.jpg

Look at the image and see the setting above the red circled area is a option called "Vehicle Set". I had nothing directly below that setting. I am not referring to Vehicle Setup page.

Anyway, it is resolved now. The red circled area on my game now has the FFB Min Torque where before it was blank like in the previous build.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2015
  3. Justy

Justy Registered

Nice one! Glad you got it sorted. :)

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

4. MarcG

MarcG Registered

haha yeah that'd explain my lack of caring for that option as I've always used the RCD route to get the "spread" I've wanted, hence not noticing the wording!
    I'll have a proper play with it one day, no time now.

5. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

I did some Laps with the AI and played with the AI Limiter Slider.

My settings where: Strength 99%, Aggression: 21%, AI Limiter 30%

URD T5 & Road America

In Session Practice i was on the AI`s Pace. In Session Qualify the AI`s where up to 3 Seconds! faster, than in the Practice Session. It would be really appreciated, to get more Information about this Slider...

6. MarcG

MarcG Registered

It's always best to test with ISI Mod & Car and one test isn't going to show you much, you need to do at least two races with different Limiter %

If I had time my test would be:

ISI Car & Track with same Real Road (noting that it could vary each race slightly)
    3 Qualify & Races at 0%
    3 Qualify & Races at 50%
    3 Qualify & Races at 100%

But then you have to take into account the varying differences in the AI results as not every race is the same (as it was it would be boring!), then factor in whether a Human is racing them and the differences included there-in. As ever there's a ton of variables and no two races are ever the same.

7. Ho3n3r

Ho3n3r Registered

Maybe someone in the know would respond here, since the 946 thread is a bit dead, except for the few good guys who tried their best to help.

Build 946 - where can we find it? We have a race on Sunday, and a few new guys have joined who have already updated to 982, but they need to downgrade to 946.

Tim? Anyone?

Thanks in advance.

8. Andy Bonar

Andy Bonar Registered

Available somewhere in dev corner i think....

9. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Check your PM`s...

10. Ho3n3r

Ho3n3r Registered

Thanks mate. Just found it somewhere else though. ;) One of the league members uploaded it now.

11. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

How is this different from 90% of track and car combinations in rF2 and for the last 10 years of rF1? Hint: it isn't.

12. javirulo007

javirulo007 Registered

Hi All
    I am trying to update from 946 to 982.
    I normally use the update option but always download the full content archive (1GB more or less).
    But with this Build, I can not find the download option for content file.
    Can anybody show me where I can find the full content file of Build 982?

13. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Content? Why?
    You have it in your Packages folder.

14. javirulo007

javirulo007 Registered

I think you did not understand me.
    What i am looking for is for the full file. I want to download the full file of rF2. Not the lite file.

15. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

It is not available for this version (See in the first post, there N/A)

16. Isosceles Kramer

Isosceles Kramer Registered

I haven't really paid attention to it before but I think it would be more intuitive if the graphics in garage said "TOE OUT / IN" (instead of "TOE IN / OUT"), and here's why. If you set toe to 0 and click left adjustment setting (minus) you're setting the toe out, and the other way around for toe in. Might seem insignificant but it could be more intuitive for the beginners.

17. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

AI Limiter is there since rF1, now they put a slider in the game.

AILimiter = 1 - the game core will artificially limit the race leader performance in order to create a "closer" race. Less field spreading.
    AILimiter = 0 - there's no limiting at all, if you have drivers and cars that are much faster than others than the field will spread quickly.

And then you have the graduation between both.

I always use AILimiter=0 (real AI performances).

18. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Don't forget about "AI Mistakes". It's absolutely fabulous seeing AI's lock a brake, run wide, oversteer, etc. What I think makes it even more fantastic - and I'm just assuming here - is that the mistakes aren't totally random but rather based on the AI's qualities, for e.g., their "composure" stats, aggression stats, and all those other stats you can tune to differentiate and give each AI their own "personality".

On top of that, there are many lines - not just in the player.json file but also in each individual A.I. driver's files - to really do some serious A.I. work if one wanted to but all that's for a different thread.

19. Emery

Emery Registered

edit: WHAT I WROTE BELOW IS ALL WRONG. My old mind must be confusing things, but I'll leave it there for posterity. As most probably know, Satangoss has the correct answer. Just use something in the 0%-10% range depending on how bunched you want the field, though 25% might be appropriate for ovals.

As I recall, the AILimiter scales the oscillator that causes AI to cycle between the limits of their capability as defined by the track's AIW file combined with the driver's speed in the RCD file. 1 means that they will use the full variability defined in the track's AIW and 0 means they won't have any variability (apart from the intentional AI mistakes variable and traffic).

Basically, setting AILimiter = 0 means the AI won't have moments of surging for a couple laps and then falling off pace for a couple laps. In that regard, then you've removed some of the "humanness" from the system which is why I usually have AILimiter in the 0.05-0.25 range.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2015
  20. TOCA2FREAK

TOCA2FREAK Registered

Update:
    This seems to be only the case with Silverstone. Anyone else having long camera shots on Silverstone?