rFactor 2 Armed with a BIG Announcement for Simracing Expo

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Magus, Sep 15, 2016.

1. bwana

bwana Registered

I believe the marketing to the Eurpean users will be a major incentive of the agreement as will more features such as a new Ui , modding tools,and licensing made easier and with more capital injection from the deal itself . All adding up to more sales = $$... lets hope anyway

2. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

Same feeling here, please don't go back to rF1 model, but help and document the rF2 one, the main difference in physics & feeling between rF1 & rF2 are tyres, so keep them like they are !!!

3. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I think there's a few ways to look at it, without being an expert on all things business these are purely armchair guesses:

- (A) Improvement of the Sim means a fresh/new/overdue Marketing Campaign which means new buyers
    - (B) A DLC approach, they've already mentioned getting more content out quickly so this could be a possibility
    - (C) An iRacing style design

(A) I think is a given, those that have always said "urgh RF2 looks graphically poor!" will have new optimism once the DX11 engine upgrades are brought in and they maybe finally tempted to purchase, that along with the underlying solid base that RF2 has where it is arguably one of the best Sims out there for AI, FFB, Physics etc should be enough to tempt those as well as fresh new racers.

(B) I also think will happen, I know ISI alluded to DLC in the past so that's not to say that Studio397 will do the same, but as other companies have done it with success I can't see why this wouldn't be on the table. Especially with the hint that we'll get Full Series alongside regular individual car/track releases - for a Full Series you can charge that bit extra to gain better income, if the first one works then keep on doing the same and that would mean a source of income.

(C) It would take a lot of work to get something like an iRacing concept out there, but not knowing Luminis at all they may already be well on the road with something like this. The advantage to a similar system is that they can learn from iRacings mistakes and really improve this model of releasing content to the public.

(D) Not to forget that Studio397 is working on RF2 but it's just a small part of the whole Luminis Company, so they'll have other revenue streams elsewhere (much the same as ISI have).

Personally for me I think (A) & (B) are the most likely options, but if they were to go down the (C) route I'd be happy with that and will be interested to see how it works.

4. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

5. bravotangosix

bravotangosix Registered

It's also on page 6 of this very thread! ;-)

Hope MarcG doesn't mind me quoting him quoting Marcel Offermans!

@MarcG

To clarify on the rf1 tire model comment (hope Marcel doesn't mind me copying this here from RD):

Marcel Offermans

If I may clarify my thoughts here a bit, as I feel there might be some misunderstanding:

The tyre model in rF2 is a great and really advanced model and our physics guys (Michael and Marek) obviously get great results with it. We will not drop it at all. In fact all current and future car physics we make will continue to use this model. You probably have seen the recent blog series about the BT44B that explains a lot about this model.
    We are considering allowing the rF1 tyre model as an option for specific cars because we are aware that certain highly respected physics gurus get great results out of that model based on the models and data they have for real world cars.
    In fact, in the future, if other tyre models emerge, we could consider integrating those as an option as well. The main thing to remember is that we're trying to be an open platform to the community. Yes, we are committed to providing the most realistic simulation. That will never change.

link:
    http://www.racedepartment.com/thread.../#post-2310745

6. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

some of the 397 team are enthusastic sim racers and also active iracing members

rf2 will be getting a much needed certain type of update ( dx11 / VR perhaps new interface etc ) , I'll be happy to steer towards online leagues and rf2 to be my no.1 race sim

i have a feeling that rf2 will be right up there at the top of the tree once 397 have done their stuff, the ISI built core physics, ffb, dynamic sound & lighting are unbeatable

roll on VR support (-: