Real Life car specs?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by flibberflops, Sep 18, 2012.

1. flibberflops

flibberflops Registered

I know this is going to sound really lame to some or perhaps I am perhaps I have completely missed something...

but shouldn't there be some indication in the menu the "real life" settings for each car?

For example, I am guesssing in most cases none of the cars in real life have aids like ABS or TC etc, however how are you supposed to know which cars have H shift, sequential, paddles... not to mention auto clutch?

I am not suggesting that settings should be automatically changed, but surely some indication of real life setup per car should be given?

2. jtbo

jtbo Registered

That is where Tim's personal project of building manual, like old games used to have, comes handy, but of course it might take some time until it is complete.

Asking here or searching from the internet is currently only method, of course one can hit shift-u and have a look around in cockpit, but that is not always working either.

Megane, Formula 2 and ISI formula are at least with paddles. Historic formulas H-shifter and GT4 car I use H-shifter too.

3. Digi Lauda

Digi Lauda Registered

4. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

If you read up on the sanctioning rules you will be able to figure out what is allowed and what is not. Other than that, the manufacturers have a free hand on the design.

5. perdy450

perdy450 Registered

6. Fergy

Fergy Registered