[RELEASE] Nordschleife Tourist v1.65 beta

Discussion in 'Locations' started by pleclair, Aug 4, 2013.

1. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

Well, sure wish it worked the same for me. It used to run the bar across to 100% then the box would pop up asking whether to open or save, then you point it to where you want it saved.
    Now the bar hits 100% and that is all. Then you run around your hard drive trying to figure out where it stashed it.
    You give up, close all windows and stare at the desktop in disbelief and then lo' and behold-- there it is, right there on the desktop. Unusable.

2. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

You must have got it out of focus there is a small window you click to browse for save folder.

If you miss it open your browsers downloads window, you should see it added after the transfer finishes, at least Chrome does.

3. Jez Hammond

Jez Hammond Registered

I would recommend downloading from mirrors first. Mega is strange how seems to work for most but for me no browsers are fully functioning with their site. Firefox is supposed to have a popup which asks if user is ok with downloading the >50MB file, that doesn't show so it suggests I click on a tiny icon by the url...which isn't there. Other browsers are similar in failing with Mega, so I presume it's their end and not mine after seeing this ongoing.

Luckily the mirror sites don't fart around with fancy downloaders. And I can enjoy what is now becoming a totally smooth Nord on my system. Thanks again pleclair for your efforts.

4. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

On firefox you need an official Mega addon for it to work properly. Might be the same on chrome and IE.

5. tjc

tjc Registered

Well I`m on Chrome and out of all the versions that pleclair has released only two wouldn`t work for me... you`d have thought if it needed some sort of addon none would have worked without it.

Strange though...

6. Dennis

Dennis Registered

Hey :)

im so excited! ... maybe in version 0.99z³ the trees near my city ... 170 km far away from the NOS will be nearly perfect ;)
    Na im joking dude :p

I wanna to thank you for your work on this very very best track ever build in racing history.
    Your version of the Nordschleife is one of the best i ever drove and for sure the best one in rfactor / rfactor 2.
    It looks very nice, very nice grip, lovely to drive and in my opinion it comes very very close to the real Nordschleife.

So until now i drove hundreds of rounds on your track and i got fun every time and every round.

Sometimes im a bit confused about the people here in this thread :p.
    Im always driving fully at the limit of the car.
    Trying always to put down the fastest laptime on the Server. Try to find corners where i can push a little bit more without ending
    in the fence or kill my car at the wall.
    Adjust my setup, gearbox etc.

How the hell you got time for looking after trees wich are standing hundreds of meters away from the track ? :D:D

But back to topic.

I think it would be very nice to drive races on this track. Real races ...
    So my question is ... do you got the possibility to move the pitlane from the tourist parking lot maybe to the "old original pitlane" !?
    Cause the actual pitlane is fully useless to drive races on this track in wich you have to pit for tyres or fuel.

So is that maybee a possibility !?

greetz from Germany :p

7. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

And as for having the time to check them, that's just peeps looking for bugs and whatnot, helping Pleclair ironing out issues :)

If you would compare the first conversion to what we have now.....big deal, even in subtle changes.

8. Dennis

Dennis Registered

:p dont missunderstand me pls :)

it was not an offense ... i know the first one ... im driving this track since the first version came out :) i know that there is a big step forward

this part of my reply was more like a joke ... hmm seems like im not so funny :)

9. Tosch

Tosch Registered

I like the idea. Since the AIW file needs an general overhaul anyway, I will try to redo the pit path and some other things. :D

10. Max Angelo

Max Angelo Registered

Actually the current Tourist layout is a sort of "frankestein" for real races.
    I mean, the old Nords layout (till 1983) was different compared to the current Tourist, and real races are run nowadays in the 24h and in the VLN layouts.

I appreciate A LOT the work by Pleclair, i have full trust in him and i think no fair tell what to do, but imho the current Tourist reached a good level, at the point that starting the conversion job of the 24h and/or the VLN layout, might be a good idea, so to have a realistic environment for actual racing.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2013
  11. Slamfunk3

Slamfunk3 Registered

Hey guys,
    Im sure some of you have seen this video already but i figured I'd put it up for Pleclair and anyone else interested. So this is basically a NISMO promo for the new GTR NISMO edition and theres a lot of PR about how amazing this car is (blah blah blah :)) but it's really cool to hear Michael Krumm talk about the lap.

12. Kickbox

Kickbox Registered

I think the part from second 35 till 40 is wrong, look here:

Then look pCARS 0:23 till 0:26:

And here 0:59 till 1:02...

Something is wrong...

13. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

There is more parts there arent neccessarily accurate in terms of elevation, but you are asking too much as this is not a profesional laser measured track, you need to expect some differencies.

14. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Yes, and pleclair will tackle those issues after all the basic things are worked out. He might need some help, but no reason the layout can't be altered. But no point in having a perfect layout if the rest of the track could not be brought up to top standards. Most doubted this could happen...but now are believers :)

By the way, it's not a big difference...

15. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

+1

Have a look at the difference in Spa rF2 and pCARS or rF2 , pCARS and AC Monza

Some of the differences are glaring , well almost the whole of Spa is like night and day in the above titles. ........ yet they are developers.

So how you expect others to get it right. ;)

16. fischkopf

fischkopf Registered

Maybe we can create a wiki or Google docs file where we can document what needs to be done. So that pleclair does not need to search and investigate what to do next.

17. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

Do you mean the SPA from 60s or modern one? As the modern one is not ISI track (afaik)

18. Bigbazz

Bigbazz Registered

Pleclair's version seems tighter and a little slower to me, though to be honest that doesn't detract from the overall experience, as a driving experience it is wonderful. From a pure simulation real life comparison it isn't 100% accurate but from a production point of view it is spectacular. For good racing you need a high quality production track, laser scanning perfection isn't necessary for that, only for making direct real life to sim comparisons.

19. canastos

canastos Registered

What are you talking about????

That section of Nordschleife is very realistic, as the rest of the track is; since it is impossible to have a 100% accurate translation of the real track, we must accept the fact that we will always use approximations, the question is how realistic it feels and looks, and believe me, pleclair's version does the job waaaay better than pcars above shown, and anyway, how can you compare those videos, when they have so different light, point of view, speed, and even vehicle?

20. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

I don't want to be a conspiracy theorist, but I suspect that the rise in the pavement in the COM8 version this one is built from conveniently hid the lack of graphics and track build-out for the F1 track. The old track went right down the main straight there and even if turning right at the old pits as we do, you could still see all the buildings and track perfectly. Instead of trying to recreate all of that, just make a slight rise ;) Or who knows? I only know that it can be fixed, so we'll just wait patiently until it comes up on the list of things to do.

The earlier suggestion of a wiki or listing of the most serious divergences from reality would be helpful.

But I also agree that these small inaccuracies, while I'd like to see them fixed, don't detract from the immersion or fun of the track that we have now.