reiza funding campaign

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jkn87, Jun 25, 2015.

1. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

From reading the page it would be safe to assume they moved on from exe access to source code access. I didn't do the engine deal though with them, Gjon handles older accounts that were before my time.

I'm fine with any sim crowdfunding being posted here really. Doesn't do any harm to expose people who have in large part already paid us what we've asked for as well.

2. 88mphTim

It does say their existing titles use the engine. No?

3. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

Existing yes, but I thought the crowd funding was for a new title which they didn't seem to get too specific on.

4. Nazirull Safry Paijo

Nazirull Safry Paijo Registered

Thats how i got the hint.

And road dynamics =/= real road i suspect

5. Emery

Emery Registered

Crowdfunding is for a new title, one they intend to create from the rF1 source code. It is rF1 source code, that was clarified by staff members posting on Race Department news article.

6. Nazirull Safry Paijo

New title using the existing titles engine. Obviously they would be needing the money for the 4 servers running 24/7 for one

7. Nazirull Safry Paijo

ISI added a road dynamics code into it then

8. Jamie Shorting

Thanks for clearing that up.

9. msportdan

msportdan Banned

its not just for the new title.

All explained in the indiegogo page.

10. Jamie Shorting

I don't get it either but to each their own. AFAIK the rieza devs don't like rF2 tire model so maybe that has something to do with it.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2015
  11. msportdan

msportdan Banned

scared I don't think is the right word. they don't fully understand it, which will probably lead to undesired or unrealistic simulations. Why not stick woth something you can master. Especially in most cases, feels just as good as rf2, and in some ... better.?!

12. Jamie Shorting

Like I said, to each their own. ;)

The Supertrucks still looking interesting though.

13. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

I think they have a decent crew of people there and its a case of if its not broke dont fix it.. I have all the titles but find them difficult to start up once i have experienced rf2 physics, i will probably chip in and wish them the best of luck.... I kinda look upon them as a sister team to isi.... a bit like redbull and torro rosso :)

14. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

I regret clicking to view the post. Oh my goodness, you spew garbage left and right. Tires are one aspect of the rF2 game, the core is still under development and some things may not even be active or supported yet. Also it could simply not be up for commercial licensing yet either.

From every Reiza release we are led to believe it is the rF1 engine, not rF2, and a likely reason for that is not just their experience with the original but also that is a stable and finished platform. They are going to implement their own layers of technology onto that base and create the simulation and dynamics of a few missing aspects. They want to do it their way too, so what? I trust ISI and I trust Reiza. I don't trust non-knowledgeable outspoken people. Look how far Simbin took R3E and its series' DLC.

15. peterchen

peterchen Registered

I donĀ“t think Reiza will use rF2-engine.
    Only way would be that ISI changed theire mind regarding giving licenses for that.

16. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

The behavior is pure rFactor 1. The tyre behavior upon slip, once going too far into slip, the way the tyre looses bite, the way the tyre re-bites, and so forth, it's pure RFactor 1. Until they start messing with the source code (which is what I've been saying for years and what Reiza are finally allowed to do) that'll never change. From the 70's stockcar, to the modern-day V8 stock cars, to the 70s F1 car, to the 90s and 2014 F1 car, the behavior of the tyres once you start pushing is simply RF1.

Go into a corner too fast and notice how the car goes into a slide and notice how it recovers grip during that slide to regrip and turn into the corner, it's identical to anything and everything from RF1. Same with how the rear comes out and how the vehicle behaves during those moments. The tyre/car behavior once pushed to the limits and past is no different from anything in the past 10 years because the "background" software/coding at work (that's running the numbers a car modder/creator enters-in, and much more) hasn't changed and that is why I/we experience the EXACT same behavior in every single car every made from the worst ever to the best ever, from the oldest to the newest, from the softest to the stiffest. Some people don't seem to believe this but I've yet to be shown any proof as all 100s, if not 1000s, of cars I've ever driven based on an iteration of the RF1 engine all exhibit the same types of behaviors.

It doesn't matter what car you drive in Netkar Pro, every car feels like Netkar Pro. It doesn't matter what car you drive in Live For Speed, every car feels like Live for Speed. It doesn't matter what car you drive in Richard Burns Rally, every car feels like Richard Burns Rally, and so on and so on for AC, RF1 (including GSCE, FT, etc.), KRP, RF2, etc. You can always feel which engine you're driving no matter how good or bad a car is modelled and that's why - no matter how amazing and fun SCE is - once you start pushing and playing with the limits it's just same old RFactor 1.

The FFB of the SCE cars, the "control" of them, their overall dynamics are great, but once pushed and working the limits, the slip angles, the behavior characteristics of the car's handling/dynamics, and how it looses and re-gains grip, is identical to anything from RF1. Now that Reiza are allowed to make EXE code/programming changes, maybe they can further evolve the physics from RF1's base coding (and I don't mean just "features" like a flat spot).

I'm a huge Reiza fan :), in-fact, SCE is almost all I've touched in the past 2 months (for a multitude of reasons). I'm extremely delighted that Reiza are finally able to start messing with the actual coding itself :) - which is really what changes/makes a game - rather than just essentially "plugging" different #s into the "heart" of RFactor 1. I've been waiting for this moment for years. This is also whY I'm so delighted with ISI and RF2, because they keep updated the game's coding. Updates to the core tyre coding, steering systems code, turbo code, motor (engine itself) code, chassis, suspension, and aerodynamic code, etc. etc. That is how you improve physics, not just keeping all the coding the same and hoping that "plugging in" a different combination/set of numbers to a car/mod will somehow magically change things.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2015
  17. 88mphTim

Steady on guys. No need to say someone is scared, or someone is spewing garbage. You have the right not to respond to posts like that, and often that is the best action you can take.

18. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

I am just sad that ISI and Reiza could not figure-out how to collectively accelerate the development of rF2 and both use it. I love Reiza, but the old engine is holding back what could otherwise be polished sub-versions of rF2. In other words, today's version of what their titles are to rF1. Both ISI (rF2) and Reiza lose in this arrangement.

19. Jamie Shorting

LOL. Some of you guys are so sensitive it's pathetic. How do you get through life or are you only such wimps on the internet? Some people treat these games like they're a cure for cancer or something. Use the damn ignore feature, it only takes a couple of clicks. :p

20. Emery

Emery Registered

Since I don't have cancer, then it must be true!