[RELEASE] Nordschleife Tourist v1.65 beta

Discussion in 'Locations' started by pleclair, Aug 4, 2013.

1. pleclair

pleclair Registered

After getting so many thanks this morning, I got my own thanks to make!

SPASKIS, Mario Morais, Tosch, Mianiak, Eth0ne, Senna, and I'm probably forgetting some.

Everyone in this thread been really nice so far, I'm happy the thread hasnt turned bad.

Thanks everyone, rF2 sure got a very good community, I'm happy to be part of.

2. vittorio

vittorio Registered

Yes it's tricky to get the real color. But ATM I think the color is too bright in 0.97c and way to dark in 0.97d. Maybe a side by side comparison of screenshots and pictures is needed with same wheater. e.g. no clouds, same time, same season of the year, same place and some rubber on track. Going to do that.

Yes I would like to have that too (in a very much later version). I was thinking about researching what kind of tarmac is on different places and what grip level these have, dry and wet (roughly). Maybe ISI knows something about this since they are moddeling and providing different tires too. Maybe later they provide grip profiles for different tarmac types too?

3. jrcn50

jrcn50 Registered

I've got error messages when dowloading the track (version 0.97d) inside the game (errors about trees dimension, if I remember correctly) so the track can't be dowloaded inside the game...I returned to the 0.97a version which works fine.
    Am I the only one with this issue?

4. yoghurt

yoghurt Registered

No problems with 0.97d here.

5. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

There is no question that the shots of the new dust/particle system are way better than what we've had. That being said, I agree that dust, whatever limited amount there would be in a place that is pretty rainy, should be off-line, not on the racing line or on curbs that are used regularly. A great place to put it, though, would be in the seam area between the curb and the grass/dirt, so it would appear when you actually went off-track, even with just half a wheel ;) Of course the big curbs and flat areas next to the curbs were installed expressly to avoid this dust from getting kicked-up on to the track, but still, if you go past that area and on to the actual grass or dirt, it should show.

Tarmac colour is OK now--definitely not too dark. In fact, there are some patches of darker tarmac at the sides of some areas of the track that actually should be used as the primary tarmac (in sections that are recently repaved). Is the track surface divided in a away that some areas can have newer/darker tarmac than others? If not, that would be an awesome addition to make things more immersive (note I didn't say realistic--I don't really care where the new and old pavement is because it's changed over time so many times at the real track, but just having the variety would be awesome. I am sure some locals could tell us how/where the track is divided into sections for repaving).

Great to hear you are making progress on the trees!!! It's been quite a learning curve and although I am glad it's been you and not me, you now know 100 times more about graphics and modding than the rest of us (besides a tiny few who have been helping to advise you)! I hope that knowledge makes you happy and comes in useful for you in your "real life."

6. Wee_Eck

Wee_Eck Registered

I downloaded from the mega link. I get the same error, while loading the track.

7. RGerke

RGerke Registered

One big wish pleclair, the graffitis on the track are no antialiased... there looks
    not so good ...can you fix it. Place high resolution Textures Graffittis with full AA support?

And please make the asphalt darker in your next version, ...Thanks.

8. jrcn50

jrcn50 Registered

"Error getting stats for texture TREE_LARGE_18.DDSError loading texture TREE_LARGE_18 for material TREELRGC"

Exactly the same message!...I don't understand why...

9. canastos

canastos Registered

For those getting errors while loading, have you set Texture Detail to High?

byyyyyyyyye

10. Alexims

Alexims Registered

Well, may be you forgot to tell something about my message. I paste it quoted:

11. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Regarding the darkness of the asphalt, have you also tested it with HDR off Pleclair?

Here's a comparisment between off and on. whithout HDR its practically black.
    Not complaining btw, just more info to confuse you even more :)

Attached Files:

12. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Oh, also there seem to be graphical anomalies in the track edges now. had not seen this before in other versions. they reflect light so it seems as passing them by they shine and flicker. both with and without HDR.

Just me or..?

Attached Files:

13. Wee_Eck

Wee_Eck Registered

I returned to inform others who are suffering from this error, of the cure. I certainly wouldn't have signed of, in such a manor though. It could be misconstrued.. In previous track builds, this hasn't been a problem. So, something may be amiss in the latest build.

Because I have a feeble 'puter, I set the game up accordingly. You are correct though canastos, if the texture detail is set to high, the track loads.

14. Nor

Nor Registered

@ pleclair, the 0.97d version's tarmac colour is good, also the dust changes are ok. I also wouldn't remove the dust completly. Thank you for great update.

The layout difference for 24h and VLN is only on the GP Track:

Here you can see the 24h layout, the Mercedes Arena is not used, and the NGK chicane second entry is used:

View attachment 10474

The VLN uses the Mercedes arena, and the so called "Kurzanbindung", thus they don't need to drive the ford-Kruve, Dunlop Kehre and Shellkurve. NGK Chikane is the same line as 24h.

View attachment 10475

Pictures taken from theracingline.net

15. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

One more thing I spotted. missing textures.
    My texture detail is set high. But don't think I spotted this in c/d previously. (not entirely sure though)

Attached Files:

16. Digi Lauda

Digi Lauda Registered

No, me too. And also skidmarks on gras are flickering but that doesn´t really matter.

But beside that small glitches pleclair does a really great job. I can only pull my hat for such a good work and it is not even finished :D

Anyway i found something that shouldn´t happen. Had hard times to reproduce it and don´t know if this can also happen at other curbs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-dOKE_ovHA&feature=youtu.be

Digi

17. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

Oh Hot Damn.. That car got wrecked.

18. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Oh for sure! I don't know if it was the versions or just me feeling the love the last few days but even in quick testing on-track it was so much fun :)

19. deak1944

deak1944 Guest

That happened to me in the same place with .96, Build 300, also in the Camero but I could not duplicate it.

20. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

Please Pleclair check out that geometry issue crashing low cars. There is one of those on the original Bathurst for rF1 and it cost me a race. Car bounced off the end of a tire wall like there was an oncoming train.