rF2 vs GSC2013

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by Thor, Nov 14, 2013.

1. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

GSC:

The Good- the sounds, tracks, cars- all of it are VERY high quality, well done, fantastic! It has the best AI racing I have ever experienced with rF1. the content of this sim is superb, just amazing work. I hope they make a GSC version in rF2!

The Bad: It's the best mod to ever come out for rF1 (yes, I'm sorry HistoriX, GSC is a better rF1 mod than yours- but the saving grace is that GSC is NOT OFFICIALLY a mod for rF1, so you guys still hold the top spot ;-) but it came out at the very end of the life cycle for rF1. The new gen of sims is here, but GSC is from the old gen and feels like it.

The Ugly: No rain, it is rF1. No dynamic line, ancient tire model, no flat spotting, static car and track. It has rF1 graphics (albeit, terrific rF1 graphics) and looks it.

2. liebestod

liebestod Registered

This video is great. It should be mandatory viewing for anyone who ever doubts that rF is still worthy of consideration as one of the most sophisticated sims available. I'm going to watch them all.

3. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

This is pretty much my main and only visual problem with RF2... too many tracks - even ISI stuff like Silverstone and Sepang - looks greenish to the point of cartoon style. feels3 and some other track maker manages to get around it somehow...

That F3 sound in the video is something else... absolutly perfect.

4. Saabjock

Saabjock Registered

+1

Engine and chassis sound (especially on the rumble strips) is nice.
    The only other video I've looked at for any of Reiza's titles was a lap of Interlagos (don't remember the title) and it also was great.
    I'm waiting for the Senna based game.

5. Matt Sentell

Matt Sentell Registered

The highlighted bit is the real problem. I know there are other sims struggling with this and I suspect ISI themselves have to take educated guesses on certain elements. That being said, I personally don't find any major differences in tire performance and car handling between rF2 and GSC. rF2 of course brings advanced thermal modeling and wear/abrasion to the table, but I'm talking about the force generation. I can go back and forth between the two sims and be at my ultimate pace within 10 or 15 minutes, whereas going to other sims requires a longer period of adaptation. That tells me they're fairly similar in their physics outcomes even though they get there in totally different ways. Most of the difference is in the feedback, both audio and FFB, but it isn't a big difference IMO.

6. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

I can notice the difference, particularly on how the tyres grip/ungrip. I love Game Stock Car but I really want them to go with the RF2 engine. Niels has been playing with the NSX alot so I think the Senna game will still be RF1 based, but then I think it said the Senna game will be using a new engine so then it can't be RF1, unless Reiza pull a simbin and get the right to modify the core base of the engine??? Very hard to say, but I'm definitely excited for the Senna game (and for the full official release version of Game Stock Car 2013).

7. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

I find I have better feel with GSC because of the FFB and feel from every car on every track, which I don't with rF2. GSC doesn't have dynamic racing line or the advanced real-time tire modeling with flat spotting (that you can feel well on rF2) but it does have a databank with how the tires should respond on most situations. You can't see a blown tire for example, but it's represented by the temperature and pressure being all wooey. I found myself picking up a car better on GSC 2013 and Assetto than rF2 and pCARS.

8. zonder

zonder Registered

Hehe you guys made me buy that Sim, Thanks. It is amazing experience i was thinking of installing rF1 again just to have some jump on the side to enjoy old buddy, but ohh boy that is pinnacle of old rF1 engine, Looks stunning, feels great. Does it feel better than rF2? Not for me there is clearly visible gap in graphics although they are crisp and sharp it runs on my system with 3 digit FPS completely maxed out, lack features like Real Road, and physics feel not as detailed as in rF2 although they feel very good to me.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2013
  9. Jerry Luis

Jerry Luis Banned

That guy Niels something rocks on physics department.
    Once he made a video from RC cars and one of go karts. Obviously i cannot tell about ffb, but from what i can see in video, both of mods behave exactly they behave irl.
    And i drove a little GSC 2012. They made wonderful job with a mix of real feel and leobodnar plugin.
    Default ffb on rf1 was terrible to me and always i have to mess with realfeel and leo plugin (most because the ffb forces decrease when pass maximum grip of the tires) to get good ffb.
    In fact, at beginning of rf2, i prefer my settings with mixed realfeel/leo plugins in rf1 than rf2 ffb. But get rid of that pain in ass settings before each car i choose to drive to get what i think it was most perfect ffb feeling, make me get used to rf2 ffb (which today i found great).

edit: here is the kart videos

Another cool thing they of GSC implement is little twist on head when on turns. To compensate the lack of g-force feelings, is a great idea (i donĀ“t remember if this happen on rf1):

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2013
  10. JorgeANeto

JorgeANeto Registered

It's mandatory simracers support this Sim. I'm quite sure most people here can afford 25 boxes. It's a small team which is doing an excellent job and extracting all the engine can deliver.

By the way, maybe ISI can correct me, it's not the same engine of rF1, but it's a newer step that never came to the light.

11. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

I think technically it was RFactor v1.7 that Game Stock Car used, I think it was just some small tweaks and options added, some of which were for ISI's Formula Superleague sim, but I'm sort of half-guessing and half going by a very vague memory of mine.

12. JorgeANeto

JorgeANeto Registered

I think there were some (few) additional shaders in GSC engine version. But I'm also not sure.

13. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

The first Reiza release based on rF2 will be the easiest purchasing decision I'll ever make.

14. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

It's gmotor2 with a lot of optimizing work and other layers of things done, there's no such mysterious rFactor.

15. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Omg I hope this will happen someday

16. Domi

Domi Registered

Yep, I think it was Renato or Niels who admited that they use stock rFactor, and they can't change anything from the source code.

It just shows how good rF can be if you have proper physics, adjusted FFB (realfeel), alive tracks (micro bumps) and good shader work.

17. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

I'm starting to think that exactly what the future is for rf2, it will make a totally super base for a specific nicely rounded
    release by a good mod team, using the advanced features of rf2 etc

18. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Can you host your own server in gsc2013 ??

(like we can with rf2 )

19. Pablo S

Pablo S Registered

Rubens B. on simracing and particularly on GSC 2013.

20. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

I think what really makes GSC stand out is Niels and that fact that they have RealFeel preconfigured properly. RealFeel really makes or breaks rF1. So many people refused to learn how to properly configure it. They would rather tweak 300 settings in the controller.ini or the LeoFFB plugin (which has to be changed for each car but is saved globally) than change the one and only parameter that needs changing in RealFeel (which is stored per car). With RealFeel you simply set max output to 0 in the controller.ini to totally disable the default FFB and then use 100% RealFeel. You configure the max steering arm force for each car once and your done. Unlike LeoFFB it stores the setting by car name so you don't have the change the settings every time you change cars.

There are a lot of good mods in rF1. Some of them are totally ignored. HistorX, NAGT and AE86 are hands down the best mods. Niels played a big part in HistorX. But what really makes these three mods stand out is their amazing FFB with RealFeel.

Thank god ISI ditched the old canned FFB from rF1 and went with FFB based almost entirely on steering arm force like RealFeel.

GSC just shows what rF1 can do when properly configured. None of this clipy rip your arms off FFB with no fidelity.

I am excited that AC is coming along but still hasn't presented any real info on modding. Hopefully this will get modders off the fence between rF2 and AC. Hopefully Niels starts toying with the new TGM tires.