rF2 at Maximum setting has nothing to envy to the other sims!(video inside)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GTClub_wajdi, Jan 4, 2014.

1. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Hi guy's
    I have never set rf2 to maximum setting! I have a triple screen setup and usually play with medium-high setting to support a good fps between 55-70fps, but today I thought to see how is rF2 at maximum setting and when I say maximum setting I main every thing at maximum setting, shadows, HDR-ON, AA-8, reflections-high....and woww!

rF2 at maximum setting is so beautiful and has nothing to envy to the others sims like AC and iRacing, especially with the last ISI circuits( Silverston, Mores..) and cars like the Honda-Civic and with some high quality mod like the URD mod and feel3s circuits!
    Sadly there are a lot of crappy conversions that does'nt give to rf2 a good spot!
    Here is a video that I made today with the Civic at Poznan(TV replay with Tosch's HDR profile) and with an accelerated time scale(*60) and the day-night cycle is just stunning!
    please watch in fullhd!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2014
  2. Luc Devin

Luc Devin Registered

Lol this is not new it is beautiful this rfactor :)
    You just had to open my eyes

3. rob1178

rob1178 Registered

Which settings control how clear the grass textures are?

I use full textures at 1080 res and often it looks like just green blur, even close up. Nothing like the quality that's on show

4. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

AF setting?

5. rob1178

rob1178 Registered

16 x af

Nv inspector overrides AA to 2 x multi and 2 x sparse grid

Gives me decent fps and no real jaggies but not this clear grass

6. 88mphTim

Not that familiar with nVI. I get grass like this without it. So it might even be causing this with some setting you have...

7. rob1178

rob1178 Registered

Ok thanks, I'll take a look using just rf2 settings and nothing from NVI

Only just upgraded to 1080 racing - it is incredible but still fiddling to squeeze the best performance out of the gpu at this new res

8. tjc

tjc Registered

I also don`t use NVI and have nice, crisp grass as seen above in wajdi`s vid...

9. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Your onboard videos usually looks very wierd for my single monitor, but this one looks better :p
    Yes, rf2 looks great sometimes. Shame on the bad LOD for the Civic... The whole interior and other stuff is disappearing at very short distance and I can see it in your video too :p
    And the pop up shadows... With shadows set to max, the under-car shadow should never disappear. But some nice improvements to graphics lately, no doubt.

10. rob1178

rob1178 Registered

Yes graphic improvements, some optimisation might be nice though, it's getting hungry to have all the toys on

11. 88mphTim

It shouldn't really be getting any more hungry as you're suggesting? The last two builds had some.

12. rob1178

rob1178 Registered

The tyre smoke hammers my fps, and still can't use wet weather properly. These things really seem to have had an impact recently for me.

Not sure how much of it is the higher resolution I'm running, but I had the same issues before, especially tyre smoke. It's awful online, first corner is blind with smoke and down at 20fps from vsync'd 60. Don't want to derail this into the usual nitpicking though, it still looks pretty good to me

Mirrors are better now though, hardly any hit whereas it was 10-20fps less before :)

13. Saabjock

Saabjock Registered

The irony is that GTClub used a non-ISI circuit for this demonstration.
    I still think based on the quality of his work coupled with the fact that ISI plan to develop RF2 over time, they should have made feels3 an offer he couldn't refuse.
    That said; looking out the windshield of RF2, there is a sense of realism few simulations games have captured.
    It feels exactly as I remembered.
    It's not about looking pretty and having every single object in complete focus.
    That's simply not what you see on track.
    ISI is doing a good job overall BUT I do believe they need to raise their game in some areas.
    It's not okay for any part of any sim released in 2005 to have better looking 'anything' that one released approximately seven years later.
    To date, the replays in Rfactor still look better than those of Rfactor2. That's absolutely disappointing.
    While the physics component and other aspects are very good, I believe it's incumbent that ISI fix the strobing under-car shadows...as well as the grass and smoke appearing inside cockpits.
    That's getting just a tad old this may releases in.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2014
  14. rob1178

rob1178 Registered

in game 8 x AA
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

in game 5 x AA

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

no real difference from one in game AA setting to the next.

now i revert back to my old NVI settings and it looks awful!! jaggies everywhere. my fiddling has resulted in a disaster, despite returning to exactly the same settings as before, its now significantly worse.

how does that work?!

15. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Yea, feels3 has done a great work with rf2 motor and every one knows that not having him with us anymore is a big loss for rf2 community ( he was working in InterLagos and was planning to do Modern Spa)! said this ISI has improved significantly in the last few circuits like Silverstone and Mores!

16. 88mphTim

Ah, new particle effects, sure. Apologies, I guess you're right that there has been an increase in requirement there.

17. Marvin Morgan

Marvin Morgan Registered

I have to agree. Mores is one of the best looking, if not the best looking, tracks in rF2 at the moment.

18. Miro

Miro Registered

Feels has an awesome "green finger" :) but as good he is I think Tuttle is the master of the textures if you ask me. And this not only within rF2. :p

19. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

Imho the few things that rF2 is still missing graphically speaking are no big deals, to me its motion blur, some proper AA, i dont know but i can, no matter what settings, see pixels on edges especially in distances and than things like better animations support, for shifting, pressing buttons and also pit crew animations would be awesome, for pressing buttons and shifting you would need animations blending thru animation layers, that is the most common and also most convinient way. I dont know what is the engine capable of but i assume none of these. Of course, more graphical features you will add to the vehicle, more work it will be to do it, and more difficult it will be for modders to match the devs content.

For pit crew animations you would need a good animator, and, judging from the animations that are in rF2 (the pit guy showing you which way to go and the flag wavers) ISI does not have any animators in their lines as those animations are just horrible :-D

I was thinking once that i would make a lot better looking guys and animate them and donate them to ISI, will play with that thought a bit more and will see

20. rob1178

rob1178 Registered

pretty sure i've seen one modder who has got crews in game, but they arent public yet AFAIK