Regular Wednesday and Sunday evening racing at 20.00-22.00 GMT+2.

Discussion in 'Online Racing Discussion' started by TIG_green, Feb 20, 2013.

1. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

2. mauserrifle

mauserrifle Registered

Omg the last race: +01:05.105 :D Had a blast in this car. I felt lonely though :p

You know what I can't wait for. Nordschleife. That would be awsome in our runs!

3. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Car was great but I must have more patience in order to be more consistent :D But you were unbeatable this time nevertheless.

We need longer race time for Nordschleife :D Great track indeed but one must practice it first.

Log analyzer is such a great tool. Giving so much interesting and useful information.

I think that for our next session we must agree if we use invurneability or not and also our fuel loads. Canastos did not had the same values for those as we had this time. Not sure though if the fuel load has any effect on laptimes yet...

4. mauserrifle

mauserrifle Registered

Ye need practice and time for that haha. But I must say it's my favorite track. I never get bored on it especially when you do a run with someone and just wait for each other after crashes. Anyway... future talk, caus it's not there.

I run with 10L tank every race. invulnerability can be off... but sometimes AI just crashes into you and then it sucks to not continue race :( I think it can be off when racing without AI. Or just put it on low :)

5. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Oh, but we do have Nordschleife:

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/8065-Released-Nordschleife-75-0-8-by-motorfx-Updated

I think that damage is ok in long races but not sure if in 15 min races :s If somebody makes a small mistake then you won't recover to challenge for the win. Of course it teaches you a valuable lesson to be carefull just like it is in the real life. But still it is kinda risky and these session are basically all the time I have with rf2 at the moment so would be sad to spend them in pits :D But we have discuss this for example in Teamspeak.

6. mauserrifle

mauserrifle Registered

Ye I've driven that but it cannot match the Nordschleife tracks in rFactor. They are simple amazing.... nothing beats the porsche carrera mod using clutch plugin :D My hotlap a while ago: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmCahNYkoys

Yes damage is good to be careful :D I think we have enough respect for each other to enable. Just this damn AI... :p

7. canastos

canastos Registered

About damage, it's ok for me to have it on, I'm used to that, but the fact is that, as TIG_green said, wouldn't be fun to have to pit in a 15 min race. And last night I made a mistake about it, as I knew invulnerability was available, but I didn't activate it as my brain understood damage is off :p; well, I didn't even remember the key to activate it, should find it in some function key anyway

About Nords, I don't like the look of the tarmac in the conversion, but it's still Nords and would be fine to race there just for one day. It would be 2 laps for a 15 min race, not bad :)

And about the new option in the first post, well, it was fun for me with former 2 options, and for sure could be with 3, maybe the main difference would be the time needed to decide option+tracks+car(s)

byyyyyyyye

8. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Just added that 1B option if some longer tracks need more time to run on them. And maybe to try a race with a pitstop.

9. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Will it be Meganes with option 2 (see post #1) in:

Poznan
    Croft
    Topeka

On 17th March

Does someone object? :D

10. canastos

canastos Registered

Have fun, guys, will see your results next Monday ;)

byyyyyyyyyye

11. mauserrifle

mauserrifle Registered

Sounds very good to me :D

12. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

On 17th March

Meganes with option 2 (see post #1) in:

Poznan 1.0
    Croft 0.91
    HPTopeka 1.01

13. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Congratulations Kimi! One of the greatest F1 drivers of our time.

Got so much motivation from this for our session tonight :D

14. mauserrifle

mauserrifle Registered

Haha oh yeah. It was an early morning but I've enjoyed it :D Must indeed be exciting for you as a Fin :)

Session sounds great. I did Poznan with the clio online yesterday. Don't know HPTopeka but I'll leave that as an suprise ;)

I did ALOT of tweaking with my setup again yesterday. FOV from 38 to 35 now to still keep speed sensation but more realistic view. Seat adjusted to the front. It feels perfect now. Disabled the ingame wheel, as it's no use anymore with the perspective :))

I had a BIG laugh about adjusting the seat and mirror sound effects. "seat.. seat... seat". Ok and then I had to adjust my mirrors with SHIFT + seat adjust buttons. "Mirror... mirror... mirror". My girl got so pissed by the sound haha :D

15. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

My FOV is 40 now. It feels quite good and also gives ok speed sensation.

Also tried Clio/Poznan compination online yesterday (had time to do only 8 laps). Got down to 1.46.706. Really great fun.

Yeah, those mirror/seat adjustment sounds are funny :D

16. mauserrifle

mauserrifle Registered

Ye it's hard to find a good balance. I don't like the seat adjustment caus I get problems with my mirrors. In the corvette the big pipe is in front of it, grrr. But a lower FOV means less speed sensation. Keeps me busy haha.

Ye I think I had somewhere near 1.46-47. I raced one race. Didn't see you tho.

17. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

View attachment 6727

I just tried it quickly to test my FOV.

18. mauserrifle

mauserrifle Registered

Nice lap. Ye I was there at different time. There were like 25 racers :p

19. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Pretty nice racing with 25 cars I think :)

20. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Session starting in 10 minutes. See post #1. Welcome! :)