rF2 screen shots.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by F1lover, Jan 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pleclair

pleclair Registered

Well, it would have helped if they asked before doing any work, maybe :)

I agree, that's bad news tho. Modelling this track from scratch would probably take so long (for a mod team), that by the time it will be done, the layout will probably have changed :p

Faith is in ISI now! Please :)

2. pleclair

pleclair Registered

3. pay2021

pay2021 Registered

Yes, is too sad after seing his progres :(

4. Galaga

Galaga Banned

5. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Looks cool!

6. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Double darn it,

Rfactor 2 is in need of more (quality) tracks -that looked pretty good from the vid they posted,

Hopefully more track announcement surprises are to follow (that will get released)

7. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

I assumed they had asked permission from Simbin hence the DVD check? Anyone wishing to use this mod would need to own GTR Evo.

I take it this is not the case or have Simbin changed their mind? Probably because R3E looks so poor.

8. pleclair

pleclair Registered

Editing screenshots is lots of fun actually!

Here is a new one, again at Silverstone, 5h30am, this time in the FISI.

Side shot with motion effect.
    View attachment 8959

Close up at an angle from above.
    View attachment 8960

9. Andii

Andii Registered

Agree 100%! I think this pay-content system doesn't work as good as they hoped. (See Simraceway, they're also drowning)
    Because the Ring looks so good in rFactor2 they are pi**ed off.

10. Mibrandt

Mibrandt Registered

11. feels3

feels3 Member Staff Member

This is always difficult for us, for community members and also for a dev teams (not only for SimBin).
    Don't make this more difficult please.

I found official SimBin statement - an open letter to the community.

You should read this.
    https://www.facebook.com/notes/simb...community/10151612641882561?notif_t=notify_me

BTW. @Mibrandt

Nice shots :)

12. Johannes Rojola

Johannes Rojola Registered

I agree pretty much everything with the SimBin statement, even I know it is also literally a death blow to my favorite mod project, Historx.

13. Andii

Andii Registered

Yea I read it.. was a bit overreacting (my last post)..

I also mostly agree with them.

14. pleclair

pleclair Registered

I sort of agree as well, but SimBin is taking this path now, because their content is finding ways into other games more than otherwise I would think.

If they were in position where they received more content from other games than otherwise, would they still make that same statement?

I doubt.

While I agree that this approach to modding is wrong, but does it really hurt them that much? I mean all their games are already on most torrent sites, private and public. Having some tracks/cars end up in other competition "niche" product... I dunno. And most of the time, they are altered by the modders, making it better, with updated textures, fixed stuff and so on. So it's not like it's 100% the same either. Maybe there are some tracks/cars like this, but I doubt it's the majority.

It's not like EA's Shift 2 with a lot more users and sales are getting this.

My guess is they are seeing ISI's coming out on top with rF2 and they are sort of panicking... specially seeing how their latest offering seems to be doing, and GTR3 at this point looks almost vaporware... the website about it is a joke.

15. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

Yeah, R3E isn't doing so well and they know that releasing the Nordschleife for that title could potentially save it from failure. The possible demise of the free-to-play Sim Raceway could be a wake-up call for Simbin to do something fast.

I think it's safe to assume GTR3 is no more, which is a massive shame as it's the game that most of us sim racers want, not R3E. GTR3 would have been a success for Simbin based on the strong following for their previous titles. F2P just isn't a popular concept.

16. pay2021

pay2021 Registered

Right, everyones fears rFactor 2, the King!!

17. Mibrandt

Mibrandt Registered

Why dont they convert it themselves and sell it for a small amount? Most of us would probably pay for it anyway.

18. pleclair

pleclair Registered

That sounds like a great idea, I know I would. Specially if they don't straight convert it, but take advantage of the rF2 engine, and make it a real rF2 track.

They could do it for their most popular cars/tracks. I'm sure it would certainly help their standing within the community. Specially if they don't overcharge for the stuff they convert.

If the world was sane, people working at Kunos, Simbin, etc, who are developing their own sim, should realize that rF2 is the best engine atm, and team up.

Imagine Kunos and Simbin bringing their license to rF2 and making their content for it, and charging for it. We would have the golden age of sim racing!

EDIT: We don't need 10 sims with 10 cars/tracks each... We need one, with the amount of cars you see in GranTurismo series, with road cars, race cars, open wheelers, rally cars, historics, karts, etc... and with all tracks that exists for those series.

Now that would be a sim to be remembered forever :)

Am I dreaming? :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2013
  19. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

You are forgetting the fact that rf series is also so popular because it's cheaper than many other sim concepts, relise on community made content.

You may have missed the payware conversation that we had here on the forum some time ago when f1ligue mod and T5 mod were announced. Some were pro and many against.

Personally I would probably pay for some content but not for all. Looking at cars that ISI have already announced and that community has already made and making, I'll have plenty to play even without major development towards payware.

20. pleclair

pleclair Registered

I think you got me wrong there. I'm not saying that ISI should at this point stop making stuff for rF2. I believe it is quite far from what they intend it to be. So I don't think we have any fear there.

What I meant was, ISI maybe doesn't have the funds currently to license stuff such as Nords. So if we can all chip in together, we could help them get the license sooner than later.

ISI could deal with the most affordable licenses and offer them free to rF2 for a while, and we could have kickstarter (not necessarily on this website, but you know what I mean), to deal with the most expensive ones.

There are many people are getting a game for that one track. I know I got shift 2 almost just for that track (and was curious to see how it was).

Also, it seems there is a lot of pressure on the so called next-gen sims. So if rF2 could get it sooner than later, it might give them a huge boost in the end in this war of the sims, cause they have a huge lead atm.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.