rfactor 2 beta video's

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SKeijmel, Jan 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Corsa Cup WIP at MSR

2. baked bean

baked bean Registered

Cheers TJC, since trackir turned up friday ive been getting more used to it after finding the right settings, it feels so natural when you enter a corner being able to see the line all the way through. Its a game changer for me especially in il2 cliffs of dover i actually shot someone down on Saturday lol

3. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Great video baked... I've been thinking of trackIR myself, but I've had my doubts... Isn't it easy to get disorientated? :p
    I've been thinking of triplescreen but that's more expensive and will probably kill my GPU. I have a good GPU (Radeon 7970) but I'm afraid it won't be enough for rF2 the fps killer ;)

So trackIR may be the best solution for me, especially now when I'm racing in a league... it's hard to keep an eye on all opponents and I definitely don't want to cause an accident.

What did it cost and was it hard to set up to work with rF2?

4. tjc

tjc Registered

Yeh I`ve seen a good few videos with head tracking in operation and as I`ve said, it does look really good and definitely something I`d like to try out in the future. Must be great with the flight sims too...

I went over to your profile to see what screens(s) you had and had a really good chuckle at this bit:

"INTERESTS:
    Watching Murder she wrote in my underpants whilst knocking back diamond whites, good times."

:D

5. tjc

tjc Registered

I`ve googled trackir Hedlund and from a very quick look they range from £100 - £150 ish...

:)

6. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Yeah thanks but I've already ordered one... impulse buying? :rolleyes:
    Found it in some swedish sim flight webshop. Maybe a bit more expensive but who cares :rolleyes:

I hope it arrives before the weekend so I can get used to it before Sunday's F2 race at Putnam.

7. baked bean

baked bean Registered

Cheers dude, i was on the fence myself but so glad i got it now, being able to check whats going on around you with a flick of the head is priceless (although it dosnt help other drivers stupidity;)) It was easy to get going, plugged it in downloaded the latest version from the website and installed it in under 5 mins. When i loaded rf2 it worked straight away without changing a thing, though i had to make some changes in plr file because when looking left and right the angle was not enough, i wanted it so i could look almost behind me, but that was a quick fix.
    As for disorientation Ive had none in rf2, if any thing its after playing for a bit irl i'll move my head and the world dont move twice as quick lol but its minimal and i most likely wont notice it after a while.

8. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Hi Hedlund, the HD7970 is enough to run 3 fullhd monitors! I have a single HD7950 Flex edition and I run 3 24' fullhd monitor without any problem!
    trust me, a triple screen setup, when you try it, you will never go back!!!!!!!

9. baked bean

baked bean Registered

lol yeah ive a different screen now 27 inch asus, which my youngest child ruined chucking coins around after having it just a day lol, bless her. :)

10. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Okay, but what resolution and graphics settings? Because I can barely run rF2 smooth with 1 screen and max graphics (except shadows), I have 13.1 drivers... Haven't looked for drivers in a while but I don't except a huge difference anyway :confused:

11. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

@Hedlund: with my HD7950 I use that is slightly less powerfull than the HD7970 that you have, I run with 5760*1080 and I have a smooth 30-55 fps with 18-20 AI!
    When I race offline, I have every thing on max, except opponents cars on medium and shadows on high! I have HDR ON, sun occlusion ON, road reflection ON, environment reflection ON... and I AA-4!
    Without HDR I can regain about 10-13fps!
    Look, driving with a single monitor is like driving in the tunnel! now when I try to drive with one screen I can't even drive and with 3 screens you can go faster and have more controll in your race, specially when you have to overcome or when you are battling with others racers!
    It changes totaly your sim-life!:)

12. baked bean

baked bean Registered

I had my heart set on tripples at one point, only funds held me back until i heard about the oculus rift, waiting to see how that pans out before a choice is made.

13. kaptainkremmen

kaptainkremmen Registered

@bb Have you looked at the 'glance rate' in the plr? It looked like the tracking was stuggling to keep up with your head movement. (try cranking the value right up)

With RF2 running in DX9 it means you can use SoftTH to get any random screens hooked up. I have a 27" at 1920x1080 and two 1440x900

Trackir and triples is awesome. This is running on a GTX580 :)

14. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Awesome... that's a good solution in kaptainkremmen's video, 1 big screen and 2 smaller... it should improve fps a bit, shouldn't it? Instead of having 3 big screens?

Well, soon I'll have trackIR at least, then we will see if I'll go for triplescreen too. It looks very nice indeed.

15. tjc

tjc Registered

Only thing I can see that`s maybe a bit of a pain(?) is that the smaller screens obscure the view of the rear view mirror a little but yes... it does look good.

16. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Lol me too. Bb you should be getting royalties lol.

17. baked bean

baked bean Registered

Cheer Kaptain, ill look in to that later :)

18. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

One thing I loved about triples is that I felt a much better sense of elevation although I also got that with a large screen. Now that I am back to smaller and single screen I notice the difference easily.

19. kaptainkremmen

kaptainkremmen Registered

It runs at about 4852x1080 . I just used some screens I had lying around, originally I had 1440x900 , 1920x1080 and 1280x1024 running together. :)

SoftTH lets you configure all the offsets etc. If I put some books under the outside monitors I could get the top edges lined up and the software will let me compensate so the image is correct. With Trackir I can have a look anytime :)

The tracker was mounted on my camera which was on a tripod. The looking around thing is a lot more intuitive when you are actually doing it.

fyi Multiview doesn't like odd sized screens. My video has mutiview off and all the screens in line.

Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2013
  20. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

While he was repairing the roof, the house owner at the Burnenville corner decided to lay roof shingles down the wall to protect it from rain...car rain.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.