Rfactor 2 Beta - A comprehensive constructive review.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hiohaa, Jan 15, 2012.

1. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

The OP says sounds aren't up to standard in any sim. lol. ;)

2. Guineapiggy

Guineapiggy Registered

Here's one anyone who has tried to mod it will know - sound engineering is black magic. RF does not have a great sound engine to start with but there is a certain dark art to producing good samples that only a few people know. They go to remote mountain monasteries to learn it and are sworn to secrecy.

3. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Do they have to be Dragon born?

4. Guineapiggy

Guineapiggy Registered

That... it all makes sense now!

5. nuggetz

nuggetz Registered

So, since we're all beta testing and providing feedback, is there a mechanism in place to tell us which issues/improvements/suggestions ISI have agreed to address? That would be sweet.

BTW, just wanted to say thanks to ISI for 1960's formula cars. Haven't had this much fun since GPL.

6. HuntTheShunt

HuntTheShunt Registered

Thanks for proving me wrong :) As a software developer, I can appreciate the pressures and conflicting priorities that developers have placed on them.

Despite what seem to be negative comments here and there most of us are rFactor fans and really hope you can get rF2 right.
    I look forward to the tyre model corrections/updates/improvements.
    The suspension FFB is stunning.

Overall, we are trying to provide constructive feedback.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2012
  7. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

If I would bet, I would chose 'no chance to inform us at all'. There were a lot of unanswered topics including Q&A or Wishes. Any feedback? None. Sad but true. There is no road map, todo list, schedule or something like this (at least released to public). Any question end up with answer 'will be when ready'.
    I wouldn't expect any more. I suggest to wait and check any new release for new features.

8. THracing

THracing Registered

Dunno if this contributes to anything in this thread but, I am a Super Gas/Super Comp Dragracer. When I line up, the engine roars like hell and it's the only sound I can hear, every other sound is of course muted compared to the sound of the engine, but about half track (1/8), the whine of the transmission & rear end takes over and all I hear is the high pitch sound when speeding thru the speed trap. No bass at all with my 540" at least... The reason for the "whine" is because you use a softer alloy for both ring & gears plus a little more end play compared to a daily driven car.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2012
  9. PLAYLIFE

PLAYLIFE Registered

I'd be interested on reading the thoughts of hiohaa on the changes that Build 60 update brought.

10. fastfezzer

fastfezzer Registered

Great review. Spot on.