Rain Performance (actually incredibly bad)

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by pilAUTO, Nov 3, 2021.

1. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

@Paul Jeffrey
    @Christopher Elliott

I have always found the rain to be very poorly optimized in rF2, as is the day/night cycle.

I just got a very good graphics card (2080 Ti), and I am preparing the theoretical graphics settings that I would use when I have my Reverb G2 in 2 months.

By doing tests in 4K, I can see how the graphics performance is literally destroyed by rain, even with soft particle disabled + rain drops and road reflection on LOW.

Frankly it is abused how much the graphics have to be lowered to have similar performance in dry conditions.

It is really a problem I assure you, I allow myself to tag you, because frankly the rain is almost unusable.

Yet it's really great to put random rain.....

Thank you for reading me.

Emery, juanchioooo and Nieubermesch like this.
  2. Nieubermesch

Nieubermesch Registered

I am with you 100%. It's mostly due to headlights of the cars. If you drive on rain with a formula car the performance I think it's much better. The same thing for tracks later in the day with Formula cars that other classes would have headlights on.... Something needs to be optimized about those headlights!

3. Binny

Binny Guest

Not being nasty but a 2080 and a G2 in rf2 good luck you will need it, most ppl have latest gpu cpu g2 and still have problems, the optimization is crap in VR something they introduced to the sim they cannot seem to fix or dont want to just like the UI. its all about a CS that at best is still WIP and should have been kept in house with testers.

juanchioooo likes this.
  4. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

2080 Ti :

I found graphics settings very pleasant visually + 4K + Nurburgring Combined + 89 AI with a lot of multiclass + day/night, BUT WITHOUT RAIN.

I get a AVERAGE FPS (4K) of 103 fps, so I hope with the same graphics settings to get 90 FPS average on Reverb G2.... (as a reminder 4K = 8294400 mp VS Reverb G2 = 9331200 mp).

If I manage to keep these graphics settings, the image will be extremely immersive.

On the other hand, if I want the rain, I have to lower the graphics parameters in a really spectacular way : it is excessive and not normal.

I think a 25% to 33% loss of FPS would be more acceptable (max).

Binny likes this.