rFactor 2 and McLaren - World’s Fastest Gamer!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, May 23, 2017.

1. Jego

Jego Registered

So, when will the first race be and were can we watch it?

2. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Registered

thanks for the reply, the future does look exciting, have been hanging out for the UI, not sure why but I have. Would also like to see some more tweaks to get more fps in dx11. I'm sure they will come but it have just been quiet on this front since the wfg and even a bit before that. Will just take time I guess.

3. Trev Rich

Trev Rich Registered

For me, I'm not that quick, so what's the point in entering the comp?
    Maybe that's what many drivers feel?
    There are so many very very quick drivers and the times being put in are alien.
    I'm never going to achieve those times so what's the point?

The thing that is going to attract more users to RF2 is to have a an iRacing based race system, go online, and join a race where there's many people racing.
    That's the ONLY attraction to iRacing. Hop in and race (In my humble opinion of course.)

patchedupdemon, Nimugp and AlanK like this.
  4. ceecee

ceecee Registered

August in Europe is traditionally vacation month and normally very little gets done .

5. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Enjoying the comp.

Pretty sure a flurry of updates & optimisations including new UI will come pre-winter months
    ( Oct/Nov -ish )
    win win , we've never had it so good

David Kolody likes this.
  6. Mulero

Mulero Registered

SteamSpy I do not think it's very accurate. It is based on the number of players and the libraries of the Steam public profiles to make an approximation of the copies sold. It is not very accurate but it is the only thing there is worth to get a slight idea of the sales, base of players ....

As for the rest ... I do not think we can come to an agreement. We each have our opinion so I do not think there is anything else to say on this subject. S397 are the only ones who know how good or bad it has gone, we can only make assumptions about numbers that are not even accurate.

7. babu76

babu76 Registered

Sorry guys, where do I see the result of the first round of the qualification?

8. Mulero

Mulero Registered

You're really giving me the reason. If you already know that you will not win because you would pay for the car? The same as you think many people think and this has been reflected in the participation.

I do not know how competitive you are, but in my case, if I had participated in the competition I would have done my best, even if I had only been worth to stay last. Although this I guess depends on the character of each.

Just out of curiosity, he did not participate in the competition because he was not going to win but he wants a system like iRacing where he could lose a race every hour ???

David Kolody and Guimengo like this.
  9. Davvid

Davvid Registered

Same question. Nowhere to be found. Pretty amateurish.

peterchen likes this.
  10. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen Registered

Kelju_K, Davvid, Matty28 and 2 others like this.
  11. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Registered

did not know that, why August? What is the occasion?

12. MikeyMan

MikeyMan Registered

Anyone else running into the issue that Rfactor will only feature the mclaren and silverstone after entering the competition?

13. Filip

Filip Registered

Summer time!

ceecee likes this.
  14. xGerhardsax

xGerhardsax Registered

15. bwana

bwana Registered

H
    Hoping to release a beta in next few hours

16. Matty28

Matty28 Registered

So who gets to participate in round 2 then? The top 20?

17. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

Speaking for myself, I have the same reason not to enter. I don't have any chance. I think the fastest I have done was 2:01.5 or something. I'm not willing to spend hours and hours to give it my best if I know that it won't be enough, and also not willing to enter such thing while not giving it my best. And last, but not least, I'm not into hotlapping, I don't mind doing some laps alone sometimes, but I usually get bored with it very quick. I want to race other people, no matter if at the front, middle or back of the pack (well, rather up front :p ) but it is the racing itself I like. So why would I enter a competition in which I would have to do something I don't really like, while standing no chance. I rather spend my precious time on something I do like ;)

Gaboni, Obbzy_XR_ and Eric Rowland like this.
  18. Emery

Emery Registered

Believe we all can try to qualify again and a new top 20 are chosen. The overall winner for rF2 is chosen by the points collected in the 4 races and then proceeds to the intergame finale & interviews.

Matty28 likes this.
  19. Emery

Emery Registered

Some other reasons not to enter:
    1) You don't have a current passport so even if you won, you don't meet the qualifications to enter the competition.
    2) The prize, a career at McLaren, is not attractive to you, so winning this competition is meaningless.
    3) You're not old enough.
    4) Your internet connection is not suitable for online competition (bandwidth, lag, or cost).
    5) You have the driving ability, but you have no idea how to make a setup so even if you wanted to work for McLaren, they wouldn't hire you for the purposes of this competition.
    6) There is another online competition that has your attention at this moment.

I know I didn't originally intend to enter WFG for several of the reasons above and others have already elaborated on. However, the idea of how the human factor works, the opportunity to see the results shift & change as time marched on and my place in them became too attractive to pass up. It is rare that we get to see competition results on such a large scale and an even more rare occurrence to record the ebbs & flows of human talent that entering WFG ended up being worthwhile to me.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2017
    Ho3n3r, Kelju_K, bwana and 4 others like this.
  20. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Go in game and select All Cars/Tracks then Accept