rF2 screen shots.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by F1lover, Jan 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

Okayama, I believe.

2. NWDogg

NWDogg Registered

I am super encouraged for the future of rF2, considering 7 (8?) years later, rF1 still looks that good. Obviously ISI knows how to make good graphics, they've done it already in rF2, and every new track they release is a huge step up from the previous ones. I imagine in 4 or 5 years, rF2 will hit the peak of its graphical capabilities, but that time isn't right now. To be quite honest, I can't understand how some people can criticize the graphics anyway. I'm running a rather low-end video card, nothing maxed, aa off, hdr off, shadows low, etc..., and I think the graphics are awesome on MY machine. I can't wait to pop in a GTX 660 TI (or 680 if they're on sale in a month or two) I certainly won't be complaining about the graphics.

btw, whoever has that Okayama track, if you're interested in sharing or need a tester, feel free to send me a message ;)

3. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

I can understand it, because we haven't shown a clear progression. The Howston, for example, was a model started in 2009, and although updated and with newer textures, it won't look as good as the car which came before (Camaro, started 2012) or the BTCC car (started 2013). If things came out in order (which won't happen for a while, we still have a backlog of older content) life would be easier... lol

Tosch: I'd be interested to see a comparison shot between Northamptonshire in rF1 and Silverstone in rF2. ;)

4. Miro

Miro Registered

Just wow!

5. Cangrejo

Cangrejo Registered

Totally agree. The difference is amazing. :)

6. Tosch

Tosch Registered

Essington is a matter of the heart. I really love the classic rF1 tracks (Toban, Essington, Mills). Maybe it is because the "good old times" (run rF1 since the first day of the demo) or just because they are really special and not like the parking lots created for F1. Silverstone is a great track, but it can't create the sense of speed like some of the old classics or the historic belgium do. In my opinion it was a good decision from ISI not to follow the mainstream and do some historic stuff (I know, historic stuff has now become mainstream) instead of recreating the same content like everybody else in the sim business.
    Silverstone has to wait. I will do it after my comparison between rF1 Toban and Scott's Toban for rF2. :D

7. FONismo

FONismo Registered

Tim, the two cars i'm most excited about are the Cobra and Bentley. The Howstons have restored my faith in rF2 and tintops, but i really wish they looked better. Are the Bentley and Cobra going to be of 2013 spec in terms of model like the BTCC car?

8. FONismo

FONismo Registered

Resized so not as large

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Galaga

Galaga Banned

Nice pics, Fonismo.

10. rob1178

rob1178 Registered

11. 88mphTim

Bentley not yet started (so yes), AC427 was started last xmas I think, so yes.

12. FONismo

FONismo Registered

Exactly what i was hoping you would say, thanks! Looking forward to Cobra

13. 88mphTim

I'm hoping to get to the UK this xmas for the Bentley survey, then I think it'll hop VERY high on the production list.

14. rockerman

rockerman Registered

15. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

holy crab that is so photorealistic, is there a lot of PS or did you somehow manage to get rf2 look like this? (not complaining about the way it currently looks but those pictures are srsly like shot by camera)

16. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

17. deBorgo83

deBorgo83 Registered

Excellent!

18. FONismo

FONismo Registered

Fantastic sounds great!

Mainly colour curve adjustments, exposure and some shading with a vignette. Both things ISI can adjust within their engine i expect, i.e curves and exposure or contrast. But getting a setting that fits all the different times of day is possibly what holds them back from getting better results.

atm the lighting in rF2 is very flat for me, needs a boost. Everything springs to like at dusk and dawn, but even then it still looks odd at times.

Last pic is obviously heavily edited

19. MarcG

MarcG Registered

pop by Aston Martin and license their cars, ta :)

20. Tosch

Tosch Registered

Has Brianza short a safety car problem? Had a rolling start (skipped formation lap) and it appears the safety car was still on track. Couldn't see much from start pos. 24.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.